It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1950s Superman clearly states that Racism and Religious Bigotry are UN-AMERICAN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A great story similar to this is How Superman Defeated the Ku Klux Klan.

It details how a KKK mole provided the FBI with the weekly Klan passwords which were then broadcast on the Superman radio program. It drove the Klan crazy as they could not keep up in real time with all new passwords.

haha awesome, never heard this story! like an olden days Anonymous

thx for the link

As the storyline progressed, the shows exposed many of the KKK's most guarded secrets. By revealing everything from code words to rituals, the program completely stripped the Klan of its mystique. Within two weeks of the broadcast, KKK recruitment was down to zero. And by 1948, people were showing up to Klan rallies just to mock them.

mentalfloss.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: stevieray
All we ever did was give them a framework to join the civilized world. Oil riches greater than the entire rest of the world. Real governments rather than prehistoric gangs eating each other. But could they do anything with it ? No. Still eating other, buying gold toilets and bidets instead of helping the Palestinians or Syrians.

Gee, what did the Israelis spend their money on ? Oh that's right, irrigation, crops, infrastructure, a working economy. And just enough weapons to keep the animals from eating them.

Iraq was very stable, and quite peaceful. My best friend as a child was from there and his dad was brought over to the US to learn Computer Engineering. They weren't as developed as the US but they were well off. Then we destroyed the country, ironically enough that best friend of mine (who happened to love the US) was killed by an American soldier... collateral damage.

Sorry for your friend, but neither you nor I will ever know the details, so I reject the insinuation that it revolved around an evil murderous American soldier. But par for the course, that.

Regarding Iraq, they were as big a haven for terrorism support and training as OBL, so that was one of the targets for the GWOT, which was not "revenge for 9-11". There were just a few more details than that. They also had terrorized their own population and neighboring countries for decades. So all in all, a good target.

We put the wrong president in, who promised Bush reconciliation but ramped up the sectarian favoritism and exclusion, instead. The Obama put the finishing touch on it by abandoning the whole effort and letting it cave in.
edit on 26-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join