It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Fema Camps for the 200,000 refugees headed for the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Only had to read the first two sentences to get the jist of your reply. I never said any were. I said they are trying to demand Sharia Law be put into place in various communities.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
BTW, you might want to have a look at the inscription at the bottom of the statue of Liberty.... should give you a clue on the sentiments that were believed to be at the heart of America - wasn't there something about bring me your huddled masses -

The French put those words there, not the Americans. France doesn't have any say in this matter. America has reached maximum occupancy, IMO. Doors should be closed to all and left closed until we resolve the unemployment crisis, crimes issues, and general malaise America has fallen into. "Remove the beam from our own eye before we worry about the speck in the eyes of our neighbors."

ETA: The plaque in question was actually the product of American poet Emma Lazarus, so to correct myself one American put those words there... not America as a whole.
edit on 25-9-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

BTW, you might want to have a look at the inscription at the bottom of the statue of Liberty.... should give you a clue on the sentiments that were believed to be at the heart of America - wasn't there something about bring me your huddled masses -

The French put those words there, not the Americans. France doesn't have any say in this matter. America has reached maximum occupancy, IMO. Doors should be closed to all and left closed until we resolve the unemployment crisis, crimes issues, and general malaise America has fallen into. "Remove the beam from our own eye before we worry about the speck in the eyes of our neighbors."

Not to mention, as my ancestors were European who came here, they assimilated to the laws of our country, NOT demand everyone else change to make them happy? They were happy for an opportunity for a better life. They didn't demand that the laws of the land be changed just because they didn't agree with them, but they assimilated to belong. They worked hard and obeyed the law, and for that I am thankful for what they did to provide me a better life. I can't imagine the hell hole of a world we would live in if people who hated the country they lived in came to other countries and demand those countries they came to become just like the countries they left! OH WAIT!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Only had to read the first two sentences to get the jist of your reply. I never said any were. I said they are trying to demand Sharia Law be put into place in various communities.

So, some vocal followers of Islam (which by the way I am not, although we share the same God) wish to implement Sharia law which by the way is a social or community thing, not a statute, and you believe that's a threat? Other faiths, Judaism being one practice their own version of this right now in the country you live in - does that also disturb you?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

ETA: The plaque in question was actually the product of American poet Emma Lazarus, so to correct myself one American put those words there... not America as a whole.

Good grief, that's scary, are you telling me they snuck the statue and the inscription in and no one had chance to review and approve it? My word, that's shocking, how could that possibly be?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Good grief, that's scary, are you telling me they snuck the statue and the inscription in and no one had chance to review and approve it? My word, that's shocking, how could that possibly be?

Few thoughts here, friend.
1. Ever read about the Trojan Horse?
2. That inscription was placed at a time in which the USA wasn't the leading impetus behind those huddled masses wanting to flee their home nations in the first place. Not so much today... The United States government, through their never ending game of war and sanctions, has once again screwed up a region. It's getting a little old to watch this government arm rebels, sanction the piss out of sovreign nations, and otherwise be constantly meddling in affairs which are none of their business, and then try to place the blame for masses of refugees on the shoulders of whatever foreign leader has run afoul of US policy.
3. Housing, clothing, feeding, sheltering, medicating, and otherwise providing for refugees from any country isn't the responsibility of the American tax payers. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

I don't think you understand the point. They are trying to corrupt our way of living. Sharia Law is not the way things are done in the United States. If they would like to leave the middle east and come here keep it in the privacy of your house hold. Don't demand everyone change to accommodate your beliefs.

Are they coming here to purposely corrupt our way of living (maliciously?), or are they coming here with dreams of a better place to live? I think this is a big question.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

I believe the Sharia demands they disrupt and take over all nations. I think its called a cultural jihad.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: TonyS

"when they are relocated, they'll probably end up in locations that already have substantial Muslim populations such as the Twin Cities, Dearbonistan, Detroit, etc."

That doesnt make me feel better. I would think it would be better to vet them and then locate them in areas where they would be forced to learn our language and way of life. If we just move them into "little Syria" within the cities, then they will have no incentive to assimilate into our society.

[i
Also, it seems to me that this approach of assimilation into the US, has a lot to do with why our cities are so over burdened, and becoming a "lost cause". In other words, our immigration issues are already killing our society. Believe me its a whole lot bigger than just Syria. I get that our govt is encouraging this, however, I live in one of those remnant areas, and Im not ready to roll over and just play dead.

Believe me, assimilation is the last thing on their minds. They don't care about assimilating. They ghettoize wherever they've gone and believe me, its for the best.

Then cities are slowly becoming Federal fiefdoms of concentrated poverty. In fact I've read several new articles about this recently. Immigration isn't the main reason that's happening; the main reason is corrupt governance. That's a story for a different day.

I'm really rather surprised at your vehemence in this; it's rather Quixotic, but just as pointless as jointing with windmills. What puzzles me is.....you state that you, (just as I am), live in one of the "remnants"; you don't even have any "skin" in the game, particularly if you're not working and paying taxes. My suggestion? Get some popcorn and your favorite adult beverage, prop your feet up in front of the telly and watch as the ensuing catastrophe unfolds! I admit, its kind of boring right now, but hey.....we have the spectacle of the Clown show of the elections to amuse us till next "Summer of Fun", riots and looting by the BLM bunch spectacle of 2016!
edit on 25-9-2015 by TonyS because: form

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Are they coming here to purposely corrupt our way of living (maliciously?), or are they coming here with dreams of a better place to live? I think this is a big question.

A better place to live? We have hungry and homeless people who have no place to live at all. So keep ignoring them and continue catering to others? Does that sound right or fair to you?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Housing, clothing, feeding, sheltering, medicating, and otherwise providing for refugees from any country isn't the responsibility of the American tax payers. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Yet we are forced to pay anyway. Look at how many years we have had illegal immigrants coming in by the millions for years. Our poor citizens suffer and struggle while foreigners are treated better. People are sick and tired of our own being ignored and shoved aside.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A better life? No they are supposed to be refugees seeking asylum until the country is stabilized so they can go back. They believe our ways are corrupt, but chose to come here.

Here is a simple way to look at the situation.

A revolution, or civil war breaks in the USA. Wow infrastructure is starting to get ruined. Food isn't over flowing off the shelves in fact no semis are coming anymore. We need a place to keep our woman, and children can be safe while us able bodied men take care of business. Canada the most logical choice. Their way of life mimics ours. They are our neighbor and friend. No real change in life style is needed. It is a simple transition.

We wouldn't send our woman and children to the middle east or even think of it. Their way of life in the opposite of ours. Wearing our clothes alone would get you killed in some places. Now take everything I just said and replace that with Syria, and their neighbor and friend Iran.

I'm sorry, but logic isn't being used by anyone in this refugee crisis.

My doctor moved to the United States from Syria in 86. Has florished, and taken advantage of the lifestyle. His mother and father refuse to leave Damascus, because that is home, and our way of life would be a culture shock. This is why Sharia law is being demanded. The culture shock. If they would have simply immigrated to another middle eastern country no transition is needed. Their way of life stays intact.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nfflhome

First I would agree that the goal is to take over our country. But it would take much more than you suggest, they would have to change our federal laws because contrary to popular opinion this country is not and never has been a democracy. It is a republic, and the citizens, if they choose to be, are armed.
The minute anyone attempts to impose sharia law on an armed citizen they will have a serious fight on their hands, us old vets and hillbillies won't stand for it. Several states have already made it virtually impossible to set up sharia courts. You can also bet that the FBI isn't yhe only organization watching Muslim groups, every state has an armed militia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join