It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now online : Full collection of “Journal UFO” – Canada 1979-1980 (a “great resource”)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A complete collection of the 8 issues of “Journal UFO” (a Canadian publication from 1979 to 1980, edited by Dave Haisell) is now available online. The editor of “Journal UFO”, Dave Haisell, kindly gave me his permission last week for me to make this publication freely available online. It has been scanned by our helpful friends at the Archives For the Unexplained (“AFU”) in Sweden from their vast archives.

Canadian UFO researcher Sue Demeter-St Clair recently referred to this publication as a “great resource”. I found “Journal UFO” interesting because, apart from UFO case reports, it included:
(1) Higher quality articles than you will find in most UFO magazines (or on most UFO websites…);
(2) Articles by various leading Canadian UFO researchers, including Stanton Friedman and Chris Rutkowski;
(3) Interviews with some other leading Canadian UFO researchers;
(4) More coverage of what was happening internationally than most American UFO magazines included (or include today…).

The relevant collection of 8 searchable PDFs can be downloaded as a single zip file from a temporary link on Wetransfer (HERE) and, as a longer term home, each issue is also on part of the AFU’s website (HERE).

Add this to a download of the complete collection of the sceptical "Probe Report" UFO journal (an early 1980s British publication edited by Ian Mrzyglod, which I have previously made available online) and you can get a good impression of the higher quality UFO publications from the 1970s-1980s.

For good measure, I recommend also adding the MUFON Journals, NICAP Newsletters, APRO Bulletins and other material from links that I've previously posted online. You can then use the search technique I've already previously written about to search all of these collections of UFO journals/newsletters at the same time, together with collections of official documents (such as those I've made available in searchable PDF format from files held by the FBI and those in Australia, Canada, New Zealand), digitised UFO books and other material (such as the archives of the better UFO email discussion Lists, e.g. the UfoUpdates List).

I would like to thank Dave Haisell again for giving his permission for his “Journal UFO” publication to be made freely available online and also to thank the AFU for doing the rather boring task of scanning all the issues.

So that people can get an idea of the content and nature of “Journal UFO” without downloading all the issues, I’ll just post the Cover and table of contents for each issue (plus a few sample pages) below – starting with Volume 1 Issue 1:

A more recent photo of Dave Haisell is included below…

edit on 10-4-2016 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Cover and table of contents (plus a few sample pages) for Volume 1 Issue 2:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Cover and table of contents (plus a few sample pages) for Volume 1 Issue 3:

link   
Cover and table of contents (plus a few sample pages) for Volume 1 Issue 4:

link   
Cover and table of contents (plus a few sample pages) for Volume 2 Issue 1:

link   
Cover and table of contents (plus a few sample pages) for Volume 2 Issue 2:

link   
Cover and table of contents (plus a few sample pages) for Volume 2 Issue 3:

link   
Cover and table of contents (plus a few sample pages) for Volume 2 Issue 4:

edit on 10-4-2016 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Hello IsaacKoi,
This looks awesome, thank you!

Finally some stories from close to home. (I'm in SW Ontario, about an hour from Toronto.)
Bookmarked for later.

S&F
jacy

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Very cool. Thanks to everyone involved.

Just one fairly minor annoyance. But it's a rather major one to me. I wish they'd been scanned like magazines are usually scanned. One page at a time. Rather than in two page spreads.

I may have to go through the laborious process of cropping each scan and recreating the PDF. Or I may just make CBRs.

It's a good object lesson on following standard procedure.

But I really do appreciate everyone who made this material available.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks once again for getting permission to put these out there for those of us interested in the topic and the history of it too.

I just read the piece about the Bob Taylor case from 1979 (which is one of the UKs strangest encounters). It mentions something I'd never heard of before "filmings of recent daylight sightings of unidentified spherical object on airlines"...

It references the "Journal of Transient Aerial Phenomena", a BUFORA publication, for more detail.

Do you have any ideas of the status of it Isaac? It doesn't seem to be easily available with a cursory web search.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
I just read the piece about the Bob Taylor case from 1979 (which is one of the UKs strangest encounters). It mentions something I'd never heard of before "filmings of recent daylight sightings of unidentified spherical object on airlines"...

It references the "Journal of Transient Aerial Phenomena", a BUFORA publication, for more detail.

Do you have any ideas of the status of it Isaac? It doesn't seem to be easily available with a cursory web search.

BUFORA's "Journal of Transient Aerial Phenomena" has been scanned by BUFORA but, the last I heard, is only available by purchasing it from BUFORA's website on a DVD (along with quite a few other goodies, at a fairly reasonable price).

I've checked the relevant BUFORA article you mention above and it doesn't have anything about the Project Starlight International aircraft sightings mentioned in the Journal UFO item. The Journal UFO item seems to be making a passing comparison to an element of those other sightings, as an additional comment rather than drawing upon the BUFORA article in relation to those other sightings.

The relevant 4 page article in the BUFORA publication does not refer to Project Starlight at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. I see a DVD archive 1959 -2005 is on sale for £15.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Thanks for that. Much appreciated. I see a DVD archive 1959 -2005 is on sale for £15.

Yes. I have previously contacted BUFORA and suggest that they make at least some of the material available online for free.

Making some free samples of BUFORA's journals available online would, I think, benefit everyone. The UFO community gets some free extra material and BUFORA would get some publicity for the DVD it is selling.

(I didn't get a response from BUFORA in relation to that particular suggestion. Generally, BUFORA has been quite good about responding to my other emails over the last decade or so).

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thanks again Isaac.

Do you know anything more about the "Project Starlight International" aircraft sightings that are mentioned above that preceded the Bob Taylor incident?

Please don't put yourself out looking for information though.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow what a difference to the old days (well not that old for some
)
It really is an entirely different discipline now isn't it?

new topics

top topics

join