It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man Shot With Nail Gun Arrested at ER

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
*shakes head*

This man is probably home by now and the judge dismissed all charges in court, at the most he'll pay a small fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Grady, Grady sometimes your patriotism borders in fanaticism, calling members to leave the US or asking them to a fight on U2Us does not make you more man or more patriot than somebody that does not agree with your views and the government views.

You have another one here just like you Grady meet Centurion.

You two probably belong on the same club.

By the way Dg, I agree with you the man is probably at home and all the big fuss forgotten.

Unless he was taken to Guantanamo

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I didn't ask anyone to fight, but if anyone would prefer that I say anything that I have posted to his face, we can make arrangements.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I didn't ask anyone to fight, but if anyone would prefer that I say anything that I have posted to his face, we can make arrangements.

Grady we all Americans and we all patriots, we all love our great nation the difference in opinions comes with the political views, that is why we resent so much at each other.

Nobody is going to fight anybody, I know you are a patriot in you own believes and I consider myself a patriot too, is not need for fight.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
it could be

Nothing surprises me with this Patriot Act stuff. Seems that most things are punishible now this way.

Its George Orwells 1984

df1

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

When you tell someone to leave the country, those are fighting words in my neck of the woods. So IMHO you did in fact ask for a fight. I look forward to visiting with you, though I can assure you that our visit will be extemely brief. Would you like to get together inside or outside country?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Love and kisses.
df1

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Gazrok, was it not mention that he did stop?

Yep, as I said, but he was still stupid to stop.

He basically had two decent choices...

1. Stop and explain, and hope the officer would help him out.
or
2. Keep on driving and explain it in the ER.

Option 3, stop, then get back in and keep going, obviously raised all kinds of flags for the police officer, most likely thinking he was now chasing someone who had a warrant, so when it was all over, he was pissed and then charged the man.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ya know this thread brings to mind that in America the cops arrest first (always handcuffs too) then ask questions. This is not freedom, its abuse imo, it wouldnt happen here. Is this because you all carry guns? Understandable in that case, but there you have it, you give up freedom for security (the right to bare arms) and deserve neither in the words of some famous dude! Americans may well consider it the best, greatest, land of freedom and liberty bla bla bla, but imo, its an illusion. Im damn lucky to be an Australian, and I beleive this is the best country on the globe to live in! We have real freedom born of common sense! A cop pulls you over here he/she calls your Sir and damn well means it, shows respect and dosent order you about or toss you up against your car and cuff you, before saying hello! Any cop here would have driven the guy to hospital after administering first aid. I love Australia, I wouldnt live in Grady philpotts America if I was paid by the hour!

[edit on 053131p://00015 by instar]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Instar, it's not Grady's America, he in no way represents our views, he is an extreme right-winger, just as there are extreme left-wingers. I'm sure there are extremes in Australia too. As for the police, they are a bit edgy here and they tend to compensate by trying to be hard@sses, but I kinda see where they're coming from, we do have alot of gun violence in this country with gangs, drug dealers, illegal immigrant smugglers and such, if I was a cop I'd be punchy too. Not that it gives them the right to mistreat us, but I guess they're only human. America is a violent place, just look at how quickly this thread went from a dude with a nail in his leg, to a duel at high noon between Grady and df1.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
LMAO 27jd how right you are mate! The Grady ref was aimed directly at him, not America or Americans in general.

America is a violent place
exactly, so much more why I love Australia, you have to lock the door but you can walk the streets without any fear of being shot (for the most part, its very rare) Peace!

[edit on 053131p://48015 by instar]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Looking at this from both sides I see the following:

Cop - Hasn't got a clue what he is dealing with under the circumstances. An erratic driver who finally stops, but gets out of the vehicle rather than waiting the few seconds for the officer to get to his car. This is a potentially life threatening situation for an officer and at that point the first order of business was to get him back in the car. Additionally, the man driving erratically, was able to leave the vehicle? Then the injury to the leg probably didn't warrant the rush back to the road that occurred and the man should have explained to the officer (though this could be argued by an adrenaline rush that would keep him mobile under the circumstances).

Man - In shock, not acting rationally and not knowing how bad his injury is in a panic. Regardless of the officers point that nothing warrants any motorist driving like an emergency vehicle (because other lives could now be at stake), no amount of law enforcement setting an example will prevent this type of behavior in a situation like this. We are human beings and we tend to be erratic in periods of severe stress.

Final outcome? Hopefully, the charges against the man will be dismissed once properly considered under all the circumstances that impacted the situation. However, the officer was doing his job to protect the welfare of the rest of us and you can't fault him for that.

Us - get over it. This is neither a reflection of law enforcement/police state nor a reflection of the behavior of what most individuals would have necessarily done under similar circumstances. It is an incident, it happened, you can debate it to death, but it does not warrant the level of national "incident" that is going on in this thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
exactly, so much more why I love Australia, you have to lock the door but you can walk the streets without any fear of being shot (for the most part, its very rare) Peace!

I'll bet Australia is a cool place to live, it seems real laid back. One day I would like to visit there, I promise I'll leave my guns at home.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by instar

I'll bet Australia is a cool place to live, it seems real laid back. One day I would like to visit there, I promise I'll leave my guns at home.

Hey, c'mon over, I'll throw another shrimp on the barby!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I will, as soon as I can. And I live in Arizona so I'm already used to poisonous reptiles and spiders!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I find it ironic that Grady doesn't like to be told what to do, but is more than happy in telling others what to do!

GradyPhilpot
If America isn't good enough for you, get the hell out.

GradyPhilpot
Better yet, speak with your MD about psychotropic medication and psychotherapy

On topic though.... i think the cop was fair to arrest him. Would have happened here as well. The guy would have got his treatment for his wound, and then got a telling off for driving like a womble... I doubt nothing more would have happened to him.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
her boyfriend and brother got to the hospital downtown before the life flight, and didnt speed. I say this guy made as good a choice as a non medical professional could have.

I bet the car or bike her boyfriend and brother were travelling in didn't have any medical equpiment for emergencies, say she went shock suddenly, god forbid, what would her boyfriend and brother done then? The helicopters save trained staff in them and have equipment, which may very well have saved her life if she got into trouble on the way.

What would her boyfriend and brother done if the car/bike got a busted tire or got held up in traffic?

Surf

top topics

<< 1   >>

join