It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Treatments for Back Pain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

I absolutely suffer from chronic back pain.

Unless..

I maintain an exercise routine with pushups, pullups, and some other simple bodyweight workouts. If I do that it alleviates the pain completely. If I don't maintain this then my posture gets horrible and back pain returns every day.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I agree with DAVID64 regarding the inversion table. Start with that and slowly introduce basic core strengthening exercises. If unfamiliar, Google them. Advance the exercises as tolerated and don't forget to stretch! Most notably, the knee flexors (hamstrings) as they can wreak havoc on the low back when tight.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Coconut oil. People report a lot of improvement from just one rubbing.
Also castor oil packs. See the link.
Earth Clinic
edit on 13-11-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm gonna give this video to everyone in here. Oils, supplements and treatments will not work the muscles to build up the strength needed to alleviate lower back pain. You need to work the muscles.

I lift heavy weights and typical deadlift and squat 300+ lbs so my lower back gets put through the wringer every week. I found this video and it really put my lower back "back" into shape.

It is NOT easy to do this workout. But, try it and watch things magically get better with time. Ease into it, and do what your body will allow you until you get strong enough to finish the entire video. Its the toughest 12 minutes I ever been through (for my posterior chain)

Hope this helps more than one person in here.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
"Motion is lotion", if it's your spine, I know that remaining stationary for hours on end can lead to a bad sort of stiffness and pain. (... regardless of how nice it can feel to just sit/lie still every now and again.) Just another thing to consider with the excellent suggestions above.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Back pain is considered one of the most common ailments or complaints by patients in the U.S., according to the Mayo Clinic, the most common excuse for absenteeism at work and for making a visit to the doctor's office.

Your chances of experiencing some form of back pain increase if you smoke, are overweight or obese, or perform physically demanding jobs. Even people who sit at a desk all day may experience back pain however, caused by poor posture, stress and anxiety.

Back pain may be caused by a number of factors, including:

Poor spinal structure or alignment - such as ruptured or herniated disc
Sprains or strain or ligament tears caused by lifting heavy objects and using poor lifting ergonomic positioning
Arthritis
Sciatica
Curvatures of the spine
Osteoporosis

Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery is one of the solution for back problems.
Minimally invasive surgery is the name given to surgical procedures that cause less tissue damage, bleeding, and complications than traditional incision on surgical procedures. Minimally invasive surgery is also often called endoscopic surgery or "keyhole" surgery, which utilizes special instruments that create smaller incisions than traditional surgeries.

Minimally invasive spine surgical procedures also offer treatments for microsurgical treatment of herniated discs, lumber spinal stenosis, spinal fusion, scoliosis, compression fractures, osteoporosis, and in the treatment of spinal tumors and vertebral fractures.

Computer assisted image guidance technology and special x-ray machines called a fluoroscope enables surgeons to locate as well as navigate various areas of the spine through the use of images that enables greater accuracy and the use of instruments designed to be used through small incisions.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Chiropractic treatment did provide me relief from back pain.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In order to get rid of back pain try to have frequent deep tissue massage like Myofascial release . Doing static stretches like those done in Yoga, can be a best way to alleviate lower back pain. These days as most of the people are suffering from this problem ,Health care centres are also providing fitness gym with fitness trainers and therapists available . Find more alternative solutions here .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join