It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible small site problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Howdy all, today I bring nothing but the finest of content, research and finger pointing....

Not really, just one of the sites buttons doesn't work.

When I'm at the start or live page (windows 7 and 8.1 in chrome) the little drop down menu arrow button doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure if it is a design choice, if so can we remove it cause I click on that little bugger three times a day at least.

First world problems here.

edit on 5-3-2016 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

It has been that way since the site did a recent change. Was supposed to get fixed the next day but it must have been more tricky than first imagined. That little drop down button doesn't work on any of the new format pages.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I've just checked on the ATS Home page, with the same effect.
I haven't noticed it before, because I spend all my time on Recent Posts, where it works fine (that could be your practical solution for the time being).
Also works from MyATS.

edit on 5-3-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Just did a quick run through and it works under the "new", "archive", "recent" and "forums" tabs but not under the others ( Win 10, Firefox 44.0.2 ).

Albeit an inconvenience if one doesn't normally use any of those pages regularly, they still should provide access to the desired menu.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I don't know if it's the same thing, but often the buttons on the top of the screen don't work if the screen is scrolled all the way up. I have to scroll down a little bit to make them work again.
edit on 5-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

Yeah not sure if that's the same, I haven't come across that problem personally myself. Computers are weird.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks for having a look. And thanks everyone else who replied as well.

I know it is accessible on the myats page which is where I use it. But that is only because I know it's is there. I would imagine a new comer to the site night try it a few times with no success and be left confused.

Can it be hidden on the non working pages, or made to work again please, only because ats is a generally very tight and tidy site. And little things like this help it look pro.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yeah, the drop down menu only works when on the MY ATS page.

It's been like that for a while now. It had me scratching my head for a bit, but once I figured it out, I adapted.
edit on 5-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So I guess there's no official word on what is to become of the little arrow??

*crossing fingers still hoping for change*

new topics

top topics

join