It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning a road trip on the USA, looking for advice!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Whatever you do, where ever you go. . . drive the posted speed limit.

Rental car driving around in the south to the north?

You're a target.

I second what Beezer advised.

However, if you do find yourself stopped for speeding offer the officer a significant amount of cash, say $10-15, to get out of the ticket.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm an American, and even I've been advised to not get lost in the deep south.

It might be cool to not drive the major roads elsewhere, but I think you ought to stick to the main freeways in the deep south...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
However, if you do find yourself stopped for speeding offer the officer a significant amount of cash, say $10-15, to get out of the ticket.

PLEASE don't do that.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

PLEASE don't do that.

Don't worry, I won't. I watch TruTV a lot lol

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It might be cool to not drive the major roads elsewhere, but I think you ought to stick to the main freeways in the deep south...

Thanks, this is good advice.
Coming from South America, when I'm in the US, everything feels safer. Therefore, I might overlook certain dangers.
I guess I wil just try not to drive during the night, and ask for directions in case I want to take a local road.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Come on cuz, nothing to be afeered of, we all got our squirrel guns and moonshine, and the best looken women in the states ( Ellie May), Some of our family trees have branches, some don't.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Okay, you do raise a good point about the Moonshine, also the food is pretty good. . .

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you decide to leave the coast hop over to I 85 out of Atlanta. Follow that up you will go through Chattanooga TN. Lots of history there. Ruby Falls is beautiful and underground. from there you can go to Gatlinburg Tn or a place called Cades Cove that I highly recommend. It is in the Great smokey Mtns. park. The scenic trip to get there and Cades Cove are beautiful. Close to South Carolina so, if you wanted you could head back to I 95 or take 85 up and the 2 interstates will finally merge.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Nickn3

Okay, you do raise a good point about the Moonshine, also the food is pretty good. . .

Can I actually get moonshine?
What about food, I'm guessing cajun style region is further down south right, in Louisiana?
I know Maryland has some famous crabcakes, I'd love to try that.

(post by tracyg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
When some think of a vacation, they immediately conjure up images of beaches and drinks served in exotic fruits, pool side. However, a growing number of people see a vacation as the perfect time to try something new, joey houssian. Something that gets the adrenaline pumping and entices the natural curiosity we all have. These people are adventure tourists.

(post by yasminedrake removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I dream to make such trip! To travel America by car.
But in my plan it's from New York to Los Angeles.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join