It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My observations regarding human nature.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

The complexity only exists within the spectrum of human hypocrisy, as we can observe the frame by frame shift from categories of good to categories of evil. Truth is outside of our spectrum, so the issue is simplicity of Truth versus the complexity of the Human Hypocrisy spectrum.

As a member of the human race, I too share the nature of hypocrisy.

If you see a person suffering, do you help him because your emotional reaction prompts you to? Or because the truth is that without help, a suffering person will continue to suffer and possibly die.

Emotions can be manipulated, and they don't necessarily help you to discern the truth. Just look at the effects of propaganda in NAZI Germany.

edit on 30-11-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Indeed, we're all manipulated by emotions, however bless your awareness of it and appreciate what's left.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The only vituous form of good comes as a result of constantly abiding in the Truth...not for the reason of desiring the truth, but for the sake of letting the Truth be what it is, no matter how discomforting it might be to our fragile nature as humans.

What is the Truth?

The fact that humans have to argue over what the TRUTH actually IS, shows that we are not creatures of TRUTH by nature. We are too preoccupied with our selfish visions of what we think TRUTH should be, that we do not have the natural capacity to understand what it is to abide in Truth.
edit on 30-11-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: clarification

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Take a game, let people decide their fate, Good vs. Bad, without any repercussions..
Have fun hoping humans would choose the good side, 90% would within five years have gone bad.

Just my theory though.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I believe it is true human nature to try and do things and advance the world in the name of good, but most people prioritize having a wealthy, comfortable way of life above anything else, and lose sight of what's right and good for the world in their own pursuits for a physical sense of achievement or psychological power over others. When people pursue this type of success it is often based on keeping other people down to ensure they stay afloat. Of course this doesn't apply to everything, but is very clear in many things and many big things for that matter. Good nature would be designed to uplift everyone, so that those people could uplift others and so on and so on. I believe the only way back to that is to eliminate where greed and control stem from, or have everyone see clear as day as to why these unnessicary pursuits ruin civilizations over and over

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I gotta disagree on one point . I knew a lady once , a lady who did good things all the time . It was no ego or guilt trip , she was just a good person . PS not my mum .

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
All 'good', and all 'evil', exist in the (vain judgmental) eye (thoughts/imagination, ego... vanity) of the beholder!

"We do not see the world as it is, we see it as we are!

There is no 'good/evil' 'out there'!

Besides, as you call yourself a 'believer priest', shall I assume Xtian?
If so, in which case, what is a Xtian doing nibbling on the forbidden fruit from the vain judgmental 'Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil'?
'Morality' (the judgment of good and evil) is a sin, and insanity!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Few commit acts of evil or good without there being gain for them somehow in the end.

Religion is based on fear and guilt to steer those who practice it toward supporting their religious leaders and the church or whatever in the end.

There is nothing natural about the way humans' act other than their bodily functions, the rest is just lies and half truths and mistaken beliefs in things that cannot be proven without the use of some sort of outside influence or substance.

The term "Human Nature" I have always found to be confusing as I have observed that humans imitate animals which possess the ability to breathe under water or can fly without the help of a machine or run fast like horses and other animals can do.

Monkey see, monkey "wants" to do...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

hy·poc·ri·sy
hi-ˈpä-krə-sē also hī-
noun
: the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

There is nothing hypocritical about doing good to be a better person.

A drug addict who wants to quit, sees it as wrong, and then takes the steps to stopping that addiction is not a hypocrite. That's the exact opposite of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy would be smoking a cigarette while at the same time telling others not to do it because it's wrong and causes cancer.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's mostly about power, IMO. Obtaining money or the ability to wield fear gives that power. Many who want or have obtained that power do not see the methods as evil as it the means to that end.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I want to know who decides what is good and what is bad? First problem.

We shouldn't judge other people. Second problem.

Every action has a reaction. But to place people in good and bad categories is judgemental. What is good for one could be bad to others.

I follow my heart and mind. I am afraid of only one thing - my conscience, because I have to live with it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ljwedwards
I'm talking about basic human nature here, not judging particular groups. The fact that noone can agree on what constitutes good and evil shows that humans are hypocrites, self centered, and schismatic by nature. If this weren't the case, then the Truth would not be a matter of debate.

So it seems that the human heart is deceptive above all things.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The fact that no one can agree on what constitutes good and evil shows that humans are hypocrites, self centered, and schismatic by nature

The fact that many people don't agree on what is good and evil, means that (many) human beings do not actually have Knowledge of Good and Evil or else, they would know and agree.

But many people do Know that Empathy/Compassion/Love is good.

The ones who do not truly Know, are the ones who don't live by it, and end up causing pain and suffering for themselves and others.

edit on 1-12-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Humans have a relative understanding of good and evil based on emotional (biochemical) responses to environmental observations. So human standards are a matter of cultural composite construct, but from one culture to another, there is no universally accepted standard.

Therefore, deeds that are done, purely for emotional appeasement, are self centered on the subconscious level.

Humans are not born with the knowledge of Absolute Truth. Our nature is the Spectrum of Good and Evil, which is motivated by consious/and subconscious selfishness.
edit on 1-12-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join