It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Headed to HBO in Four-Year Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The 'Daily Show' alum will create short-form digital content, which will be showcased on HBO Now, HBO Go and other platforms. The deal also includes a first-look option for other film and TV ventures.

Jon Stewart has a new home: HBO.

Stewart has signed a four-year production deal with the premium-cable network and will kick off the pact with the creation of topical short-form digital content.

The deal will see the short-form digital content showcased on HBO Now, HBO Go and other platforms. Also included in the pact is a first-look option for other film and TV ventures.

The first HBO project will see the Daily Show alum work with cloud-graphics company OTOY, Inc. to develop new technology to allow Stewart to produce timely short-form digital content, which will be refreshed on HBO Now multiple times throughout the day. Additional projects will be announced as they are confirmed.

Source: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Finally something from John, and I hope it will be political satire, that made him famous.

Sure, new daily show host is OK, but it is not John, not even close. I just don't find his jokes funny or satirical enough.

EDIT: Another source: www.salon.com...
edit on 3-11-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Awwwww1 Gutted. I wanted him to do more guests spots on WWE!!

But as long as he is back on TV and being funny. Wahoo!!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Sure, new daily show host is OK, but it is not John, not even close. I just don't find his jokes funny or satirical enough.

I feel the same way. The show has a totally different vibe to it. Also, I get the impression that the new host won't be getting in those occasional heated debates that Stewart got in.

Stewart and Colbert need to have a show together.

I miss the days when Colbert was Stewart's reporter and would do hilarious interviews.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Will this be actual comedy, or more propaganda disguised as lame comedy?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot

Seriously??

Satirical view of real event/politicians and our current situation is propaganda??

Knowing Stewart, and knowing that HBO is less strict about language, I don't think you will like it... just pass..

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Seriously??

Satirical view of real event/politicians and our current situation is propaganda??

Knowing Stewart, and knowing that HBO is less strict about language, I don't think you will like it... just pass..

it is when it shapes opinions of putty-brained kids who should be learning facts rather than communist propaganda.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He won't be on television. It's all on the HBO net. And I think it's HBO-Go, which you must pay for.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Didn't Sesame Street go to HBO too?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Answer. Probably Comedy, like it was before. Question why are there no Republican Comics? Or Musicians? Except after they are long out of the limelight.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Answer. Probably Comedy, like it was before. Question why are there no Republican Comics? Or Musicians? Except after they are long out of the limelight.

There are lots of them - they just keep their mouths shut.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Just to clear it up - you are talking about some comics who are republicans, not current republican presidential nominees?

At the moment, it looks whole republican part, together with their supporters is kind of circus... it would be even funny, if it does not affects millions of lives...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Just to clear it up - you are talking about some comics who are republicans, not current republican presidential nominees?

At the moment, it looks whole republican part, together with their supporters is kind of circus... it would be even funny, if it does not affects millions of lives...

I'd much rather be at a circus than in prison.

And by "affecting millions of lives" I assume you mean gay lives, black lives, transgender lives? Lives of "protected classes". yes? All lives except white men and cops?

You're missing your cartoons, run along now.

edit on 4-11-2015 by HighDesertPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That must be good for business....

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I'd much rather be at a circus than in prison.

And by "affecting millions of lives" I assume you mean gay lives, black lives, transgender lives? Lives of "protected classes". yes? All lives except white men and cops?

You're missing your cartoons, run along now.

O boy, pure whitedesertpatriot feels insecure... and his BS mountain ....

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Your racism is showing.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Your racism is showing.

You are the one categorizing what I meant by 'millions of lives', thus only person to show racism through what I see as insecurity. Why do you feel that way?

top topics

join