It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Patriot Act II coming soon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

My (sad) two cents...

Government surveillance? We haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet.

What do they do now? They record ALL our calls and save ALL our e-mails. Warrantless this and warrantless that. So what?

Wait until those tiny, bug-sized drones are not only perfected, but cheap enough for the gubment to purchase by the hundreds of thousands on whole-sale. Although one could argue there won't be enough manpower to actively watch all the recordings.... we ALL WILL have EVERYTHING we do and say (including in our homes) recorded by Big Brother.

They may not get there in my lifetime, but our son and his generation...? Screwed on an absolutely EPIC level.

I see no other future. (I have been wrong sometimes... I hope this is one of those times).

edit on 18-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The only thing I can say is France is not a backward country. They have their own NSA, alphabet agencies, and camera's ... You know what all that does is tell them where the action is after they read some twitter account or get a live action phone call. It is a money pit with ever increasing demands for more money and more paranoia.

If you think any big time NSA type agency (not counting the crap they set up themselves) could or would stop another Paris type attack (they (Paris) had direct warnings) or even a 9/11 type attack in a sea of warnings and information... You have swallowed their B.S. hook line and sinker. Terrorist are not dummies for they know emails and phone calls are being recorded or listened to. Besides all they have to do is go to their local Mosque or eatery and a private room to plan all their dastardly deeds.
Financing just go to your local Muslim brotherhood office they can probably put you in touch with western world hater.

Live intel has worked for centuries.. But alas it requires effort and in not always centrally controlled which pisses off the control freaks.

Now having said all that we actually saved one persons life back in 1973 who had a contract put out on him by doing intercepts of some bad guys in Laos. He was our puppet and the bad guys were commies .. so yep it can work but.. anything dealing with government, everything gets so large the left hand can't even see what the right hand is doing because the head is usually inserted where the sun don't shine..
edit on 18-11-2015 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Knock yourself out. Give up all your freedoms.

I'll be keeping mine.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I originally thought the OP was being sarcastic.

Here is the problem with the if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear mentality: The average law abiding citizen unknowingly breaks the law, often even commits what is a felony on the books quite often. A total surveillance state means the average citizen will be prosecuted for said 'crimes.'

Stuff like this makes me feel more comfortable that my girlfriend and I live on a boat that is capable of sailing away(with a little help from the wind) at a moments notice. Hell I can even run biodiesel if I necessary and getting fuel necessary.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Patriot Act 2 ? I don't think that's enough, we should have a Patriot Act 2 AND quarter troops in private residences ! Would be awful hard to build a suicide vest, if you have soldiers living in your house.

You can't hide your terrorist activities if you have an active duty room-mate !

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I really question your motives . This very declaration makes you an enemy to the constitution. Most of us know where "those" type of people work @ nowadays. Your opinion is void, the people are not afraid. The establishment psy ops are less and less successful each time. Too many people are aware.

The animal always cry's the loudest before its demise....

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Is the Patriot Act II coming soon?

There was so much anger over the surveillance and the infringement on citizens rights being constantly violated? Yet, here we are with another terrorists attack. No, it did not happen on American soil like 9/11 did, but are we so sure that it won't be coming here next, again?

I mean whatever 9/11 was, it did put us on the path we have been on with regard to national security. Perhaps, this is their way of getting Americans on board with reinstating another version of the Patriot Act.

I have suggested before that I personally do not care if they read every e-mail or eavesdrop on any of my phone calls, I have nothing to hide.

Question is where terrorists cells are involved, and I do believe they exist on American soil, don't we want them caught before they blow up or shoot up American citizens? Are we not willing to allow them to keep tabs on us for the sake of our children? Or our parents?

If you have nothing to hide why do you care? You want your privacy? They only care if your are doing something illegal that has direct overtures or tendencies towards violence.

I say reinstate it, give us Patriot Act II. Do it now.

Reinstate it? They did. Two days later something passed that gave the government those powers back.

And the reason we shouldn't have it is that the government cannot be trusted with that type of power over American citizens, we have seen that authority abused time and time again. If something like this is to exist then it can only do so with complete transparency and openness. Domestic spying that exists in secret is unacceptable.

Programs like the Patriot Act only serve to cause citizens to live in constant fear, and the moment you do that is the moment the terrorist groups win. They want to scare you, and they want you to give up your rights. Why hand them that victory?
edit on 19-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join