It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten things you probably didn't know about contrails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dale8333
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance No, it's very much true. I am 52 years old and I have been a big time weather buff and have watched the skies for 40 plus years and planes never laid down the type of trails I have seen since I got interested in this topic over three years ago. It doesn't matter what time of the year it is...be it winter time or the dog days of Summer. We will go a week or two with no chemtrailing and then all of the sudden we are bombarded with it. There simply isn't that much jet traffic that can explain the amount of trails that are being laid down.

That's odd. I've been watching the skies for over 40 years myself, and can distinctly remember jets creating persisting contrails way back then. I always have been more of an airplane buff though, so I paid a lot of attention to them.

Anyway, the fact that contrails have been able to persist for all that time is well documented. There are pictures, descriptions in meteorology books, movies, anything you wish.

contrailscience.com...

What did you do to come to the conclusion that there isn't enough jet traffic to account for the amount of trails? Did you ever check anything like flightradar24? With some 100.000 flights every day, you'd think some patterns might emerge, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude Aluminum is found underneath the soil but the soil samples are being taken from the top layers and I beg to differ about the unsafe levels of barium and strontium being a natural part of the soil and the unsafe levels that are being detected in areas that are being heavily sprayed. Are you saying that aluminum, barium and strontium are also natural elements found in our drinking water and the unsafe levels thereof are just anamolies? You are simply fooling yourself to make yourself feel better if you buy that load of pablum.

All hail Dale!
I know I'm not worthy to even be on the same plane of existence with you, but I think pointing out that you are pitifully misinformed about what is in the Earth's crust is needed.

You sound like your superiority complex is pretty well situated, so I'll leave it at this. If you care to learn, look into those three elements you and other chemmies are so worried about. Find out where they are and how much of them naturally occurs. Then put on that old dusty thinking cap you lost years ago, and try to envision big trucks moving dirt, then wind, blowing and blowing. After you finished that daunting task, tell me again how planes are the only way those elements could exist in ground based water samples.

All hail Dale!
edit on 30-11-2015 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: payt69 You, sir...are a liar.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude Begone, oh foul troll...... (swats you like the fly that you are).....

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Dale. Can you explain why a contrail should dissipate in seconds? What prevents it sitting in the sky like a cloud? Thank you

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos When the weather is under 32 degrees...can you breath out cold air and come back later and see that same air vapor trail lingering? Because that is what contrails are........just cold air and it dissipates quickly.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dale8333

Aluminum is found underneath the soil but the soil samples are being taken from the top layers and I beg to differ about the unsafe levels of barium and strontium being a natural part of the soil and the unsafe levels that are being detected in areas that are being heavily sprayed.

Because of course we would never dig a big deep hole where you can have dust and guess what other element released into the air...if you said aluminum give your self a star.

Here you go...Talks all about aluminum and how it gets into the environment.

1.2 What happens to aluminum when it enters the environment?
Sources
Aluminum occurs naturally in soil, water, and air.

High levels in the environment can be caused by the mining and processing of aluminum ores or the production of aluminum metal, alloys, and compounds.

Small amounts of aluminum are released into the environment from coal-fired power plants and incinerators.

Break down

Air
Aluminum cannot be destroyed in the environment. It can only change its form or become attached or separated from particles.

Aluminum particles in air settle to the ground or are washed out of the air by rain. However, very small aluminum particles can stay in the air for many days.

Water and soil
Most aluminum-containing compounds do not dissolve to a large extent in water unless the water is acidic or very alkaline.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

As for Barium...

1.2 What happens to barium when it enters the environment?
The length of time that barium will last in air, land, water, or sediments following release of barium into these media depends on the form of barium released. Barium compounds that do not dissolve well in water, such as barium sulfate and barium carbonate, can persist for a long time in the environment. Barium compounds, such as barium chloride, barium nitrate, or barium hydroxide, that dissolve easily in water usually do not last in these forms for a long time in the environment. The barium in these compounds that is dissolved in water quickly combines with sulfate or carbonate that are naturally found in water and become the longer lasting forms (barium sulfate and barium carbonate). Barium sulfate and barium carbonate are the barium compounds most commonly found in the soil and water. If barium sulfate and barium carbonate are released onto land, they will combine with particles of soil.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

And Strontium...

1.2 What happens to strontium when it enters the environment?

Stable and radioactive strontium compounds in the air are present as dust. Emissions from burning coal and oil increase stable strontium levels in air. The average amount of strontium that has been measured in air from different parts of the United States is 20 nanograms per cubic meter (a nanogram is a trillion times smaller than a gram). Most of the strontium in air is in the form of stable strontium. Very small dust particles of stable and radioactive strontium in the air fall out of the air onto surface water, plant surfaces, and soil either by themselves or when rain or snow falls. These particles of strontium eventually end up back in the soil or in the bottoms of lakes, rivers, and ponds, where they stay and mix with stable and radioactive strontium that is already there.

In water, most forms of stable and radioactive strontium are dissolved. Stable strontium that is dissolved in water comes from strontium in rocks and soil that water runs over and through. Only a very small part of the strontium found in water is from the settling of strontium dust out of the air.

Some strontium is suspended in water. Typically, the amount of strontium that has been measured in drinking water in different parts of the United States by the EPA is less than 1 milligram for every liter of water (1 mg/L). 90Sr in water comes primarily from the settling of 90Sr dust out of the air. Some 90Sr is suspended in water. In general, the amount of 90Sr that has been measured in drinking water in different parts of the United States by EPA is less than one tenth of a picocurie for every liter of water (0.1 pCi/L or 0.004 Bq/L).

Strontium is found naturally in soil in amounts that vary over a wide range, but the typical concentration is 0.2 milligrams per kilogram (kg) of soil (or 0.2 mg/kg). The disposal of coal ash, incinerator ash, and industrial wastes may increase the concentration of strontium in soil. Generally, the amount of 90Sr in soil is very small and is only a fraction of the total concentration of strontium in soil. Higher concentrations of 90Sr in soil may be found near hazardous waste sites, radioactive waste sites, and Department of Energy facilities located around the United States. A major portion of stable and radioactive strontium in soil dissolves in water, so it is likely to move deeper into the ground and enter groundwater. However, strontium compounds may stay in the soil for years without moving downward into groundwater. In the environment, chemical reactions can change the water-soluble stable and radioactive strontium compounds into insoluble forms. In some cases, water-insoluble strontium compounds can change to soluble forms.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

You were saying.

Are you saying that aluminum, barium and strontium are also natural elements found in our drinking water and the unsafe levels thereof are just anamolies?

Here is how...

Strontium...

Strontium occurs naturally in the environment. Air, dust, soil, foods and drinking water all contain small amounts of strontium. Ingestion of small amounts of strontium is not harmful.

Barium...

Barium is a silvery-white metal that takes on a silver-yellow color when exposed to air. Barium
occurs in nature in many different forms called compounds. These compounds are solids,
existing as powders or crystals, and they do not burn well. Two forms of barium, barium sulfate
and barium carbonate, are often found in nature as underground ore deposits. Barium is
sometimes found naturally in drinking water and food. Because certain barium compounds
(barium sulfate and barium carbonate) do not mix well with water, the amount of barium usually
found in drinking water is small.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

And Aluminum...

Why is aluminum added to drinking water during treatment?

Microorganisms present in drinking water include viruses, bacteria (e.g., E. coli), and protozoa (e.g., Cryptosporidium and the beaver fever causing organism, Giardia). At low levels, these organisms can cause sickness and disease (incl. severe diarrhea) and are generally very difficult to remove from water. The parasites Giardia and Cryptosporidium are very resistant to most types of disinfection, including chlorination. Water treatment with aluminum sulphate is, however, effective at removing these parasites when used in a chemical treatment process called coagulation.

www.purewaterproducts.com...

Does that help answer your question about those things in drinking water?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Sorry but I find your explanation that a "contrail is just cold air" far too vague. Please explain why a contrail cannot persist, but a cloud can. What makes a contrail form and what is the difference between them?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

When the weather is under 32 degrees...can you breath out cold air and come back later and see that same air vapor trail lingering?

Because there isn't as much moisture in the air when it's cold, unlike at altitude when you see persistent contrail where the air is supersaturated allowing them to persist and spread out into clouds.

Because that is what contrails are........just cold air and it dissipates quickly.

Here you might want to take a look at this...

Real Contrail Science, why they persist and why they spread out and why they are not chemtrails

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It will answer many questions you may have.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Please explain why a contrail cannot persist, but a cloud can.

Hopefully he goes to the thread I linked to, as that may show him the light.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Please cite the lie and correction. Otherwise...........hot air up the backside.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: waynos When the weather is under 32 degrees...can you breath out cold air and come back later and see that same air vapor trail lingering? Because that is what contrails are........just cold air and it dissipates quickly.

When it's -40 and the humidity is high, let me know, we'll give it a try.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sometimes you can, yes:

youtu.be...

Of course human breath is on a much smaller scale than the kind of volumes a jet engine spews out, but it's a similar effect.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Is that the best you can do? Call me a liar when my facts and observations contradict your statements? What are you, 12?
edit on 11201530 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

When it's -40 and the humidity is high, let me know, we'll give it a try.

And if I could blow out even 1/10th of the volume of air from my lungs and sustain it for long enough without passing out! :-)

I asked a simple question and got a strange analogy back that fails on every level. I was hoping for more

edit on 1-12-2015 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

Sorry but I find your explanation that a "contrail is just cold air" far too vague. Please explain why a contrail cannot persist, but a cloud can. What makes a contrail form and what is the difference between them?

2 days........tic toc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join