It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's in a hot dog? Sometimes human DNA, this report found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They are a guilty pleasure of a saturday with caramelised onions.

I figure if I am eating human DNA it can only boost your immune system, and there are probably more germs on your keyboard and mouse.

So you can say what you like, I am still going to buy them and eat them on occasion.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific
Wouldn't that be a sort of cannibalism?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

A group called Clear Foods analyzed 345 hot dogs and sausages from 75 brands sold by 10 different retailers using "genomic technology to analyze the world's foods at a molecular level, ingredient by ingredient," the report states.

"Problems included substitutions and hygienic issues. Substitution occurs when ingredients are added that do not show up on the label. Hygienic issues occur when some sort of non-harmful contaminant is introduced to the hot dog, in most cases, human DNA...

"We encountered a surprising number of substitutions or unexpected ingredients. We found evidence of meats not found on labels, an absence of ingredients advertised on labels, and meat in some vegetarian products.

"Clear Food found human DNA in 2 percent of the samples, and in 2/3rds of the vegetarian samples."

Source: www.al.com...

Wow, this is really worrisome, especially with knowledge how much hod dog is popular in modern world as fast food.

Because my kid is vegetarian, we are getting vegetarian hot dogs, and now I wonder how did this brand do on this test... Might have to find detailed research.

Some of statistic on their page just sounds alarming: www.clearfood.com...

I'm sure there's more human DNA in the average pre-made salad.

And, meanwhile, don't kiss that Vegetarian kid of yours. You're giving him human DNA!

Cue spooky music.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join