It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Take on Ted Cruz Eligibility under "Natural Born Citizen" Rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So here's the thing. In order to become an American Citizen, Ted Cruz's parents would have had to have applied for his citizenship.

Does being born outside the United States mean that he wouldn't have been automatically a citizen at birth, does some sort of paperwork need to be filled out? If so, it means he was ELIGIBLE for citizenship, not an actual citizen at borth.

Now, the Constitution says that in order to be President you have to be American at BIRTH. "Natural BORN Citizen".

There is now some speculation building that Ted Cruz has never actually produced his American Citizenship papers, and that his parents may never have applied for citizenship when he was born.

If he wasn't automatically an American at birth, but only an American through birthright citizenship following some paperwork that had to be done, wouldn't this make him (A) ineligible to be President (b) ineligible to vote in elections OR The Senate, meaning that any vote he has cast could be called into question if he's not eligible to vote?

Voting fraudulently would also be a Federal charge resulting in a Criminal Record, which would also make him ineligible to vote, but not necessarily ineligible to be President.

Am I misinterpreting something here?

Surely if you need paperwork to provide you with citizenship you're NOT a "Natural Born Citizen" ?
edit on 17-10-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ted's mother was American so no matter where in the world he was born he is an American citizen. But he is not a natural born American citizen.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It's not clearly defined and hasn't been pursued for quite some time to better clarify it. As it stands now it's acceptable for Ted Cruz to run for and hold the Presidency... it would have to be challenged legally for him to be declared ineligible, so far no one has done so. His mother is American, he grew up here so to me it's no big deal... he can't win anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Before I make any decisions....

I need to see Teds Birth certificate and make sure it's legitimate and not just a cut and paste job by some third world country with an agenda.

sound familiar?

I will also need to see Teds, mother's birth certificate as well to make sure there aren't any descripencies.
edit on 17-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Ted's mother was American so no matter where in the world he was born he is an American citizen. But he is not a natural born American citizen.

Does that hold true for Obama as well?

If so, why was there such a big ta-do about it?
edit on 17-10-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Because he is black. I am not sure Cruz or Jindal are constitutionally elegible to run for the office, but since neither are black, the birthers have backed off.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Thanks for answering my rhetorical question.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Because he is black. I am not sure Cruz or Jindal are constitutionally elegible to run for the office, but since neither are black, the birthers have backed off.

Look to the Left, look to the Right .. hypocrites all around.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

BIRTHER!

YOU'RE A BIRTHER... and a racist because he is Hispanic.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

BIRTHER!

YOU'RE A BIRTHER... and a racist because he is Hispanic.

But his name is Cruz. That's translates as the Holy Cross of God. "In hoc Signo Vinces"

A new Christian golden age is about to flower in America.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Obama was biorn in the US, so there is no question there at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

To be 'natural born' I have read that his mother was to visit the local Canadian embassy after his birth. I can't prove this though. I wouldn't stop his (non-winning) run for president over this. I do hope someone does though, Trump should. Trump threw a fit over someone actually born here. He should take up the invesigation on Cruz.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

You are misinterpreting something. "Natural born citizen" has no legal definition and at every opportunity to define it that the Supreme Court has been given over the last 200+ years they have sidestepped the issue. The closest they have come is in saying certain people are or aren't natural born. Ted Cruz will be eligible to run, it is extremely unlikely the SC says he isn't natural born because they would then have to identify some criteria which excludes him, which gets into the territory of defining a term they are seeking to not define.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
8 USC CHAPTER 12,SUBCHAPTER III: NATIONALITY AND NATURALIZATION.

I got curious myself, so I post it in case..................
edit on 10182015 by BobbyRock because: for clarification

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
8 USC CHAPTER 12,SUBCHAPTER III: NATIONALITY AND NATURALIZATION.

I got curious myself, so I post it in case..................

That lists nothing on the term natural born citizen which is effectively a clause to allow anyone who doesn't meet the other criteria a waiver by the courts to hold the office anyways by declaring they are a naturally born citizen.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

He qualifies as natural born under the McCarran-Walter Act.

link

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

So Obama was eligible to be president as well?

new topics

top topics

join