It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Greed inherintly bad, good, or both

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: UKTruth

Expression of love in the form of sex... I'd say that's just lust. Unless it goes further than just just sex. The oxford definition is an AND thing. And for something to be properly affection I'd say some form of caring about the person is necessary.

Two people mutually choosing to rut on equal terms for mutual pleasure where both understand the expectations is perfectly healthy so long as proper precautions are taken.

Two people mutually choosing to rut on what one thinks is equal terms for reasons which are ultimately lies for the purpose of one person using them for sexual pleasure taking advantage of what the other thinks is an emotional meaningful connection. Is, however, not.

There's a difference between someone having lots of sex for selfish pleasure and are willing to lie and mislead to get it, and a person who has lots of sex for sexual pleasure with willing partners who fully understand what one is getting into and wants the same. One who's goal is to please their partner as well as themselves.

One is selfish, harmful and greedy, the other is simply sharing.

Wanting to rut with a person without caring about their feelings or desire is not affection.

These are just views about love though that not everyone would share. There are many many different types of relationships between two or more individuals that would claim a loving relationship. What about a man with 50 wives? He may love them all and they may all love him. I would certainly call him greedy, at least in my definition. I just don't think you can take your view and make it a standard for everyone, though I do respect your personal view and can see why from your persepctive greed and love could never co-exist.

But this is all probably way off topic now.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join