It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans panic-buy guns?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

I tend to agree with your three reasons, but I think you forgot another: Investment.

Many are savvy enough to understand that the minute that there is major chatter about gun control and threat of legislation, if they can buy low (before prices skyrocket) and sell high (before they come back down), that's a good way to make some cash for sure.

But I'm like you, I prefer to have my EDC pistol, a larger pistol, my shotgun, a hunting rifle, and my AR--that's plenty, IMO. Then just build up the ammo for them to make them more than paper weights.

You can only shoot one gun at a time (two for the BAMF's out there).

Jamie and Adam: BAMFs.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: SPECULUM

How do you know I told you everything?

Also if I'm not on a watch list by now, I'm not doing something right.
That you know of?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What's he gonna do when the food runs out? Eat the people that forgot their guns?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

For a SHTF scenario when we need to just shut-in and stay safe, that is definitely the best idea.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I wish I could give you two starts for that post.

One for the input about investment, and one for including a mythbuster's video. I'm gonna miss them.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

This is something I was thinking about today:

Imagine. You are the President of the U.S. You step up to the mike at your podium and speak two words only to the press. Gun control. At lightning speed gun and ammo sales soar and Smith and Wesson's stock price, for example, "shoots" for heaven. Imagine wielding that kind of power. Imagine telling your buddies beforehand you will be speaking those two words on media the next day at such and such a time.

Does Barack own a lot of firearm company stocks?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I didn't panic buy a fire extinguisher.
I don't plan on using it.
I will use it if needed.

My thinking went in that direction also. Guns are a such a part of our cultural fabric. Like if someone said 'no more apple pies or blue jeans" the shelves would empty of apples and denim quickly.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: andy06shake

For a SHTF scenario when we need to just shut-in and stay safe, that is definitely the best idea.

Nope,I`m gonna wander around the desolate burned over landscape with a shopping cart containing all my possesions and 1 can of spaghetti-o`s!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlastedCaddy

HA!
If only...No I only have a few ,it's getting better soon...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Well at least use a Target shopping cart. Those usually don't have a bum wheel like the Wal-Mart ones.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Luckily, it seems the panic is no more.

But...

2) Gun-lovers who have been saving up for a gun realize prices are about to rise because of Type 1 people so they go out and get it now.

is correct. (especially with ammo).

It'll happen again just after Hillary is elected too.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Its essentially just the old economics issue of supply and demand. Firearms are a popular product, obviously. As with any popular product, if the public has an expectation that the future availability of that product may be restricted or eliminated altogether, they will inevitably rush out to get theirs now while they can. Add in to the mix politicians who trip over themselves to push gun restrictions at every available opportunity, and the end result is panic buying.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

This is something I was thinking about today:

Imagine. You are the President of the U.S. You step up to the mike at your podium and speak two words only to the press. Gun control. At lightning speed gun and ammo sales soar and Smith and Wesson's stock price, for example, "shoots" for heaven. Imagine wielding that kind of power. Imagine telling your buddies beforehand you will be speaking those two words on media the next day at such and such a time.

Does Barack own a lot of firearm company stocks?

I am dead serious. Mark my words. There are those in the corrupt government who secretly want the American public to be fully armed (which is really why they keep threatening to mess with the 2nd Amendment with the resulting surge in citizens buying more firearms, especially since 2008) because they might be able to trick the armed public into fighting enemies of their corrupt government at some future date; enemies to them, not enemies to us. Please, just file that away. It may become evident at some point down the road.
edit on 11-12-2015 by tweetie because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join