It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fraternal Order of Police Data Dump (18TB hacked)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

The judicial system is weak when it comes to sentencing in most cases. I can post links of people getting probation for murder.

To note, Nelson Cuba was not a law enforcement officer, merely a union head.

His light sentence is a judicial issue, not a law enforcement issue. He was arrested.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The site is online again, but in case it goes down again I'll repost some links here:

fop.thecthulhu.com...

Encrypted Fields
There are some encrypted fields in the databases using pg_crypto. The key for it is "Nipper47".

Download
SHA1: 4678 8911 72D6 161B CE20 953F AFEF F04A 1AF9 CC84
SHA256: FF44 DC12 174C 6288 95A0 2974 281C DFAA 4C97 3856 FE96 09A3 531A 29EE B034 6A09

Torrent: Download the FOP.zip Torrent [Recommended]

Magnet: Download the FOP.zip

HTTPS Download Temporarily Disabled. Please use the torrent or magnets to download.
Tip: The magnet/torrent download is usually quicker, but it is not anonymous.

ETA: the downloads above are for the torrent tracker, and not the torrent file. Trackers tend to be only a few KB in size.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

This is taken from the jacksonville news article

“The truth is he’s a beaten man,” said prosecutor Nick Cox after Cuba took his plea deal. “He was once a respected police officer, now he’s selling cigars.”

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have net Cuba several times. I worked on their alarm and one of my best friends wife was his secretary. Thing is, they never said a thing about this. I have to rattle their cage a little and wonder if they didn't know a lot about what was happening. Their silence is deafening with me right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Good catch.

Again, a light sentence is a judicial issue.

He was arrested. The law enforcement officers on the front line did their job.
edit on 30-1-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

And thank god we have the good LEO's out there!

I hope you do not misconstrue my tone or demeanor, I realize that an officers job is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. I look to the officers that a part of LEAP and it honestly fills me with hope.

When it comes to this hack, it is a natural consequence of the lawless cops and the injustice they get away with.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is so irresponsible. What the hell man. They couldnt protect the families of these guys if not them by not releasing their fracking personal info?

What the hell. This isnt anything that can be used to counter corruption. It can fuel its reach. How many cops need die or have their families harassed? What will that accomplish?

Can you imagine being a law enforcement officer on or along the Mexican border with lots of cartel activity, and then this happens? How many home invasions or kidnappings will punish the police sufficiently? How many law enforcement families have to suffer? Would that justify this?

What else would this justify in response?

edit on 1 30 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
This is so irresponsible. What the hell man. They couldnt protect the families of these guys if not them by not releasing their fracking personal info?

I am sorry, but why do people keep claiming that this is what is happening?

From the OP's article

The 18TB figure refers to information that is classified or sensitive that I have in my possession (or is accessible to me) and that I believe has not yet been made public in any form. I have not made it public myself due to a few constraints or issues that I first need to research. I include this in my warning as any police found to be interfering with the free press or activists wanting to expose wrongdoing should know they will put their name at the top of the list for material releases by doing so. Turning the situation into a #-flinging battle won’t end well for either of us, so I would prefer all parties keep this civil.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

We say this because its already been shared. The key to the files will become some little power trip for who ever has it and it WILL be shared just by it even existing. This always happens.

WHAT is the purpose of this information? What can this help to do? Do you not see that it is inappropriate from the get go to some? It doesnt matter if the say its safe. It was safer where it was before it was SHARED.

Its just a matter of time until the key is released and peoples information starts to get out. Hell, the people who did the hack could lose control of this to more sinister forces and peoples information could be lost.

Its like taking my stuff and then giving it to someone in a safe. Its no less stealing.

Whats next, is he going to try and bargain /blackmail by threatening individual cops with releasing their info?

edit on 1 30 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I really do not know what the intentions are beyond what the hacker has stated and it seems that there are some secrets that perhaps may not bode so well for certain LEO's.

Again this is the result of an overzealous police force that have gotten away with murder time and time again. It is a commonly stated that the biggest gang in places like Chicago and the new york are the cops themselves.

We have a for profit prison industry in which our entire legal system is compromised. Seems to me that good cops will not be in the realm of being blackmailed as they have nothing to worry about. "If you have nothing to hide" seems appropriate.

The underlying issue here is that the public in general appear to be public enemy #1. When you have a disturbing trend of a police state being built up all around you, this kind of hack was inevitable.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmSaturday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It seems we are behind, one site had the story up a day ago, (friday) another site gives the person's name.

The Guardian story, is dated 29th January, yet if you look at the HTTP link, it is dated 28th January.

Looks perhaps, that the press, or Wikileaks were prepped. The hacker's own site is also dated 28th.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This should be amusing. Can't wait to see what's in there. It would be fine to see FOP fall to a RICO suit, but as always, anything to do with cops will end up stalled until everyone forgets about it and then swept under the rug.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
This should be amusing. Can't wait to see what's in there. It would be fine to see FOP fall to a RICO suit, but as always, anything to do with cops will end up stalled until everyone forgets about it and then swept under the rug.

Exactly why this kind of an extreme situation had to come about in the first place!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Seems somewhat ironic that we can claim the line "if your innocent you don't need to worry about it."

I agree with the opinion that this is a consequence of a corrupt system. Some people can't or won't just lie down, some will fight it. I mean fighting the police is stupid (fisticuffs) but this? It's the only way they can be exposed because let's face it, the government isn't gonna do it are they.?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: spirit_horse

On March 14, 2013, The Florida Times-Union reported that the Jacksonville Fraternal Order of Police Foundation Inc. removed Nelson Cuba as its president "two days after Cuba was arrested as part of a $300 million racketeering and money laundering scheme" in relation to another nonprofit, Allied Veterans of the World.

The article notes that the "foundation received charitable donations from Allied Veterans of the World, the organization at the crux of the racketeering scheme. It was listed as one of two operators of a gaming center on Florida 200 in Yulee on a federal application for a search warrant." And the article says that the "foundation board also authorized an internal investigation of all spending." For more information, please see the Florida Times-Union article and our Donor Advisory for Allied Veterans of the World Inc. and Affiliates.

On January 6, 2015, the Jacksonville News reported that Nelson Cuba "was taking a plea deal that concluded his Allied Veterans of the World criminal case." According to the article, Cuba will get "one year of house arrest, four years' probation and no prison time. He also agreed to donate $45,000 to the Homeless Services Network of Central Florida, an organization that helps homeless veterans. He is guilty of one count each of the manufacture, sale or possession of illegal slot machines, operating an illegal lottery and illegally structuring a monetary transaction. The first is a second-degree misdemeanor and the other two are third-degree felonies. All other charges against Cuba were dismissed." For more information, please see the Jacksonville News article.

Source

This is the exact kind of thing that I hope gets exposed and hopefully a whole lot of it!

The level of corruption that exists within the circles of those who are supposed to be protectors of the innocent is staggering.

How is he getting a year of house arrest and 4 years probation!? It must be nice to have racketeering/money laundering charges simply dismissed!

I bet you a million dollars he is a Mason....as in Freemason.......that's why he got off so light.
edit on 31-1-2016 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Reading about any juicy info found in those files is one thing......being caught with any of it downloaded to your computer is a whole other ballgame. I would not go near that stuff.....

If some savvy hacker happens to run across any relevant files related to the city of Chicago feel free to post the info or better yet forward it to the current investigators who are on the ground in Chicago now.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SMOKINGGUN2012

I bet you a million dollars he is a Mason....as in Freemason.......that's why he got off so light.

Well, I'm not sure about how things work in the US vis-à-vis the law and masonry, but it was quite something of a scandal here regarding most senior officers downwards in the Metropolitan police (London) not so long ago.
Quite understandable where there are people in a secret society running things, when the ethos is not known, or indeed could be detrimental to others outside of Masonry.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In the words of Professor Carl Sagan
Imagine if you will....
A hacker comes up with an idea as this knowing potentially 100s of thousands of people will download. Now imagine it does show a pdf file format. But....that unseen extra exe , bat extension is embedded in the document. Now a person opens it turning their device into a bot or laying a keylogger , etc. into the OS of the device. If it sounds too good to be true.......
I am sitting this one out for a while.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well thats one way to improve your transparancy..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join