It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like being libertarian and being surrounded by neo-cons and leftists?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'll never be a republican.

Ah...absolutes, the path to one party or the other...good young padawan!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't believe in parties per say. We have to progressively transition away from authoritarianism. Rome was not built in a day. I support the libertarians and their party but I don't believe that is the answer in the long run.

We have to transition away from political parties.That takes time and effort. At the time being the libertarians are the closest to that ideal.

Not the authoritarian left or the authoritarian right.
edit on 22-12-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 22-12-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

That won't ever happen. It's human nature to group together and form "teams".

Political parties are almost identical to sports teams. Look at how rabid the fans for sports teams are, and then compare them to members of any given political party. Both groups believe their party/team can do no wrong, and would follow them fanatically to the gates of hell and back.

Hell, the Republicans and Democrats ought to make uniforms and jerseys.

You know, I ought to do that and sell them as a sarcastic joke, pretending to be wholey honest and sincere...just to see how many people actually want a Democrat or Republican "uniform" to wear.

I'd probably get rich and very depressed at the same time.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

That won't ever happen. It's human nature to group together and form "teams".

Eventually it will happen.What is more efficient, A party of people or a supercluster of hyper-advanced AI's that is programmed to run the processes of government?

Political parties are almost identical to sports teams. Look at how rabid the fans for sports teams are, and then compare them to members of any given political party. Both groups believe their party/team can do no wrong, and would follow them fanatically to the gates of hell and back.

Again they will go extinct like empires and most monarchs. Machine AI's are better at running a government than people.

Hell, the Republicans and Democrats ought to make uniforms and jerseys.

"yeah red and blue authoritarian teams. Only difference is that one is red and the other is blue. "

You know, I ought to do that and sell them as a sarcastic joke, pretending to be wholey honest and sincere...just to see how many people actually want a Democrat or Republican "uniform" to wear.

I'd probably get rich and very depressed at the same time.

Our political parties are like fraud football teams. The paytriots and stealers...lol

Do the democrats deflate balls?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join