It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasive Ads on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I recently capitulated to the demands of the ATS owners in disabling my ad-blocker software for this site out of my respect for ATS. This is the ONLY site I have done that for in the entire internet universe.

Recently I have been getting ads for PS4 and other products that take over my screen and expand and start playing sound. These are NOT acceptable ads in my opinion. I have no problem if ATS wants to flash ads at the top and side of my page for whatever, but when my entire browser is co-opted by an invasive ad that is NOT cool and not what I thought was intended by the ATS staff.

I shouldn't have to have sound start blaring from opening an ATS webpage nor should I have my entire screen taken over for some crappy car I will never buy. Is there no way to shutdown these invasive advertisements? I feel like I have been misled as to ATS not having audio and invasive advertisements or maybe the fault lies with the ad provider.

I don't know, but I feel let down that I trusted the site to respect me.
edit on 2016/4/6 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't want to intrude upon your grief during this awful time and can only hope that, one day in the future, you'll overcome this trauma and be able to face the world again.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

If you can muster the strength, please post a comment in SkepticO's 'Ad Hitlist' thread because that's where he actions the bad adverts. Hopefully, then the wounds will begin to heal...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Answer : Sorry we arnt responsable for third party ad content.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm convinced there's some kind of mechanism here that increases misclicks. The ads, for me, don't start on their own, but I misclick often. Most days, actually. The ads often 'jump' underneath my finger when scrolling. Maybe it's a bug or something that appears with tablets. I suspect it's by design, though. Giving me a little extra help in checking out the sponsors.

(post by 123143 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I don't want to intrude upon your grief during this awful time and can only hope that, one day in the future, you'll overcome this trauma and be able to face the world again.

If you can muster the strength, please post a comment in SkepticO's 'Ad Hitlist' thread because that's where he actions the bad adverts. Hopefully, then the wounds will begin to heal...

Why the sarcasm? A little immature dont you think?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There IS a problem with ATS ads. Had been for a while. NO other internet forum I visit has such intrusive ads. Blaming it on a third party is ridiculous. ATS has the final say what happens on their site. Blaming others is the usual cop out we get from ATS.

Its always the fault of the 'third party ad companies'. We have heard that far too many times without any improvments.

SORT IT OUT ATS!!!! This is the first time I have contributed to this site in months now. Intrusive ads is one of the issues for me and others it seems. Also the lack of conspiracy threads these days. NLBS scared away all the best conspiracy posters. Still cant believe a conspiracy site having NLBS which mostly namecalled conspiracy minded people.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ATS? 10 years ago it was one of the best places on the web. Now it seems to by dying quickly.

Staff and mods can be dis respectful also, just for pointing out issues. Dont know why we (users) bother anymore. I really dont.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

When you post in that sarcastic, mocking and condescending tone is that you as a representative / moderator or as a simple disrespectful person? I would like to know if this is an official response or just a member acting like a jerk.

Thanks.

ETA: I do appreciate you pointing out that thread. I was unaware of its existence. That part of your post was helpful and the kind of thing I would expect from a moderator.
edit on 2016/4/6 by Metallicus because: Eta

(post by Bobaganoosh removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have noticed this as well. For me this only happens when I access ATS from my desktop. It almost never happens from my iPad. Usually the ad is for Fear the Walking Dead for me though.

I will check out SkepticOverloads thread later today during nap time.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

What are you talking about? I never get or have seen such ads. Period. Therefore..if I get none....and do nothing...nothing to keep from getting them...then you're blaming ATS for something thats related to your end.

I only block normal popups and uncjeck auto play of videos....and I don't get anything from any site anywhere. And zero from ATS.

Honestly

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join