It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Knows Where They Were When.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Was that '93 when they attacked the Russian "White House"? I do remember watching that all night affair asI lost my job the next day because I had been up all night and was too tired to go in. Lame excuse for losing a job, I know, but it is what it was.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
No, this was the 1991 crisis, when Yeltsin famously stood on a tank while he addressed the crowd outside the Parliament building.
What you are remembering is Yeltsin having his own troubles a couple of years later.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a big one, for local event reasons, that may not have been as big across the country....Baby Jessica who fell down the well.

We were in 8th grade math class when she was pulled out.

That was a terrifying story for parents in the area.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
that may not have been as big across the country....Baby Jessica who fell down the well.
That was a terrifying story for parents in the area.

I lived between Virginia and Florida at the time and it was big news in both places too.
I remember Mom being glued to the TV just waiting for any news. It really upset her.

Side note: You are younger than I thought you were. Do you get that a lot?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thanks for the history lesson. I missed the one you were referring to.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

In real life i get the opposite

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Also everyone knows where they were when they heard Princess Diana died.. (here is the UK especially)

I'm from the UK and I don't remember where I was when I heard she died, I didn't really care to be honest, it's not like I knew her personally or her life affected mine in any way.

I don't remember hearing about the OJ Simpson case either, again, I didn't give a toss if he was guilty or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join