It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli hummus cafe gives 50 per cent off to Jews and Arabs who eat together

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Saw this story this morning. Not sure that this is really going to be the thing that brings Jewish and Arab people in Israel together. But hey not much else has worked so why not. Regardless, I applaud the owner of this cafe for trying. Everyone has to eat, put down the knives and guns, get a discounted meal, then go pick them back up I guess.

Honestly the results definately cannot make it worse, who knows.

A hummus bar in Israel is attempting to do its bit for peace in the area by offering a discount to Arabs and Jews who break bread together there.

The restaurant, called Hummus Bar, which is near the coastal city of Netanya, is offering a 50 per cent off deal for customers of different faiths who sit together to enjoy the chickpea-based meal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A really nice idea if I'm honest.

Even if it brings a few people together it a good thing.

I Like to be positive about it and hope someone does not try to destroy it in someway.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

There is one thing guaranteed not to bring Jews and Arabs together - career politicians and career religious leaders (on both sides of the divide) with agendas and an "eye for an eye" mentality.

Average Joe restaurateur or sporting coach has and will be a lot more successful in bridging these gaps.

Don't be surprised if his restaurant is blown up by an intolerant racist extremist who cannot fathom living in peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

There is one thing guaranteed not to bring Jews and Arabs together - career politicians and career religious leaders (on both sides of the divide) with agendas and an "eye for an eye" mentality.

Average Joe restaurateur or sporting coach has and will be a lot more successful in bridging these gaps.

Don't be surprised if his restaurant is blown up by an intolerant racist extremist who cannot fathom living in peace.

That was why I thought it was neat. People bypassing government to try and resolve things. You may be dead on accurate about blow back. That would be ugly

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Nice
This how peace should be achieve, by sharing.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

San Martin made a mouse, a cat and a dog eat from the same dish.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If the middle east can agree on ANYTHING its HUMMUS.
Way to go Hummus Cafe!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Not sure that this is really going to be the thing that brings Jewish and Arab people in Israel together. But hey not much else has worked so why not. Regardless, I applaud the owner of this cafe for trying.

I see this more as the owner trying to show Jews and Arabs are already living/working/playing/eating together... not that he's trying to bring them together.

No one is born to hate. People are taught to hate each other, usually by government, always by those with an agenda.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Respective peoples aren't the problem, ordinarily they don't have a problem with one another. Its their governments. They are the ones that should be locked in a room somewhere until they work things out.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

From little acorns great oak trees grow , maybe other places will follow.
If people get together and discover what they have in common then perhaps understanding will spread through the territory and we will see that a road map to peace can be forged between people bypassing blood lust governments.

I know there's blame on both sides but a way forward needs to be found , I applaud the owners of the Humus Bar for both their efforts in bringing people together and their business acumen.

edit on 20-10-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

San Martin made a mouse, a cat and a dog eat from the same dish.

I don't want to derail my own thread but you have a video link? That would be as amusing as the nasty a$$ honey badger to me. Animals just crack me up.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Netanyahu would faint at the thought of such unity, which is why I love the idea.

(post by DrakeINFERNO removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Haha..., that was a few hundred years ago, but if you search images of him, you'll see the 3 little fellows there too. Some people say there was a bird too.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Man, I can't help it.

There is one thing completely guaranteed not to bring Jews and Muslims together..... A Ham Festival!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

50% is an astounding saving!

Kudos to the proprietors!

(post by Blissful removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's much harder to hate someone once you know them.

We tend to still be tribal and view outsiders as THEM

When we actually get to know THEM we might be surprised that they have many of the same interests and motivations as most everyone else.

new topics

top topics

join