It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Atheists would be better served by being respected. Its not that this is disrespectful OP, far from it. Nice job expressing your faith in an intelligent way. Really. S&F

People who cling to religion have not really considered that MAYBE God is not the problem. Humanity has had God or gods since the beginning.

RELIGION. That is the problem. I dont know how people with a brain can know the abuses of EVERY religion, its vices, its wicked appetites, its history, its purpose, all of it.....and still prop it up like the creator of the freaking universe needed us to express with books and nonsensical rules and superstitious fears in the last thousand years or so what he has been doing since the dawn of time.

RELIGION is the stagnation of the soul. The death of spirit. I learned more about Christ and God when I expelled religion from my life than I ever did in the YEARS of Catholic devotion. I learned the REAL Christ message hidden from me by the religion of emperor Constantine and its subsequent offshoots..

I have seen other religions while out shopping, jesus the very thought, shopping for a religion that fits me like a pair of jeans.....when all I want to do is wear my own skin.

None are different. SO the button is on the top right, the zipper is a little lower, maybe they use cool Velcro instead, still pants made by man....not the skin God made.

SO in order to keep God as supreme I kicked out the tailors.

Is that not the mission of Christ? To make GOD supreme over false idols and priests and dogma?

Is that not a more pure and better faith than someone who only follows rules for fear of punishment?

Beyond division and discord, what has RELIGION given us that spiritual study and general free spirituality has not, and can not give us?

edit on 3 9 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thanks for joining the thread tad. I understand everything you said
and have always hated religion since before I joined ATS. Perhaps
you missed this one?
But damn right I agree with you.

new topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join