It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time travel and MY reasoning

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am waiting for a hovering Delorean to show up... is a flux capacitor Bluetooth capable? If so, look out 88 MPH!! (I wonder if they have OnStar in the future... or in 1955??)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

Except that there is plenty of "physical evidence" for the 'literal' existence of time..

...I just recommended a book to Pinke - it might be a good place for you to start.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Thank you for the book suggestion.

Will add it to my ereader list. I love reading about things like time even though I often don't 'get it.'

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I will check it out, but will more than likely get lost in all the technical speak. But I will give it a try. Physics is a subject I've been wanting to study for a while, I guess I might as well start somewhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Good night guys and be safe, will be back tomorrow. If there's anymore more replies.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: DeadCat

I had a little theory my self.

This theory being that intelligent being in the future have time travel, but use it very carefully, they know better than to dabble. These beings are near the end of time in the most literal sense. They use time travel to go back, help further humanity in the time they go back to, so that in the future, they will have progressed more quickly, and therefore be more intelligent. Everytime they near the end, they go back and further their progress. Until they can figure out how to prevent the end, they are postponing it.

These beings are what we call ancient aliens. This is how they gave knowledge to ancient civilians. In modern times, I assume they pass the information in a non physical way, sense we are now capable of comprehending the non physical world.

Anyone traveling "back" in time can only go back to the exact time that time travel was invented.Not any further back. So , we are safe until then...
I am not so sure that this claimed constraint is in fact true, but rather a logical theory! Ironically enough time will tell! If one cannot go back in time beyond the point of invention then this reduces the value of such technology to some degree. On a linear scale, if one built a rail car engine at the midway point of an 100 mile rail track one would be able to go either way up the track all the way to one end and then all the way back past the mid point of where the rail engine was built to the other end of the track. It is my view that the constraint could be overcome via multi dimensional time traversing eg. by using a different dimension to the one the time machine was invented in thus possibly overcoming this constraint. A kind of dimensional hopping avoiding the dimension that the TM was invented/built in. And like I said, Only Time Will Tell!!!

Hogwash or Brilliance - we shall have to see.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Well, here's a good website: Visual Guide to the 10 Dimensions

In the 10th dimension, all possible, potential, and imagined possibilities are all coexisting concurrently in a sort of..."nexus" if you will.

Imagine a stack of slides, each slide is alternate reality. Now imagine an infinite number of them all stacked on top of one another, and we are simply existing inside of one.

If you can shift from one to another, you might not even notice because they are so similar. Although you might move into one and notice that your cat is now a dog. There isn't another "you" as you exist and extend into all possible and potential parallel/alternate realities at the same time. In fact, we might be moving from one to another constantly.

So since you exist across all possible realities to infinity and there is only one "you" -- if you can focus your attention on a specific "frame" you might be able to draw that reality closer into your experience....

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

This theory being that intelligent being in the future have time travel, but use it very carefully, they know better than to dabble. These beings are near the end of time in the most literal sense. They use time travel to go back, help further humanity in the time they go back to, so that in the future, they will have progressed more quickly, and therefore be more intelligent. Everytime they near the end, they go back and further their progress. Until they can figure out how to prevent the end, they are postponing it.

These beings are what we call ancient aliens. This is how they gave knowladge to ancient civilians. In modern times, I assume they pass the information in a non physical way, sense we are now capable of comprehending the non physical world.

Anyone traveling "back" in time can only go back to the exact time that time travel was invented.Not any further back. So , we are safe until then...

Time simply is. Always has been. Always will be.

You can't travel in it. It is static.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I already time travel. It takes me 55 minutes to get to work.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

These beings are what we call ancient aliens. This is how they gave knowladge to ancient civilians. In modern times, I assume they pass the information in a non physical way, sense we are now capable of comprehending the non physical world.

Time simply is. Always has been. Always will be.

You can't travel in it. It is static.

Its only static if you are stood still but speed and dimensional traversing may well not be constrained by what you state. Time is not some immovable object that you cannot get beyond its a concept that we live by and if we alter our perspective and develop our understanding of time and how to further manipulate it then we will eventually discover/navigate a way to travel it!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
I'm a layman when it comes to understanding these things, so what if time was thrown out of these equations?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Until I obtain a better understanding of time, I think I'm gonna keep to my statement that time doesn't exist. I think if time was an actual occurrence, then deja vu and similar concepts wouldn't exist.

edit on 22-10-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hiya Amsterdamn,

Can you explain why deja vu wouldn't exist? I just interested, and am not sure I understand.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
quantum mechanics is pretty stupid. "we can't figure out the position of a particle so let's make up a law that says it's impossible to figure out". No morons, get back to the drawing board. Theory of relativity is stupid too . . . if you go at the speed of light you can't see anything because your eyes work by light hitting them. That doesn't mean light goes at the same speed in all reference frames tho, morons.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The thing about time travel, however, is that it's personal. If you were to hop in a time machine and go "back" to the year 1900, for instance, you, personally are still moving "forward" in your own timeline. Your point of view isn't going to change, and changing things in the past wouldn't affect you. That's why there's no Grandfather Paradox. The only reality and timeline you know of is the one you're living in. Killing your grandfather isn't going affect your past, just everybody else's.

Time travel is lonely. It makes it very clear that we are alone in our lives and our perceptions, and that it all ends when we individually die.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist

If you're so smart, make your own theories, you go back to the drawing board instead of complaining about "idiots" like Einstein, and modern day theorists that are trying to understand the world around them instead of complaining that no one does it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke
The way I see it is if time was written and was already on a set path it would be comparable to driving on the freeway and you missed the exit and tried to make a u turn, in this example deja vu would be the exit and the freeway, time. I don't know though, that's the best I could explain it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist
So what do you understand about time travel?

edit on 22-10-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
That's one concept of time travel that I do agree with to a degree.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join