It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Was the Night - really enjoyed this movie!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The hubby and I were browsing Netflix for a movie last night, and came across this one. Dark Was the Night. It was released just last year, and was surprisingly good. The imdb user rating isn't high or low, but the Netflix probable rating for me was over four stars. They weren't wrong! We really enjoyed this one. The premise is simple; something scary is in the woods near a small town. For me, the timing for watching couldn't have been better. I have been reading book three in the Missing 411 series, and this fit right in. No, it isn't quite like those cases, but in some areas, it'll make you think of them, if you are at all familiar. I won't offer details, because I can't stand spoilers, but there is enough suspense to make this one entertaining, and even a bit creepy. Instead of relying on cheap scares, the tension is allowed to build, and it's better in some ways than some bigger name movies. perfect for the season, too!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sounds like a good film, Ill have to look out for it sometime . a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Well, we enjoyed it! I always like a good creepy movie!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Agreed, It is a very good film. I like the lead actor aswell, Kevin Durand. He's currently in The Strain and played a part in Wolverine aswell. The only thing I didn't initially like was the filter used to film the movie seemed very blue and cold, but upon hindsight i guess they had to so as to capture that atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I am not extremely familiar with him, but I agree, he's quite good. Seeing Lukas Haas as an adult was cool as well. Interesting fellow, and he seems able to act well. The filter was very bleak, and perfect, I agree, for the mood of the place, and for that of the lead character as well. Speaking of acting, his eyes at the start so perfectly conveyed the character's feelings! Most impressive!

top topics

join