It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game for privacy is gone, mass surveillance is here to stay – Assange on #RT10 panel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

I agree, it's not just 1984 but also Brave New World.Pacifying the masses with goodies.

Well, actually, they're doing a pretty poor job of it. It's just that it doesn't matter because of human nature. Young people (especially) are not hard to indoctrinate when they were born into this mess and haven't ever known anything else.

I'd say they're doing a fantastic job. I'm only 32 and feel ancient.The stupidity of youth today is staggering compared to when I was a kid.
We have a population of students parroting others hard work waiting for a pat on the back and certificate.Not realizing they're being conditioned for a production line.

Yes but what I meant was they don't really have to work that hard at it anymore. You're right that kids are getting dumber and easier to manipulate and it used to be different. But we have to realize this isn't new. They were already working towards this when we were kids. Our generation was seen by our elders the same way that we're seeing this one. I can remember older people in the 80s and 90s watching everything that was going on with disbelief. I thought they were just ignorant old timers but they would tell me things like "Just wait until you get older and you'll see what I mean".

That is the part that gets you. Many of today's young people will eventually see through the BS they bought into in their youth but by the time they do, it'll be too late. They won't be able to stop it from happening to the next generation because kids don't listen to adults. Everything older than 20 is outdated when you're 14.

So really it isn't so much that they're doing such a good job. It's just the natural life cycle of human beings makes young people inherently vulnerable. I mean if you look at the completely vapid mindlessness of pop culture that consumes today's youth it's hard to believe they find it appealing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
It's both. Just depends which side you're on, those in power see it as a blueprint it would seem, those that care not are the plebs and are ignorant of what's going on and then like us we are like the Brotherhood.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
We live in a controlled dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You can have all the privacy you want, but you have to go about your daily lives like a spy that doesn't want to blow his cover

Be the Ball

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
As necessity is the mother of invention, I wonder if groups of people will develop and refine their own private languages. The obscurity of the Navajo language was extremely effective in WWII. It was never "cracked" even though Hitler sent 30 anthropologists to the states before the war to study the Native American languages. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
the date on this thread must be an error.....

this news is from long ago.....and we recognize total peeping...in every way....

did you know Samsung said yes....our TV's are recording audio but don't worry, only third party will have the info....
edit on 12-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
We live in a controlled dictatorship.

But you see, that's just it. It's not really a good idea to use the term "dictatorship" when you're talking to the general public. When they think of "dictatorship" they see a mental image of Nazis parading through the streets and things like blatant gulags and concentration camps.

What we're headed for is something a lot more subtle. A full blown dictatorship is too obvious and causes too much dissent. I think they've figured it out that the best way to have a dictatorship without causing too much of a stink about it is to do it in such a way that that the oppression is hard to describe. Something like peer pressure on steroids.

The reason past dictatorships didn't work out was because they were based on things like racism. A scientific dictatorship would be a lot harder to oppose because even though they shouldn't rightfully have any right to order you around, if they can find a scientific or rational excuse for it, they'll debate you into oblivion if you object.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join