It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and the bazillions of other earths out there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How do the religious leaders of the world reconcile their spiritual beliefs and the fact that there are many other worlds in the trillions of solar systems in the Universe----similar to ours?

It�s common sense (or should be) that life exists all over the universe.

Therefore, do Christians believe that each planet had to have a Jesus die for their sins? A Mohammed for the Moslems in the trillions of planets that are out there. A God of Israel----God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and multitudes more patriarchs across the galaxies?

I believe in a higher power and life without end but it seems to me that the three major religions and the others would have problems holding up once the people realized that the world is not flat and that earth is only one in a bazillion with life like ours.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You need to change your name to "awake" now!

Old systems fall apart when you take into account our new knowledge and awareness. The only religion that even touches on the mulitplicity of worlds is the MORMONS.

Believe it or not, Joseph Smith received revelations about the COLONIZATION OF NEW WORLDS by the practise of polygamy and the "Celestial Marriage." He was WAY ahead of his time, but then again, I believe he was receiving his revelations from truly heavenly sources.

Search the web for "Celestial marriage" and you will find out about it.

It is a fact that life existed on Mars. It is also a fact that some of these species were identical to the ones living on eath at the same time, and even today. Something moved these life forms here. Some intelligence beyond our comprehension.

Christ incarnated on this earth to recover our spirits back into the universal realm of the True God. That faith is perfectly compatible with the formation of new worlds, other star systems, and space travel. Only small minded men and women are not. Those folks who currently populate Christian religions are nothing like their predecessors, and are hopelessly ignorant of the universe. Follow them to your peril.

Sometimes it is healthy to break with the past. We have barely begun our civilization, and we have a long ways to go. We are "stuck" on these archaic, corrupted religions invented by inferior men. They don't resemble the sages and prophets that they claim to praise, and are intellectually bankrupt. Even Mormonism is showing its age, and does not have any real power in its elders. Unless, of course, you consider punitive spiritual abuse to be Godly.

On to the stars, mankind, that's where our Father prepared our inheritance. The world will be left to the little things, let us consider great things.

Arkaleus

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Arkaleus]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus

Christ incarnated on this earth to recover our spirits back into the universal realm of the True God. That faith is perfectly compatible with the formation of new worlds, other star systems, and space travel. Only small minded men and women are not. Those folks who currently populate Christian religions are nothing like their predecessors, and are hopelessly ignorant of the universe. Follow them to your peril.

You say Christ incarnated on this world----what about the other worlds?

Was there a crucifixion done on each of the billions of planets out there?

If so wouldn�t that make Jesus a masochist?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That is an intruiging question, and to answer it is to merely speculate.

I don't believe that Christ is necessarily the same as Jesus. Christ is a Spirit, just like God is a Spirit, and can appear in any form. Other worlds would probably endure the same kind of evolution and growth as we do, since intelligence stems from the same source - God.

God would express through whatever means needed to help preserve and strengthenthe sacred process of intellectual evolution and spiritual progression that would exist on other worlds. The scenarios and names might be different, but I believe the motivations would be the same.

The name "Jesus" would be meaningless on other worlds, but it is likely his philosophies and works would be universally recognizsed as holy and good. We simply are not a mature enough species to study this, but I would expect us to eventually arrive at this knowledge.

Perhaps it would be easier for us to imagine a far future time, when mankind has himself colonied many stars systems, and other civilizations would find themselves receiving their own savior figures. The spirit would be the same, but in another form. I touch this topic here: www.belowtopsecret.com...

It is silly to worship the "man" Jesus, just as it is silly to make a man out of God. Christ and God are not human beings. They exist beyond flesh, and form is secondary to intelligence.

Also, I don't believe that Christ's avatar is killed every time he appears. My post addresses this. Christ the Civilizer has appeared many times in history, under different names, and it was only the Hebrews who were successful in their murder. Other forces tried to kill or harm the other Avatars, but I don't recall any that were successful.

Other worlds would probably have similar stories, since envy and evil takes the same form no matter where it occurs. These are cosmic forces, and would be like any other universal force in its similarity. That's the "Sameness Principal."

Arkaleus

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Arkaleus]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't believe Christ existed as a real person, but for those who do believe why was his teachings so ineffective?

If Jesus was God incarnate----the creator of the universe, one would think that he was able to understand and get into more effectively the mind of man----his creation.

God is all knowing----why then doesn�t he know man?

Judaism, Christianity and Islam----all creations of God for the benefit of man---are not beacons of light on this earth-----but quite the contrary.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
yes, did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe. God isnt real, or atleast the christian portrayed god? Jesus is real, he was a real man, just as real as julier caesar its just to discuss if jesus was acturally the son of a greater power of not, as the bible claims.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
yes, did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe. God isnt real, or atleast the christian portrayed god? Jesus is real, he was a real man, just as real as julier caesar its just to discuss if jesus was acturally the son of a greater power of not, as the bible claims.

I have no allusions that the god of Christianity, Judaism, or Islam, is real.

But I also have no allusions of the nonsense that we accidentally just happened.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there are bazillions of planets like this one populated with people like us all over the place (universe).

If humans just "happened" by some cosmic coincident----it would be unlikely that it would just "happen" bazillions of times.

Whatever humans are-----coming from apes is not even in the ball park of reality.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Quite right! We weren't accidental. If you really want a insight on how things have been arranged on earth in very remote times, check out the fossils on Mars.

www.xenotechresearch.com...

If you really want to see something cool, check out the SQUID FOSSIL that Pathfinder inadvertedly photographed while checking out some rocks.

The question is: How did these life forms get on earth? Sea life has always been so alien, perhaps because it really IS alien. Some intelligent and powerful race must have transplanted martian life onto earth before the catastrophic destruction of the planet's ecosystem.

That was probably when the tinkering with primates was begun. Sound like Science fiction? It's the best kind. Maybe there is truth to it, and maybe in some distant future we will catch up with our progentors or other races that have come from that epoch of creation and manipulation.

As for Christ and Religion, I think you guys just don't like religion. That's fine. But try to be more positive, maybe you should give your theories instead of moaning about those less enlightened and adventurous than yourselves. Most people don't understand these things, they want everything to come from a book or a prayer, and they really don't want to understand things.

People are free to do so, they only live a 100 years or so. Why make it hard for them?

Arky

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Quite right! We weren't accidental. If you really want a insight on how things have been arranged on earth in very remote times, check out the fossils on Mars.

Lots of good stuff on that site!

You say people only live 100 years or so-----I believe we never die----only change spaces.

Mod Edit: to reduce the quote length.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Change spaces? Well, I guess that is one way of putting it.

I happen to believe that not everyone ends up the same way. There is no generic heaven or afterlife that everyone falls into. Our natures and spirits vary from person to person and are not bound to others dissimilar to themselves.

What is your view of the human soul, and the afterlife? Tell me a little of your belief system so I can understand.

Arky

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Change spaces? Well, I guess that is one way of putting it.

What is your view of the human soul, and the afterlife? Tell me a little of your belief system so I can understand.

Arky

The soul is who we are; the body is a vehicle.

The soul is immortal----it travels forever----stopping now and then as in this life.

Existence is like an Easter egg hunt.

I don't belong to any religious organization or ideology.

No one even the leaders in this world are here to change anything----they are like everyone else----looking to fill their baskets with Easter eggs (life experiences).

This planet like all planets are playgrounds----the inhabitants like children----curious----playful----hateful----loving----the whole spectrum.

Some people are aware of this-----most are too busy in the playground to know what is going on-----as it should be.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Expand your worldview.

There are many types of intelligences and agencies that exist on this world. Not everyone is motivated by animal instinct. We don't all seek the same forms of life.

I am no longer on the earth seeking experiences. I have filled myself with human interaction, and have moved on. I savor only a certain kind of interaction now, which is the communion of pure and true souls and love. Everything else is just junkfood.

My true purpose now is the improvement of this world's resitance to evil, and to counter the aggression of demonic forces that are invading our world. I refuse to live under a world ruled by these filthy powers, and I seek to destroy them and their systems.

Arkaleus.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
To save the world from evil-----that is the eggs you chose to hunt while in this life.

Evil is an illusion as is much of everything in this world.

Reaching a higher form of being is a fantasy

Acquiring intelligence is a fantasy

Love and goodness is the only real thing-----everything else vanishes when you leave this place.

The only people that can be harmed by anyone are those that let themselves be harmed----but even that is temporary and vanishes with time or death from this earth.

The soul cannot be injured or killed-----ever----so evil has no lasting power on anyone.

The soul is perfect----it can�t be improved on by us.

So what is the point of life? Whatever you want it to be.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Your philosophy is worth analysis.

"Evil is an illusion."

Evil is the corruption of mind and body. Evil is the departure from good, which is all that really, truly exists. In this sense, evil IS an illusion, because it can only exist in certain conditions. If those conditions do not occur, evil vanishes. Evil is parasitic in nature and requires the existence of Good, because it is sterile and cannot exist in itself. In effect, its emergence is its destruction.

Good, however, is greater than the universe itself and cannot be properly called illusory or subjective. It is the stuff from which matter gains its activity. Good is the primal motivation for everything that is. The Good is what grants light to the mind, health to the body, and increase to the material world.

"Reaching a higher form of being is a fantasy."

By this reasoning, a person would remain the same from birth. This is, of course, not true. The excellent mind is not the same as the corrupted mind, and the evil man is not the equal to the perfect man. There must have been a progression of states for both of these people, for they became something else, one becoming perfect, and the other foul and filled with death.

It is the same with a seed, it becomes a higher form of matter, it grows and its branches build a home for birds and grants fruits good to eat. The full tree is more excellent than the seed!

It seems to me like you have never known or experienced a higher form of life than your own immediate experience. Your limited experience is all that you have displayed here. I encourage you to research ancient scripture more before you rely upon your own short lifespan to make such bold declarations.

"Acquiring intelligence is a fantasy."

I am not sure what you mean here. Do you imply that gaining wisdom is vain and impossible? That is not a wise saying, and I am not sure how to counter it and achieve any virtue.

"Love and goodness is the only real thing-----everything else vanishes when you leave this place."

I would add Truth, Gnosis, and Being to this list. If you have these five traits, then I encourage you to also be Loyal and True, and then I will love you.

"The only people that can be harmed by anyone are those that let themselves be harmed----but even that is temporary and vanishes with time or death from this earth."

It is true, evil is only temporary, but it is troublesome nonetheless. I would that evil be altogether removed from this world. It is the same with rats, thieves, and disease.

"The soul cannot be injured or killed-----ever----so evil has no lasting power on anyone."

That is something no one has mentioned here before. A great point! The soul can suffer harm, but not by external means. A person can corrupt himself by desire or spiritual wickedness. That diminishes the quality and quantity of "soul" power he has. A person who regularly abuses his nature with evil becomes wraithlike and foul to everyone who observes him. His nature becomes like oil, and can disrupt others nearby and can dirty them. That is the concept of getting "dirty" and "washing off the world." I do it every day.

"The soul is perfect----it can�t be improved on by us."

Nothing is complete in this world, and I don't believe that anything cannot be improved or somehow enhanced. There is no limit to the glory of God, nor any end to the greatness of the Totality.

"So what is the point of life? Whatever you want it to be."

A wise man's excellence is demonstrated by what he brings forth from him. Your words remind me of the concept of free will and volition, which is sacred to me. Life itself is an emanation of something far more ancient than our star, it began LONG ago. If there is a "point" to life, it is to become perfect and filled with understanding. From that comes joy, and love. That is why I say little children are perfect in love and joy, because that is the favorite fruit of the Creator of Life.

I must make the distinction between Mind and Body. Mind is something that is more ancient than our material world, and began long ago. I make the point that intelligence did not begin on the earth. It did not evolve from amoeba and monkeys. Our FORMS, on the other hand, are built from the particles at hand. Mind is not a part of the body, and is only a visitor to this world. At least, that was the idea in the beginning. Some minds got stuck in matter and did not progress. Woe to them!

Arkaleus

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If you really want to see something cool, check out the SQUID FOSSIL that Pathfinder inadvertedly photographed while checking out some rocks.

The question is: How did these life forms get on earth? Sea life has always been so alien, perhaps because it really IS alien. Some intelligent and powerful race must have transplanted martian life onto earth before the catastrophic destruction of the planet's ecosystem.

That was probably when the tinkering with primates was begun. Sound like Science fiction? It's the best kind. Maybe there is truth to it, and maybe in some distant future we will catch up with our progentors or other races that have come from that epoch of creation and manipulation.

As for Christ and Religion, I think you guys just don't like religion. That's fine. But try to be more positive, maybe you should give your theories instead of moaning about those less enlightened and adventurous than yourselves. Most people don't understand these things, they want everything to come from a book or a prayer, and they really don't want to understand things.

People are free to do so, they only live a 100 years or so. Why make it hard for them?

Arky

its natural selection. its just because those animals in the given enviornment survive better than all the others that dont exsist(underwater)

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

It�s common sense (or should be) that life exists all over the universe.

Therefore, do Christians believe that each planet had to have a Jesus die for their sins?

All of creation was subjected to sin after the fall. Christ died for all mankinds sin.

Hebrews 1:2 says (GOd) hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; this could be talking about other worlds with life.

There is another verse in Psalm 115 verse 16 that says The heaven, even the heavens are the Lord's; but the earth hath he given to the children of men. This seems to indicate that man currently is restricted to the earth.

The other life we know of consists of the eternal God and angels(those that remained faithful and those that fell).

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Dbrant:

Does your interpretation provide for any change in this earthbound status? Does your interpretation consider the existence of life on Mars, or the existence of other intelligent races in the Universe?

How complete is your doctrine? Is the electric light greater than Christ's? Give a true answer.

Arkaleus

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Arkaleus]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
sleeper: One thing I don't understand is this; Who determines what constitutes as love or goodness? One man's goodness may involve the sacrifice of another man's piece of mind. The problem is that it is all relative to the situation, and there may not be a clearly drawn line of what is right and what is wrong (if only life were that easy).

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Whatever humans are-----coming from apes is not even in the ball park of reality.

Oh yes it is, and we didn't descent from apes either.

top topics

join