It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Nefertiti's burial site given green light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The whereabouts of Egyptian Queen Nefertiti's long-lost tomb have remained unknown for centuries, but it's possible her remains are buried behind secret doors in the tomb of her 3,300-year-old son, Tutankhamun.

Nefertiti has continued to capture our collective imagination throughout the ages. Yet no trace has ever been found of the legendary "beautiful one" who ruled across Egypt at her husband's side.

Last month, the tantalizing theory swept armchair archaeologists the world over when Reeves published a report suggesting Nefertiti has been hiding in plain sight all along.

n his paper on the possible find, Reeves theorized that the size of Tutankhamun's tomb is "less than appropriate" for the final resting place of an Egyptian king. Instead he seems to have solved the conundrum that has baffled archaeologists for years by explaining that its inadequate size and unusual layout is because it is an extension of an earlier tomb originally designed for a queen.

Read more here

Woh, This is really great news . It will be interesting to see what they find . I am still reading the initial report , Just thought i would share this and get some info flowing .

Let me know your thoughts !

Kap

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Department of antiquities finally gona let em dig more??? Must be the new guy has an actual desire to uncover some past. Zahi Hawass never wanted to let anyone dig new sites. Always made for good interviews on Coast2Coast though.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Nice update on the initial breaking thread shared about the possibly finding. The traditional function of orbital side rooms were for storage. Happy to hear they are going to go further into investigating them. As stated interesting to see how this develops.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well I am confused.
Why would it take " a few years" to find out there are chambers there, if they are going to use ground penetrating radar?

And may be many years, if there are, to look in them?

I get the whole "Protect every detail" thing, but that just struck me as odd.

As well as calling it a "Portal". Is that normal in Archaeology? ( I really have no idea)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Where did you read it will take years? I must have missed that part. If you will please provide a reference.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Exciting! I've always had a huge interest in Akhenatons family

new topics

top topics

join