It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Ayn Rand Christmas Cards

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FyreByrd

I repeat:

You think Ayn Rand was a hateful old goat? Well, she was the product of the old, compassionate Soviet forced system that made her.

But go ahead and continue to try to compel people into what you think is compassion. You will only poison more wells like you Ayn that way.

Ayn Rand was a complete contradiction. She may well have been a product of the Cold War zeitgeist, but her 'truisms' and policy inclinations haven't held up well against the scrutiny of history, and the outcomes borne of her 'philosophy' have proven a net negative for society as a whole.

Sidebar: You may be interested in T Boone Pickens plan to 'resurrect' the broken presidential nomination/selection process.

Indeed, the only good thing to come from that woman, was her influence on one of my favourite games, Bioshock.
edit on VpmThursday00pm1231 by valiant because: wrong bloody quote

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: olaru12
Ayn Rand was the perfect conservatives' example of do as I say, not do as i do....

Rail against the system but take every advantage of it when you need it. And don't take personal responsibility...ugly old hypocrite!!

What a great role model eh? Go Galt....

www.cracked.com...

Do you really want to bring up "take advantage of it when you need it" and "don't take personal responsibility"?

Are you sure you are not a Conservative?

I'm a capitalist business man entrepreneur and I take every advantage afforded me under the law. I support the 2nd, approve of capital punishment and a few other conservative one button issues but I'm not a conservative or liberal....radical might be a better description of where I fall on the political spectrum. Peace, Love and FREEDOM. And leave me the **** alone.!

Rand didn't want freedom....she wanted a corporate oligarchy. I find it very odd that so many Christian Conservatives idolize Ayn the atheist.

I have to agree with everything you said except you had to bring in "Christian Conservatives". I find political zealots just as disturbing to freedom as religious zealots! But you do realize that all the anti capitalism talk should actually be "Crony Capitalism"? If you are a radical then so am I. The whole damn bunch we got in DC need thrown out and put behind bars!

Corruption is corruption! Lies are lies!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Lysergic

Lysergic: She actually made these or someone just put her quotes to images they found?

BuzzyWigs: Here's what it says at the end of the article:

*The representative from the Ayn Rand Archives called me a looter and screamed something unintelligible so some Christmas cards may be fictionalized representations of actual Ayn Rand Christmas cards.

So, I have no idea. Still, I think it struck not a few nerves. Just thought it was interesting.

I don't have it in front of me; but one year took the image of Pregnant Mary riding a donkey (Joseph leading it) turned it into a Christmas card captioned it; "Hey Joseph; someones been messing around with your wife".
edit on 24-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

the only good thing to come from that woman, was her influence on one of my favourite

the one good thing that came from that woman was her influence on the Band that made my all time favorite album.

Peart credits "the genius of Ayn Rand" in the liner notes. Rand, a Russian-born, Jewish-American novelist and creator of the philosophy of Objectivism, wrote a novella titled Anthem, the plot of which bears several similarities to "2112"; he added the credit to avoid any legal action from Rand. This credit caused the band significant negative publicity, with some even labeling them right-wing extremists. The British musical paper NME even made allusions to Nazism, which particularly offended lead singer and bassist Geddy Lee, whose parents were Holocaust survivors.[4]
Rush 2112

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I repeat:

You think Ayn Rand was a hateful old goat? Well, she was the product of the old, compassionate Soviet forced system that made her.

But go ahead and continue to try to compel people into what you think is compassion. You will only poison more wells like you Ayn that way.

No - she was the product of a pampered aristocracy. She was a bitter women that couldn't function in the real world.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

She was controlled opposition.

Might have backfired, but she got rich in the meantime.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Amazing how an atheist had such an impact on American thought

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Amazing how an atheist had such an impact on American thought

Those of the impressionable idealistic years of 17 to 19 years old 'objective thought' has some steam (Atlas Shrugged/ great romance novel); but not enough philosophy to explain why obtaining a job after graduation at 21 from University in a free society is so difficult (no jobs available). All the manufacturing that formerly existed here are hiding in Mexico and China with John Galt.
edit on 25-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing America is still a land of opportunity. My best friend who is a manager to a few bands and music artists is always out there for business and tours and loves the "can do" attitude.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I like the idea of obtaining a bank loan and opening a boutique business whether made of sound, light; those addressing the other senses or material goods.
edit on 27-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join