It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another fabricated claim of racism - This time in a CT Police Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
While it is truly not my intention to s*** up the forum by creating new topics every other day, in my previous two posts I said I cwould call these cases out as I saw them, and I have come across yet another case

We have another fabricated claim of racism

A former cop who claimed that someone left a racist memo on department letterhead in his mailbox at a Connecticut police department earlier this year has admitted to penning the letter himself, authorities say.

Clive Higgins was charged with filing a false report after he claimed he found a letter with the heading "WHITE POWER" across the top of the page on Feb. 9. The letter went on to say "Officer Clive Higgins doesn't belong here in this Police Department" and "These Black Officers belong in the toilet."

It's also worth mentioning, and I am truly shocked that nbc even published this (maybe their editor was asleep on the job?) that, with the spate of Police Brutality cases in recent memory, that Higgins, a Black man (who is supposedly discriminated against) was involved in a Police Brutality case in 2011, was the single police officer to be let off out of the three that were charged.

Also in the article, it is said that a Minority Police Officers union condemned the letter when it was written in earlier this year (I guess this case has been under investigation for quite some time) - Wonder if they are going to be issuing another statement condemning this false report that very well may have affected other Police Officers lives and careers, and as a case of boy who called wolf.

My fellow ATS'ers, for those who still care, be on the lookout for other cases. Though I'm sure their are plenty in the past, in order to as I have said several times, not to s*** up the forum, I will not go back and look for other cases. It seems like I'm going to be having several to choose from anyway, at the rate we are going.

What say you ATS? Introvert? Krazyshot? Sremmons? Antideluvian? would love to hear your attempted justifications for false claims of racism.

As always, keep it civil

EDIT: Mixed up dates, thought I read that letter was written in 2011, re-read, it was written earlier this year

Reading Comprehension and Late Night don't mix
edit on 4-12-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

State police were called in to investigate and reviewed surveillance from the station, which they said showed Higgins typing and printing documents just before going into the room where he said he found the letter, according to the report.

While Higgins said he feared for his life, surveillance footage allegedly showed him smiling and talking when he returned from the room, according to state police.

After investigators presented him with the photographs, Higgins allegedly began rubbing and shaking his head and admitted to typing the letter in the booking room himself and printing it out before calling the Bridgeport Guardians, according to paperwork filed in Superior Court.

Yep, had he not been caught, no one would have been the wiser

He sure as hell had no intention in admitting as such either....good thing for cameras
Dumb azz

Hope they get him for this blatant "racist" lie

That's as bad as that black girl, caught tweeting racist threats against blacks, yet tried to make it sound like they were from white racist rednecks

Kean Twitter threat: I will shoot black students at Kean University

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Speak of the devil and he shall appear

Glad he was caught, no room for nonsense like this. Just takes away any actual case that may happen in the future.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Where does it say some one was caught in what you linked?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Firstly, I think the fact that the article does not at all state that the female student was charged speaks volumes. But besides that, if you look at the picture, it says:

Kayla-Simone McKelvey, 24, of Union was charged by summons with third-degree creating a false public alarm. (LinkedIn)

www.washingtonpost.com...

In a nutshell, a black student created a fake twitter account at the school, posted threatening racist tweets, then returned to the protest claiming 'see, they are threatening us!'

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: chuck258

Speak of the devil and he shall appear

Glad he was caught, no room for nonsense like this. Just takes away any actual case that may happen in the future.

Thank you for admitting that. In honesty, that is all Conservatives like myself ask for, is honesty and uniformity across the board. I had absolutely zero problem calling Dylan Roof a White supremacist Terrorist. We should put one in him and be done with it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Apologies, thought many had heard about this by now

Twitter threats to black Kean students sent by black alum, police say

Two weeks after Kean University was rocked by anonymously tweeted death threats against blacks on campus, school administrators on Dec. 1 brought students and faculty together to start a dialogue on racism, an issue roiling college campuses across the country.

The quickly organized conference - called Conversations on Civility & Acceptance - came the same day that acting Union County Prosecutor Grace Park announced that a black student and a recent graduate was charged with sending out the anonymous tweets.

Kayla-Simone McKelvey, 24, of Union, a former president of the university's Pan-African Student Union, was charged with third-degree creating a public false alarm.

Authorities allege McKelvey was among students in a protest over racial issues on the campus, but left the demonstration, going to a computer in a school library. She is alleged to have created an anonymous Twitter account and sent messages, including one saying, "I will shoot black students at Kean University."

McKelvey then allegedly returned to the protest and spread information about the threats, authorities said.

University president Dawood Farahi opened the Dec. 1 meeting with a statement lauding the diversity of the campus and the demonstrations of the students, but condemning the threats.

Source

The black chic on the other link is the one that got caught doing that

Why??? Dunno....
Guess just to add more drama where none was needed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ETA: There was a thread on it, at first they did not have info on who made the threat
But have to give Vasa Croe credit for calling that shot, down to the phony Twitter act ....he said who probably did it
And was correct!

Kean University On High Alert After Bomb Threats And Direct Threats To Black People thread

And take note of VC reply:

Vasa Croe's spot on comment

edit on 4-12-2015 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join