It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people support Hillary and Trump?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Hillary:
Quite possibly the single most corrupt person to ever run for the Presidency of the United States. You mentioned Benghazi which, in and of itself should disqualify her from running. You also mentioned the server, which ALSO in and of itself should disqualify her.
(By the way, after it was demonstrably shown that Hillary had more than one "device" which already shown that she is a liar, I find it important to state that if she, while using her personal and unsecured server, was Secretary of State and claimed that she NEVER received nor sent "classified" e-mails... that means she just wasn't very good at her job). I know she is a wretched, lying thing, but I would say that I would expect that a Secretary of State would be CONNECTED to her staff and other nation's representatives via e-mail and with "classified" information.

While both of those points are incredibly important, they are only foul balls compared to her overall failures during her time as Secretary of State. As inept as President Obama is on the World Stage (inept is me being kind), it was under Hillary's watch that the Arab Spring was orchestrated. I know the media has selective amnesia about it... but THIS is the result of the Arab Spring? At the time they sold the Arab Spring as the Middle East somehow becoming "modernized" and "playing nice" with the rest of the world. What was the result of that? ISIS? ISIS in Paris (more than once)?

However, for Hillary, you have to look past the headlines of the day to see just how corrupt, just how power hungry she is. Not much was mentioned about it in the major media (surprise, surprise), but during her tenure as Secretary of State she acted as the "middle-man" to facilitate the purchase of Uranium Mines in the United States by Russian companies using a Canadian company as a proxy. Check it out for yourself

On top of all that, Hillary is attempting to use the "War on Women" card. She was married to the biggest pervert (other than possibly JFK) to ever reside in the White House. Yet she showed ZERO sympathy for an intern named Lewinsky. If Lewinsky was just a couple of years younger it would have been statutory rape. But for some reason, that was "ok." Same with Kathleen WIlly.

Trump
What do I say about this guy? I can say that I never, EVER liked the guy. The first time I ever heard his name was when I was at a friends house high school and we were trying to find something to do and my friend took out some board game that was called (I think) "Trump." It had Trump Cards (that's all I remember).

Then a few years ago there was that reality show of his. Ugh. I never watched the show but I live in this world so I saw commercials and video clips and all that. Looked dreadful.

However, there came a point (well before his recent "for real" presidential run) that my world overlapped his.

As I've mentioned in other posts on other threads, I'm a construction project manager and I've worked my way up to bidding on and managing some substantial projects ranging from $12 million to $100 million plus. Being in this business for a while you cross paths with a lot of people. You also start to understand how this world of Development works.

Although I have many issues with the way Trump handles himself, I've noticed that a lot, A LOT, of uninformed people point to Trumps latest miss in Atlantic City and exclaim, "See?!?!? He went bankrupt there!!!" They equate that to Donald Trump (as an individual) declaring bankruptcy. Donald Trump has never declared bankruptcy. Yes, some of his corporate joint ventures have.... but that is how the "real world" works. The vast majority of his ventures are successes (well over 75%). Ask a MLB player if they would like a .750 batting average.

I'm speaking only my opinion and how I see how Real Estate works (so feel free to take it with a grain of sand)...

Donald Trump is NOT an Architect.
Donald Trump is NOT a Contractor.
Donald Trump is kinda/sorta a Finance person.

Do you know what Donald Trump does?

Hypothetical: Trump wants to build a multi-use high-rise (a mix of retail, office and residential space).

He sends out a Request for Proposal to established Architects and subsequently reviews their abstract designs so see which ones he likes. Of those that are qualified and submit qualified plans he makes his choice.

When it comes time to select a Construction Manager or General Contractor, he does the same.

The point is that in my world, Trump is actually respected. He is not an expert on everything. However, he IS great at finding the right people to do the right job. I suspect that when he views the military, it will not be through a "politically correct" filter, for example. For the economy, he will find the right people to make the right choices. Trump's gift is that he knows how to find the right people.

Side Note: The Democrats, last summer basically DICTATED that you vote for Hillary or you don't vote at all. I admit that the Republican Primary race is a freak-show.... but in the ENTIRETY of the United States of America.... all the Democrats came up with was Hillary? Seriously? So, that's it. In the past 8 years since Obama became president.... NO OTHER Democrats became contenders?

Final Disclaimer: No matter which party wins the next election... the rest of us lose.

edit on 2-12-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Nickn3
I truly think we are lacking a serious, and viable candidate for President. I long for the days of Carter and Reagan.

The people with real brains and ability to properly run the country are all nicely ensconced in private industry where they can make a ton of money without having a target on their back.

Personally, I think that anybody who wants to be President is a borderline psychotic and probably should be kept away from normal people. Select a Triumvirate randomly from the voting population. Yeah, you might get some bad ones, but the odds are just as good that you'll get a normal, average person with some common sense, and with the added benefit of them not owing big business or campaign contributors any political favors.

Sounds like a good way to make America an unreliable ally as the random people are likely to have no concept of foreign policy, they also won't be versed in concepts like law, negotiation, bureaucracy, or economics. A normal average person is precisely the opposite of what you should want. Leaders should be significantly above average, if they're going to be in a position of authority they need greater insight in order to actually be right in what they lead.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The choices for this presidential race is the worst in US history, I think Trump will break the mold if elected, which could be a good thing, even if he is pushing for Jeb or Hillary.... they fail if Trump is elected.

It's a win win with Trump.

edit on 3-12-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Lets see , a purportedly sociopathic liar candidate vs. a fake candidate . The lesser of the 2 evils if you please.I will take Trump for 20 .

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Because their hair is blonde or blond-ish.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Why do people support Hillary and Trump?

Because some folks like their crazy on both side of the bun.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

What experience does Trump have in executive government?

none.

What are his policies and how practical are they?

His policies are a joke and are impractical.

What makes Trump a good president over a good director of FDIC?
????

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 4-12-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't have the first clue what anyone sees in Hillary.

Trump? I'm not on the bandwagon, but yeah, I get it. There's a huge segment of the conservative population that's absolutely sick and tired of politically correct, limp-wristed pansies...particularly the ones in their own party. Trump speaks his mind and doesn't take any crap from anyone. For the people that can connect to him ideologically, that makes them feel like someone is actually willing fight for them, rather than roll over at the first sign of opposition. That's why he's garnered so much support. Its not so much his stances on issues, but rather the fact that people feel like they finally have someone who will stand up for them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Trump is a horrible candidate.(No where near as bad as the Clintons and Bushes)

Some of the stuff he says is really crazy.

Ban all Muslims passengers from entering the US. That is crazy and blatant discrimination. What next? Ban all atheists/agnostics from flying to Cowboys football games?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
For the life of me, I can't figure out how Hillary and Donald are the two leading candidates.

If someone with a little common sense tried to run would they just be laughed at?

I'm stumped.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Again, I'm not on the Trump bandwagon. I'm only saying that I know why some support him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join