It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting light effect in the sky... What is causing it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Bummer!

I remember seeing that thread pop up in my live list a while back, but I thought it was just about another white dot in the sky, so I passed it over.

Mods, have your way!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

I'm always the odd one. Used to it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I grew up in the 70s and most I learned turns out to be untrue. Believe nothing from the 70s. Exception : best music EVER came from the 70s.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Never seen anything like it. Amazing, thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ice crystals under that intensity of light staying cool for that duration of time?

Pseudo science at its finest.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: smurfy

I grew up in the 70s and most I learned turns out to be untrue. Believe nothing from the 70s. Exception : best music EVER came from the 70s.

Well, being a musician from the 60's on, I've no bother with that...mind you still plenty of good music about.

Regarding the anecdotal, observed phenomena from the 70's, it's a perfect fit for what has been fairly recently observed on camera and besides that, no one back then made any guesses as to what it was, although my guess would be that the more pragmatic would go for something that was a product of nature given the weather conditions, and the position and available light from the Sun at the time...something that Stormcell touched on in his/her post, which is important because without the backlight of the Sun, the phenomena could occur, yet might not be noticeable at all, camera or no camera. Something new under the Sun..definitely, but only if you never saw it before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join