It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing To Hide, Nothing To Fear...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If you have nothing to hide, you're doing it wrong.

If I were monitoring the population, I bet I could find something to go on from just about anyone. If that hunch didn't pan out with the full investigation, I'm pretty sure I would have uncovered something to twist. The rest is gravy.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The problem with this argument today, is that when 9/11 happened, whatever rights you had, you gave up freely in the name of national security. Since 9/11 was now 14 years ago, many have forgotten what that feeling of hopelessness was like. You can not undo what was done.

The time to stand up against this has long gone.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have had friends DIE in order to preserve rights ..it kind of makes many appear ungrateful...or retarded.
I am aggressive,I'll tell anyone who wants to know,itelligent too so I don't murder people willy nilly either.
Let them try I say ,MANY ARE WAITING FOR SOMETHING to happen,and we are all keyed up from this traitor in the whitehouse.
edit on 25-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot We had some kind of protection from illegal searches and seizures in the 4th amendment but after the Patriot Act passed, that protection was taken away. Thanks George Bush...Now we can be patted down, and searched for no reason, no suspicion what so ever. They used to at least have to suspect you of something, but now body searches and seizure of belongings is random. Stop and frisk is another clear violation of 4th amendment protections. After 9/11, people gave the government permission to gather private information govt used to need a search warrant for....phone records, credit card info, mail and hospital records, even what books you take from the library. It's George Orwell's 1984.

edit on 25-10-2015 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

You are completely right but guess what

The moronic mases disagree with you

Now what ?

How will you change your mind ?

Can you ?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsPopeTaken

You are completely right but guess what

The moronic mases disagree with you

Now what ?

How will you change your mind ?

Can you ?

No, I won't change my mind. I'd rather be poor and unpopular than being driven by made up bs.
edit on 27-10-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Why should there be privacy? It's simple. If I look at your writings, your habits, your driving patterns, your spending patterns, and your political beliefs I can probably find a correlation between you and some classification of criminal. Especially if I am the one who is cherry picking evidence in order to suit my case. When that happens, it forces the accused person to prove a negative in order to mount a defense and such a thing is very difficult to do.

originally posted by: rockintitz
Recorded conversations can be used as evidence.

It's not up to the public to provide it, though.

Legal representation is provided by the public, why not use that?

Free representation is only provided in criminal trials, and even then in several states it's no longer free. They'll charge you after the fact and then jail you if you don't pay the legal bill.

In a civil trial, which it sounds like Peeple had you're on your own and unless you're taking a law class in college there's basically no education for people on how to effectively argue a legal case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join