It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some feminists want to destroy the net.(free speech).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I like money too.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I like her hair color.

I am not a gamer, and a little late to the party as I have no idea about this woman.
I think promoting more decency on the net is a good thing, why I am on ATS is because the t and c are so strong, and there is a difference to how I am spoken to here compared to other sites. As a female I tread wearily onto any other board and do not disclose gender.
People are disgraceful to each other on the net, male or female, and I'd suggest the UN speech should have been about the need to teach basic manners in society to the brats out there.

I can see slightly how this is a feminist issue, but I think it is a stretch, I think it is more about general harassment and poor behavior online.
Keyboard cowboys have no filter over their mouths so spew rubbish they wouldn't dare say in real life to someones face. The net is the best and worst thing to happen to us.

I would have liked her to have tried to promote decent online etiquette broadly, rather than gender specific.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Without people's freedom to comment in boxes below items on the Internet. The 'Found Poem' by Dave Gorman would never have come about?

Does that mean these would become illegal?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And woe to you, you wielder of penis

That gave me a very funny mental image of men walking like charlie chaplin but whirling round their appendage around rather than a walking stick, with an air of authority.

Anywhooooo...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think modern feminism is perpetuating an inferiority complex in women and that it's incredibly detrimental to real equality since so many women these days grow up feeling like the cards are stacked against them instead of actually feeling empowered and strong from simply being individuals.
edit on 10-10-2015 by Funcaldunkal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Funcaldunkal

Exactly its actually discouraging potential women from doing something great by let them know they are weak as hell, when in reality they are not.

Its like going to a person and tell them how they are not good enough and they need to buy these products to be better.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I agree with you BoyMonkey, the net should not be regulated like this. I really don't like the feminists that are involved in GamerGate. I am sympathetic with feminist views myself, but there is a lot of feminist propaganda that dis contorts the facts and realities about GamerGate. I will have to look into this further.
edit on 10pmSat, 10 Oct 2015 19:44:17 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Some of the online harassment like doxing (posting a victim's home address to the internet) or swatting (calling the swat team on a victim) are pretty serious. A lot of streamers get swatted. This is when someone makes it look like they are calling from the streamer's address and calls the police station and threatens violence, which causes the swat team to come and break down the streamer's door and harass them.

Stuff like this I could see being regulated more.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I was taught by my mentors, sustainable, relevant and objective. To force an issue you use extremism to force a compromise.

Just working my imagination

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The anti-gamergate side has become even more unhinged, ridiculous, and tragic which I thought was impossible. The sad thing is the anti-gamergate side has a ton of influence, the majority of the media on their side, and had stephen colbert/wil wheaton being yes men who wouldn't challenge Anita on any of her crap when they had the chance.
edit on 12-10-2015 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I like Janice Fiamengo- look up her videos. She has a smart view upon feminist hysteria.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join