It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twins of 'H' Block

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In a series of articles to be found here there has been speculation that the 'H' motif found at Gobekli Tepe relates to the cult of the Divine Twins, the primary evidence for which is an actual excavated depiction of two figures forming the 'H' through the mutual extension of their arms.

The identification seems valid and so in articles such as Gobekli Tepe and the Twins of Atlantis it is considered through a great deal of comparative mythology what these Divine Twins might have been about

The dynamism these twins embody is not quite a solitary soul in two bodies or the doubling of a single personality. They rather encapsulate two opposing elements which, ideally, are balanced in resolution. They do not bear upon the androgyny since both genders are male although the darker twin might correlate with the feminine in some notions.

The comparative examples are all valid but i don't think they quite grasp what the primary function of the twins was, which at Gobekli Tepe would have been the essential symbolism of the two central columns, so i'll briefly relate my opinion on this here.

The 'H' block symbolism does of course relate in Meso-American mythology to the cult of the Divine Twins and the ball game court;

it's generally considered that there is an essential duality involved between darkness and light, between the day and the night, and i'm sure that's right, that this is the reason behind the season, all relating to the calendar and it's origins.

The Dogon tribe of Africa maintain a complex molecular tradition of twins, one that connects the biological realm with the cosmos of which the Nommo fulfil the role of ancestor twins. Rather than glorifying in the auroch ancestry of east Africa and the Levant, the Dogon are happy for their ancestors to be fish in character with womb symbolism. The Nommo scheme emerges in elaborate rituals of marriage and birth. If a couple intend to produce twins reflecting the perfected nature of the Nommo, it follows that if only one male child is born it is believed he is lacking his twin brother, who was sacrificed in the womb or along the path of a pre-natal journey. And we ask if Nommo might relate to Yemo? In Bantu and other African tribes the arrival of twins was received ambivalently. Considered sacred yet monsters

There has been found at Gobekli Tepe a carved stone circle which is quite similar to the Meso-American ball court rings, perhaps these originally related to capturing within them as it were the sun or the Moon at a particular season.

In my previous thread here i looked at Indo-European traditions of great ages were it was considered that these related to a distance back in time to when Virgo rose at the Vernal equinox and correspondent to this the lunar count began at 0 degrees Aries at sunset of the same day, that in tradition this related to the Ashvins of the lunar calendar commencing at Aries.

The Ashvins in Hindu mythology, are two Vedic gods, divine twin horsemen in the Rigveda, sons of Saranyu, a goddess of the clouds and wife of Surya in his form as Vivasvant.

They symbolize the shining of sunrise and sunset, appearing in the sky before the dawn in a golden chariot, bringing treasures to men and averting misfortune and sickness.

They are represented as humans with head of a horse.

If then the cult of the Divine Twins is seen at Gebekli Tepe and given the associated lunar symbolism with the motif in terms of the crescent and sighting stone then it seems reasonable to consider this relates to the lunar calendar commencing at 0 degrees Aries.

The clearest understandings are generally to be found in Sumerian tradition and in the previous thread i looked at the tradition of Astral Dumuzi with regards to 0 degrees Aries, in that mythos the role of the twin is actually played by his sister Geshtinanna, in the dream of Dumuzi she notes;

The single reed shaking its head at you is your mother who bore you, shaking her head for you. The twin reeds of which one was being separated from you is you and I -- one will be separated from you.

In this tradition the ecliptic plane is effectively divided in two, the return of Dumuzid from the Underworld transpires in Spring at 0 degrees Aries and lasts six months until 30 degrees Virgo, Dumuzid rules over the Northern constellations of the ecliptic plane.

From the beginning of Aries to the end of Virgo is the northern half of the ecliptic. The other half from the beginning of Libra to the end of Pisces is the southern half of the ecliptic, both deviate equally from the equator.

So the essential function of the twins is the division of the ecliptic plane into Southern and Northern constellations, and they represent the inter-relationship of these on the daily and yearly basis.

It should also be noted that were the singular reed represents the Mother of Dumuzid and Geshtinanna she in turn was symbolized by the star Sirius, alignments towards which have been noted at Gobekli Tepe as in Sirius and the Megalithic Enclosures

It may be the case that the twins were understood to move in opposing directions, that the yearly lunar calendar commencing at 0 Aries is seen in terms of clockwise direction whereas the progression of the sun through the signs of the Zodiac is anti-clockwise, but certainly the twins represent the inter-relationship of the two hemispheres and the 'H' sign is the symbol of their essential unity and points of inter-section.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Fantastic post. I have been interested in this subject for a while now

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

This is a great post! Very in-depth and informative. I'll never look at the letter "h" the same.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Thanks it's good to be able to figure out were the ancient ancestors were coming from, with the twin pillars representing the Northern and Southern halves of the ecliptic plane, they even extended this to were the upper and lower halves of the figures display the 'H' symbol on their belts, so good for holding up trousers as well as the sky...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Kantz.... Nailed it again... If I could flag you 5 times and give you 100 gold stars I would... Great presentation. I appreciate the hard work you put into your threads along with the quality of presentation. It is threads like this that keep me checking the new posts religiously.

I have pondered on these stones for a long time, and never made this connection. The construction methods, the shear size, the exacting design, and almost unattainable tolerances each in their own right are as amazing as they are puzzling. You don't work that hard on something that has no significant meaning to a culture. Yet we imagine our ancestors as ignorant mouth breathers that didn't understand the wheel for Ages. How pompus can we be?

I would love to be able to go back and see some of these places in action. They didn't chop off the top of a whole mountain in Nazca, just to look at it. How cool would it be to walk up to the city wall and watch the "H's" being used as an elaborate gate that was just the beginning of an astonishing journey that becomes more amazing with each step.
edit on 12-10-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I come to the ATS site and I see a lot of the usual doom and gun/violence issues and then every once in a while, one of the members puts out a thread that is not mainstream and a welcome respite from all the other current events. This is one of them and though I can not contribute to it due to me knowing little about it, I am sure I will learn something from what the OP is postulating and from other skilled responses to it.
Thank you OP for starting this thread, I will follow this one and see what comes of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

You're right, this is the tradition of recorded time and the origins of the calendar and those that introduced it, despite what any skeptic might say 'H' block central at Puma Punku is highly anomalous in that the astonishingly complex construction design of the inter-locking stones has no architectural precedent or successor, for such a highly developed style to be found at only one site is ridiculous, in a similar sense the same can be said for Gobekli Tepe, there is simply nothing before, so they have that in common.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And to think of what is left buried on that site alone. The underground cities in Turkey baffle to mind too. These are not idiots. They have a brain exactly like ours, they thought about things exactly like we do minus all of the electronic overload that not only distracts us but completely distorts and numbs the most Amazing view a human can take in. The night time sky without light pollution is awe inspiring almost forcing creativity and harmony... I for one thing we could use a little more AWE in our daily lives.

Not only do these sites blow us away with detail and archioastromony calculations perfect to allow for amazing light shows. They often have anomalous readings across the electromagnetic spectrum. One of the most perplexing functions of many sites are Sound or frequency related. This often is only discovered by accident, or an after thought, so the field of study draws little attention. I think the slack jawed yokels knew a little something that we should focus a bit more energy on.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Yes the oldest part of Gobekli Tepe is considered to have the potential to be a couple of thousand years older than that so far excavated, and given that there is a gradual deterioration in quality and monumentality observed over the successive enclosures the oldest should be quite something.

The twin pillars in legend are of course reputed to be Ante-Diluvian dating back to the Golden Age of Virgo, there's a whole lot of esoteric doctrine derivative of them including the twin pillars of the Temple of Solomon and the triple column system of Freemasonry, were the third column would have been equated with the Mother in Sumerian tradition, the Celestial axis of Sirius based in Pegasus, which i noted here in Stairway to Sirius, these things are quite difficult to grasp without putting in actual observation to see the point of it all, but as you mention there was far more familiarity with the night skies in the past for the average person, and it is sad that connection has been lost for many.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

SnF interesting topic,

Yes duality exists in ancient history and has been portrayed in such symbolism depicted in your post. And it seems the H block is also part of the representation of duality through myths and legends of gods depicting the balance of nature.

I believe the Chinese Ying and Yang symbolism is also part of that representation of duality in ancient cultures.

edit on 12-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

It is but the oldest versions of that aren't Chinese they're Cucuteni-Trypillian culture ca. 4800 to 3000 BC, but as you say it will relate to the Celestial inter-relationship and also reeds in terms of Divination

top topics

join