It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pasta Dish For Your Amusement!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Try this cooking method one time and see for yourself the beauty in the madness.

Want to make a pasta dish, I recommend when doing it this way that you use a larger noodle, like fettuccine, egg or ziti.

In a 4 quart Pan, Take 1 cup Olive oil first, heat it to medium.

Sauté your garlic, onions, green or red peppers, black or green olives and Roma tomato's next with pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper (mushrooms or jalapeños).

I like my veggies on the crunchy side so I tend to not sauté very long.

Remove the veggies and add a bit more olive oil to the pan and some red wine to de-glaze the pan (1/4 cup), then add your meat of choice, mine is a mix of hot Italian sausage, diced veal nuggets, chopped sirloin and shredded pork loin. About 1/2 cup of each.

Now cook it over a medium heat until the meat is just cooked medium rare to medium, this takes about 5 minutes.

Add the veggies back into the pan and mix with the meat.

Fill the pan about 2/3 full with water, bring to a roiling boil.

Then carefully crack 4 eggs (I like 6) without breaking the yolk drop them into the boiling water. Let them cook for about 5 minutes until the yolk is cooked and then stir the mix carefully.

I like ziti for this dish, so at this point I will add my 4 Cups of tomato puree and stir in a 1 lb bag of ziti to the water. Turn the heat down and cover. The ziti takes about 10-12 minutes to cook (Notice I did not drain the pasta or cook it separately).

The best way to finish this if you really want the full treatment is to take a casserole dish and pour the whole thing in there layered with provolone, crumbled blue cheese with pre-cooked bacon on top, place it in the oven and turn the broiler on, let the cheese melt and take it out to cool for about 15 minutes.

Bon Appetite and let me know what you think!

Usually this takes about 8 to 10 minutes for the the ziti to cook,

edit on 18-11-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

That sounds really good.

I'm not sure I'd be able to parley the olives in there and I'd likely swap out the greens for some Kalamatas if I did. We'd also probably swap some of the Romas with sun dried tomatoes for the tart punch they offer. And, YES to 'shrooms, nice baby ports.

new topics

join