It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

103-year-old Georgia woman banned from her church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: C21H30O2I
a reply to: chr0naut

*yawn*

Look, Progesterone, the Christian Church from day one had speaking in tongues, healings, singing hymns and baptisms in the Holy Spirit. It's all there described plainly in the New Testament, it isn't some sort of traditional, late add-on.

The Baptist Church is built upon, and is an expression of, that same initial Christian Church. It does not condemn outward expression of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

This woman may believe that such is the case but it isn't true. It's a church, a group of believers, not her personal social club.

The quoted correspondence mentions that the minister took action with the agreement of the other members of the church but the woman's account places all the blame upon the minister. Normally a Baptist Church is governed by a Diaconate of elders. These deacons actually employ the minister,the minister does not tell the Diaconate what to do.

That is why I suggested that there must be other information that we are not privvy to.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Someone should be along shortly to tell you the reverend is not a real Christian. Oddly enough, I hear that a lot from "real" Christians.

She is right though. The Baptists are not a charismatic denomination. They don't do the tongues and "dancing" in the spirit stuff. He needs to go preach at an "Assembly of God" church. There, he will be appreciated.

I agree with the second part of your post but not the first. Really, how often are you going to see a thread on ATS "Christian turns other cheek" "Christian visits man in jail" "Christian family serve homeless thier Christmas meals"? Is it because it doesn't happen? Or is it the nature of the people on this site?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So . A church can ban someone . Christianity at its finest .

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
So . A church can ban someone . Christianity at its finest .

There are lots of reasons a church can ban someone:

1 Cor 5:11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don't even eat with such people.

2 John 10 If anyone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don't invite that person into your home or give any kind of encouragement.

I think the this case however is a case of humanity at its finest.

edit on 16/9/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Ya but banning someone that is causing harm or is just doing, uncalled for rude behavior, I understand. but banning someone for not agreeing with the church...Don't that go against what the bible and all that they stand for. Look I know "religious folks do some heinous acts. Religion, so muddy... I'm happy I don't participate. That is solidified daily!! Thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

The vast majority of mainline denominational churches have been infiltrated and have very little to do with REAL Christianity.

This is why the resemblance to the early church is practically nonexistent....

...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

"90% of the Southern Baptist hierarchy are Freemasons. There is also a high percentage of Christian leadership from the Lutheran and United Methodist churches are Masons. This would explain why Ecumenism has spread so easily. ...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Infiltration of Freemasonry

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?" JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

...most of our institutions are infiltrated and run by racists, satanists, perverts and criminals, often masquerading as devout and God-fearing Christians.

Did the Illuminati Exterminate Canadian Indian Children?

In the late forties the Illuminati wanted to infiltrate the churches because they understood the power of God within the structure of the church, and they had to find a way to infiltrate the church to break down that spiritual strength within the church, the power of the holy spirit that works within the church. They had to find a way to infiltrate that, and they wanted to bring the world into the churches so that the churches wouldn't be so strong spiritually. That was part of my father's job.

The method the illuminati used to infiltrate the organized church

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

Brazilian ex-Satanist Daniel Mastral is one of many former Satanists who talk about this (BabelFish translation):

In his work, Mastral tells the infiltration of Satanists in the Christian, whether in churches, in hospital chaplaincy in evangelical seminaries or colleges. The objective of these leaks would weaken the Christian work, through seduction, slander and incantations.

Being that it was because of one of these infiltrations, which Mastral have been converted to the Gospel and been freed from alleged Brotherhood, six years after his admission, by the hands of the "Pr Brinti ", whose real name is Pastor Luiz Zitti (in memoriam), who was then pastor of the Baptist church Morumbi.

Link is Dead - Google it

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Murgatroid, thanks for all that info!! So, it's basically all lies!? Agenda pushers...... Straight BS!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If she intends to keep attending church and getting something out of it, she needs a new one; this church is clearly taking a path that she is not interested in following (and I can't blame her).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join