It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Military Architecture in Egypt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sorry if this already has existing threads.

These buildings do not look like they belong where they are - For example at the home base there are buildings that could be seen as radar related - but they have doors that must be around 100 feet high.

I do not have much experience in Military nor Google Earth, so if anyone can lend a hand it would be appreciated. So far the only responses else-ware that seek to add info to what I have found are smug and mocking.

30°01'13.2"N 31°43'14.5"E

Just to the north/northeast of the horseshoe crab looking buildings there seems to be more traditional buildings and something that looks like dusty football fields.

30.034127, 31.736816

Then I followed a dusty but straight road west and found what looks like statues, but hard to tell at the altitude we are given. @ 30.045000, 31.661420

was going to take a screen of the 'statues', but found the home base first ; )

30.044153, 31.845435

zoomed in and that big rectangle is interesting

30.038311, 31.837031

I cannot think of a reason for such huge doors - airplanes do have tall tails, but they also have wide wings...

And it looks like they made roads to drive over the tops of the buildings for lulz or something?

30.047926, 31.856644

Went cruising farther east and found some buried horseshoes

but I lost the coords : (

Here are some more horseshoes, with a few tridents if you look close

Closer to the base it looks like a buried building and more token horseshoes

30.058166, 31.863006

There are some attempts to explain it as a missile base on reddit, but they are very weak IMO

www.reddit.com...

They show the blueprint of a Russian SAM base, and then an arial photo of the Egypt base during construction.

here is the blueprint:

here is the 'construction' image:

Odd construction site!, no equipment, no material, and has a more 'cartoonish' look than the Google Maps images.

Any feedback or help from those more experienced in this field?
edit on 1 26 2016 by eyeore because: fixing pics

edit on 1 26 2016 by eyeore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The horse shoes at a guess are for tanks ?

Probably from the Sinai war ?
edit on 26/1/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well the earth workings are defensive, as shown by the airfield photo. The odd buildings are (I guess) reinforced facilities.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looks to me like military training areas.

Could be explosives storage bunkers, rifle ranges ordnance testing and training ranges.

Just my guess though.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cool find none the less

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I would not be amazed if these turned out to be military, most of the time i find they don't belong anywhere.
edit on 26-1-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The second picture is definitely rifle ranges. You can see the different ranged firing points.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The roads leading up to the roof look like access routes for vehicles. There appears to be some kind of antenna in the middle and it would make sense to have vehicle access for moving equipment and servicing it etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
on Flash Earth - there's some interesting stuff at those locations.

also there's other stuff at 24 40 North, 55 4 East - and east of that there's a newish road, with a road blockage of some sort, and loads of trucks stuck - 24 37 51 North, 55 8 22 East.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eyeore

Some of these have been posted before. Missile silos or something like that

Zaphod58 could tell ya I bet

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Cool looking installation. I'd love to know what the various features are for, just out of curiousity.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The circles arounf the structure looks like they could hold anti-aircraft or surface-to-air emplacements.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pretty sure I read somewhere that pictures 1, 2, etc. were identified as launch facilities. With blast outlets at bottom.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

I would not be amazed if these turned out to be military, most of the time i find they don't belong anywhere.

The fact that Matteo Ianneo has made obvious disinfo vids on these is one of the main reasons I suspect something big is up here.

www.gematrix.org...

In fact on his part 2 vid, the building in the center of the 'silos' is facing a completely different direction than on Google Maps

Thanks for the civil responses everybody.
edit on 1 26 2016 by eyeore because: backward Matteo

edit on 1 26 2016 by eyeore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Some are anti-aircraft gun emplacements (A friend of mine who did several stints for a Telco in the middle east says that he always remembers landing between the rows of anti-aircraft guns) and bunkers but most are for raising equipment such as RADAR and ILS equipment above the dunes.

Due to wind and weather, the dunes roam around and can bury and jam equipment. The easiest solution is to raise the equipment above dune peak height. Then it can be kept clear with a broom.

The 'ramps' are to allow easy vehicle access to the platform.

edit on 26/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

30.038311, 31.837031

That's an airfield under construction. The big blue rectangle is the parking area before it's paved over.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It's old Airforce Base Early Warning Radars, Radar Dome, etc.

See below link and hover mouse over locations highlighted.

Katameya International Airport Air Force Base (past) Wikimapia

top topics

join