It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. No one died in this crash today in ATX, thankfully. -Video-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here in Austin, TX today a crash was caught on dashcam at an intersection right down the street from me. It happened around 11am and was still affecting traffic in a big way by the time I was traveling home from work at 5pm. Initially, it was reported there was one fatality but that was corrected - NO fatalities! Wow!

Local news website

KVUE has learned the gravel truck that crashed into several vehicles before going off an embankment Friday has a crash on its record.

Witnesses pulled the driver from the cab before it caught on fire.

Have a safe weekend folks!!
edit on 1809x6718America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 0905x6709America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Wow, it happened so fast I had to replay it again. This is what I worry about all the time. Someone who is barreling down the road and not paying attention to the stopped traffic ahead. This truck could have easily ran over that car! The people in that car must have had a guardian angel protecting them!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Exactly.

Its a scary thought... You do everything right on the road and it still might not be enough to get you home at night. And most of us risk it every single day.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Good lord. I cannot believe the people in that car survived this incident. The driver of that truck needs to face reckless driving among other charges. Was he drunk? That was a right turning lane!

The lane could have been clear, the light green, and that truck would still have rolled taking a turn at that speed. Wtf!

Still i wish you saw more people running to help immediately. Granted it was only about 20 seconds after we see..
edit on 26-2-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Maybe the truck brakes failed, maybe he spilled his soda or coffee, it was in broad daylight.

And then you wonder why your parents worry that you might be texting late at night while driving with your friends while the drunks are out.

Daylight wrecks are horrible. Now magnify it by all the other variables in my second paragraph.

Driving is very scary people.

You could very well die or kill someone with ease in a blink of an eye.

I have been there.

Please be careful and always be safe as you can be. Please.

It might be someone you love, or even yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

As I drove by, they had just pulled the gravel truck up from the 15 ft drop it tumbled down and the front end was torched, smashed and unrecognizable. It almost looked like the engine had been thrown.

Austin is a very hilly city outside of downtown and this intersection is in what we refer to as the hill country, aka west Austin. And the hill this truck was coming down was steep. It feels as if the brakes failed. The link cites failed inspections time and time again for this very truck.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
wow that is scary indeed! weird that the pick-up truck with trailer just decided to drive on.. Very glad everyone survived!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That dickhead in the red truck pulling a trailer is a horrible human being. How do you just drive away without helping?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
That dickhead in the red truck pulling a trailer is a horrible human being. How do you just drive away without helping?

He must have been of the same ilk as the gravel truck driver.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Traffic in Austin is miserable on the best of days. I can imagine any fender bender has long rippling repercussions in the city. Its roads were built for a city of 10k max....anything down by the river or capital area are just not worth going into without real need.

That video was crazy. Guess his brakes failed.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

perhaps the problems he was facing were greater in weight to him.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Getting out of bed can be dangerous, even being born is certain death.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Traffic in Austin is miserable on the best of days. I can imagine any fender bender has long rippling repercussions in the city. Its roads were built for a city of 10k max....anything down by the river or capital area are just not worth going into without real need.

That video was crazy. Guess his brakes failed.

Sounds like Portland traffic.

join