It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama just visit Cuba and Argentina to strengthen relations for a trade deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It dawned on me while watching news (I know) that Obama just visit these countries and began relations in preparation for one of the coming many trade deals.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a trade agreement among twelve Pacific Rim countries signed on 4 February 2016 in Auckland, New Zealand, after seven years of negotiations, which has not entered into force.

Could this have something to do with Obamas recent visits to Cuba and future visit to Argentina?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Cuba is full of untapped slave labor, Obamas visit was to secure exclusive rights for western corporations, something the Cuban government is hesitant about for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Gee, I hope it is like all the rest of the trade deals, where they manufacture the goods and we buy the goods.
It really helps our economy.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
the new airport was built by china. poor china thinking, now america can control cuba with the help of china airport, there is oil off cuba.its all about oil an china has the right s t o the airport, i wonder how this is going to wokr out

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure I see a conspiracy here.

The US would be outright mad not to engage in trade with south America as a whole.

As for the trade agreements people are angry about, such abusive trade deals are far less likely with countries in south america due to their political nature.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I forget where I heard or read it but how about the idea that Obama reopened Cuba so as to provide a military more willing to quell unrest (I.e. a military willing to kill American civilians) when he suspends the election or for some other unknown reason institutes some type of continuity of government scenario.

I'm not saying I find merit in this idea nor am I trying to fear monger or anything; just an interesting thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't think it is a good sign when you see the US President land in Cuba and their leader is not at the runway or airport to meet Obama...especially when the Cuban president meets everyone else on the runway except the US President.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Last time I looked Cuba was not in the Pacific Ocean. But interesting theory. a reply to: onequestion

new topics

top topics

join