It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with ad problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS-ers. I need some help, and I'd rather ask the community here than to go on some computer forum where I'm completely unfamiliar with anyone. At least here I can expect to not be treated hateful for my ignorance!

Recently, out of nowhere, these ads have started appearing in my browser windows (Firefox, Chrome, and Safari). I don't know what they are, where they came from, or how to get rid of them. And frankly, they are driving me nuts! Here is what they look like:

So. Here's what I've tried: I deleted all cookies and history. Checked extensions and plugins (only one extension showed up, and maybe 1 or 2 plugins, none of which were new or unusual). I did everything listed on the apple support website here, but none of the files in this list were found on my computer: apple support steps

And now, at this point, I have pretty much maxed out my own personal technological capabilities, and have no idea what else to do, or what search terms to enter to help me find a solution.

And, in case its needed information, I have Symantic antivirus that has not indicated any sort of problem.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Just a thought...there was some sort of "attack" on ATS recently AGAIN.
Maybe you should alert the Skeptic and it could maybe be something to do with that...

Good luck!

I KNOW what you mean about those "advice" forums!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'm having the same problem, but in my case I get a different website that pops up behind the ATS window every time I log into ATS. It only does it with ATS. I've ran Malewarebytes, Avast and Chrome ad blocker, but none are detecting it. I get a different website every time!!! A member on ATS suggested I check my program folder for any suspicious programs that were downloaded. I deleted a couple, but no luck. They are really annoying!!! This is a screen shot of one of the ads I'm currently getting...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah, I've gotten a couple of those too. I haven't noticed if it's just when I go to ATS or not though, they open behind my browser so I don't notice them til I actually close the browser.

The ones I posted in my op though are definitely not just with ATS, they happen no matter what site I go too.
edit on 23-10-2015 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Seems you have a virus my friend...

I know nothing about Macs...but those ads are "brought by FlashMail" (says at the bottom right of the ad group)

Google FlashMail

First entry I get is:
Flashmail virus OS 10.6 | Apple Support Communities

Again, I know nothing about Macs, so I didn't research further.

Hope this helps...

edit on 23-10-2015 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join