It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ryan Bundy Just a Mormon Extremist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Krazysh0t

your own post says they were re sentenced on the same charge.....so its double jeopardy....period...

Produce for me evidence of a second trial taking place then you'd have credence to your claim of double jeopardy, but for the THIRD time a resentencing ISN'T double jeopardy.

How can he give credit for time served if its not for the same charge?

It is for the same charge. Where did you get the idea it was for a different charge? Again no second trial has taken place.

please tell me again how I dont know what im talking about

Because you haven't produced evidence of a second trial taking place.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
That sounds like a protest.

Except for the "illegal" part...

First one, they haven't done anything. For another, the 2nd amendment exists to keep tyrannical government in check. Do you think the founders were terrorists?

Yes, they HAVE done something. What part of illegally occupying federal land do you not get? That IS doing something. It is illegal and it doesn't fall within acceptable protesting rights.

As to your red herring about the 2nd and the founders, the founders were many things. Some were terrorists, but eventually they formed a standing army and then declared themselves a country of their own. The situation is complicated, but basically yes, some of the founding fathers would be considered terrorists. Especially if they engaged in militia actions towards the beginning of the Revolutionary War. I know you are going to suggest I'm unamerican for saying something like this, but I'm speaking matter of factually.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I cannot support Bundy.

This type of protest will never work.

He should run for office if he wants to be a criminal.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Produce for me evidence of a second trial taking place then you'd have credence to your claim of double jeopardy, but for the THIRD time a resentencing ISN'T double jeopardy.

It is if they have already been convicted and served the term of their charge

It is for the same charge. Where did you get the idea it was for a different charge? Again no second trial has taken place.

Where did i say it was a different charge?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
It is if they have already been convicted and served the term of their charge

According to which laws/statutes exactly?

Where did i say it was a different charge?

Here's your words:
"How can he give credit for time served if its not for the same charge?"
edit on 5-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
"We're gonna put a stop to government tyranny!

... By taking over a bird sanctuary."

It's called a symbolic protest.

Just like how burning down residential buildings in inner cities is "symbolic," to generational poverty, institutionalized racism, and police profiling/abuse?

Believe me, read my posts - I have no love for the tyranny-for-morons playbook our Congress and many parts of government use, partisan-politics, privatized banking cartels, we don't live in anything close to a "free," nation.

But how exactly is this combatting any serious issues or chasms that divide our nation? This is a symbolic, peaceful sit-in protest?

I guess the numerous threats somehow equate to keeping the peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So it's legal to block roadways? It's legal to invade private business and racially harass it's customers? BLM does these things and you all defend them.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So it's legal to block roadways? It's legal to invade private business and racially harass it's customers? BLM does these things and you all defend them.

Post a single post from me where I defended BLM. If you cannot then don't lump me into that group just because you perceive me as liberal. That is lazy arguing.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Is Bundy an extremist or is his viewpoint typical of Mormons? Should the government be keeping a watchful eye on temples across the country?

I was Mormon for 5 years. Hey, I try things.

A legitimate Mormon is very patriotic.

They also strongly teach following law.

IMO - Bundy's behavior is against Mormon teachings.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

ISIS is a bunch of muslims who happen to be terrorists. The idiots in Oregon are a bunch of mormons who happen to be terrorists. Easy.

YES!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Phage I really enjoy each and everyone of your posts, you do have an intellegent mind on your shoulders, but I think the motive of this post may be a bit, ehm I don't know, personal? If not feel free to correct me.

I think being a Mormon and a rancher have a little bit to do with what's going on here, but I also think there's a much bigger picture. What's happening to us Americans everyday? What's happening to the document that was responsible for our countries origin? What's happening to patriotism? Do any of us really love this country enough to sacrafice our own well being for the principles it was built on? Probably not... But these men like Ryan Bundy are the spark to the revolution that we sort of need now, and most certainly will need later. Do you really think one day the government will finally say we no longer need to enslave our people to things like the war on drugs and the patriot act? Do you think they will ever give up the amount of power they have right now, which is more than ever? When is enough going to be enough? When will we finally take back our beautiful country and do away with all of this rich and twisted leadership?

The time isn't right now because what's going isn't hitting home for 98% of our population here, but when it does, I'm certain something similar to what Ryan Bundy is doing will happen. But it won't be a 'mormon' militia, it will be an American malitia!

-DuR

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I wouldn't call Bundy aTerrorist that could change if violence ensues, but it hasn't so the term doesn't qualify.

Radical, extremist now those terms fit IMO.

The person he compares himself to rebelled against the government and as one of the listed reasons was to instal their own form of government. Being a religious figure, it was probably theocratic. Sounds too much like Sharia which I consider radical and extreme.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I wouldn't call Bundy aTerrorist that could change if violence ensues, but it hasn't so the term doesn't qualify.

Radical, extremist now those terms fit IMO.

That's a good point.

I do see the difference.

(post by vahrez removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think it's just his views as a Mormon, it should be looked at for a second then shrugged off....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join