It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Deputies Shooting Man With Hands Up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would like to add something everyone here may not be aware of.

Officers have duty shotguns in their vehicles, and it look to me like this guy was trying to get it, but I could be wrong. It appears the drivers door was open, so maybe the passenger was open too?

I see the officers back away from their own vehicle as the man yells something, and goes over to their police car. To me it looked like he was trying to get at their duty shot gun, and that is why they backed up rather quickly, and took a stance.

What doesn't make sense is why they shot him.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Witness: Deputies shot unarmed man

SAN ANTONIO - A second witness to a fatal shooting involving Bexar County sheriff's deputies Friday said the suspect did not pose a threat to the deputies when he was shot.

The witness, who asked to remain nameless, was inside his car near the intersection of Cross Mountain Trail and Walnut Pass when Bexar County Sheriff's deputies Greg Vasquez and Robert Sanchez approached 41-year-old Gilbert Flores.

"I could see everything. The guy was holding a chair then threw the chair down on the ground. He had no top on, no shirt. [The deputy] had a hand on the shield and one on the gun, and they were slowly coming in on the guy," the witness said.

The witness said from his vantage point Flores appeared to be unarmed and was not posing a threat to the deputies.

"There's no weapon from that point, because I saw him throw the chair down, walk over to the deputies," he said. "He wasn't threatening anybody."

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Great Post.

This is cold blooded murder as far as I'm concerned.

Rebel 5

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The man was no threat at the moment he was killed. If he had a knife they would of released it immediately to the quell the uproar against the Sheriff's office. If one appears after a few days It will be a convenient plant. Running backs jiggle their hips to confuse tacklers and cops make motions with their hands and feet to check under immediatly but also use the motion cover the butt and allow speculation as we see here or insert their fear excuse later.

These type of shootings happen on a regular basis all over the U.S. and it seems most cops think it's alright. They claim they saw movement, what appeared to be a weapon, they feared for their lives etc. Those with non-lethal weapons or stowed away weapons with no intention to use have no chance and the police have most of the media on their side and always insinuating fear for their lives as an unquestionable automatic excuse. The media plays the same wordst over and over again and again police feared for their lives thus it is okay blah blah blah.

Lets face it, allot of police are sociopath bullies waiting for a smart mouth to disrespect them so the can pop a cap into their brain and take a paid vacation to get their fishing boat or Harley ready for summer.

edit on 9/2/15 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The first question I would ask is why weren't these cops wearing body cameras?

I've been watching that show on National Geographic 'Southern Justice' and whenever the police are called out to a disturbance they put on camera glasses, so everything is recorded from the cops perspective. But it seems when a documentary crew isn't there, the police never feel the need to follow this protocol. Why is that?

Secondly, why did they even have there guns pulled on this man? Why didn't they attempt to subdue him with a taser or pepper spray?

The fact is, whenever police are called out to a disturbance, theirs obviously a high likelihood they're going to encounter people that are not in a stable mental state who will be behaving irrationally. It should come as no surprise that the police usually get called when people are at there lowest. Yeah, its a damn shame that us humans are at times unable to control our emotions in a civilized manner, but it's a fact of life and it doesn't mean people deserve to cope a bullet!

Clearly police aren't being trained appropriately enough to understand the concept of there own job description, when there first reaction is to go for there gun when a suspect is being uncooperative.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Such a thing would be inconvenient.

I've been watching that show on National Geographic 'Southern Justice' and whenever the police are called out to a disturbance they put on camera glasses, so everything is recorded from the cops perspective. But it seems when a documentary crew isn't there, the police never feel the need to follow this protocol. Why is that?

It's a liability to beat the crap out of/kill someone on camera. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen, though. See also: Danny Norton.

Secondly, why did they even have there guns pulled on this man? Why didn't they attempt to subdue him with a taser or pepper spray?

His deadly, life threatening palms.

The only thing that matters is that the cop goes home at the end of his shift. Disagree with that, and you have blood on your hands. Literally. At least, that's what FOP says.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Ah, yes.

America, no longer home of freedom of speech. No longer home of innocent until proven guilty.

America: Home of trial by the media. America: home of the Offended.

Let's not collect all the data before deciding guilt, let's just form an opinion and then hang-em.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If this has been posted, I apologize.

Second Video Brings Clarity to Shooting

A second video has emerged that offers “more clarity” about the fatal police shooting of a suspect in Texas who appeared to put his hands up before being killed, the local district attorney told NBC News on Wednesday.

“It’s a better angle and much closer. It brings more clarity to the situation,” he said, declining to provide further detail on the content of the video.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I will refrain from judgment until the 2nd video is released.

If they killed him, and he was indeed unarmed, then the need to stand trial.

However, they did say this video was the end of a 20 minute ordeal with this man, trying to get him into custody. He stabbed or cut the woman and child in the house, and was armed with a knife when they arrived. The office does kick an object away twice, after the shooting. Might just be said knife.

If he did harm the woman and child, and was resisting for 20 minutes, then my guess is he didn't want to go to jail for his crimes. I know, shocking.

And if that's the case, and if he DID have a knife in his left hand, then it's a different story. Sounds like suicide by cop.

But again, IF he was unarmed, they need to go to trial.

I feel the most sad for the woman and child he harmed.
edit on 2-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The hand you didn't see held a knife, seen in the second, closer video.
a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
In defense of the police, many criminals escalate the situation and refuse to follow a simple order to submit. Police are armed, why would anyone in their right mind run, argue or refuse to submit? Considering how unarmed suspects are being shot by police, it should be a wake-up call to anyone dealing with police. We can record police with cell phones and now more and more police are wearing body cameras. It's better to fight abuse of power in a court of law rather than risking your life at the hands of a trigger happy police officer!

That is precisely why people are being difficult and not submitting instantly. Submission can very easily mean suicide. If someone comes up to you, armed, aggressive, convinced you did something wrong, and that you're looking for any excuse to attack them it's logical to try and get far away from that person.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Not all departments are using them yet. Like any technology it takes time to adopt. To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure if body cameras are a success. It seems like all they're doing is making the problem worse by showing us even more incidents of cops killing citizens that aren't a threat.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

These videos are depressing. IMO I don't think people understand what really is going on..

Its the same way they apply their tatics in war. Best way to kill the enemy, is to confuse them and have them kill themselves. Just look at all the wars they have started between people as they just seem to sit back and watch everything burn. Of course aiding here and there..

1. People are "truly" upset at the elite establishment and the powers ruining/ruling our lives.

2. The LE are being used like pawns to fuel the anger.

3. Now they can create a conflict between the people so fueled with anger and fear they will being to kil each other.
(yes LE are just everyday human beings like the rest of us, and to the elite theres no difference)

4. The overall goal is distraction from the true enemy, conflct within the people. Making it seem as we are uniting (which is starting to happen now) but really creating further seperation.

In my eyes this just seems like moves in a war, and we are the enemy. Both people and LE are confused and upset. Its about time We All wake up to whats really going on!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin96

Has the second video been posted somewhere? People keep referring to it but I haven't been able to find it actually posted.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Murder that is.
What is wrong with the police in the USA? it is crazy.

I don't care If he had a knife grown men can disarm a person with a knife.

edit on 3-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hands up!

Don't shoot!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yup the way it's handled now is just bad. The other nations police handle things a lot better it seems most time. While this isn't all nations, I do know a few nation where the police are more trigger happy then in the US (strange as it sound, they just don't report on it like they do in the US)

There is an article out now saying he was armed with a knife. But I find it odd that when we heard the report of the other video that wasn't being shown they said it would back up he wasn't armed at the time of the shooting. Also there was a second witness that also didn't want to be named that said he wasn't. But hey we've see bad and fake witness reports be for. But I'd like to know what happened to that other video. Also hear they used audio to during the shooting to hear the details. Not sure what that came from they didn't say.

As I've said be for, the guy might have not been a saint, but we have a due process system here, and part of the police job is to make sure you live to see it. But I guess the skim over that in the current training.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

When it comes to bad people misbehaving and acting like idiots...I am all for mowing them down. You stab people? You have nothing to say when you get shot.

You get aggressive with cops? Too stupid for words. Run from cops to avoid arrest because you are an effing crook? Eff ya.

90% of these situations would not happen at all if they werent too stupid to avoid conflict. It's like all the responsibility to avoid conflict rests on the cops shoulders. Why is that? Why is there no responsibility on the part of the idiots involved?

Dont get me wrong... there are bad cops! They should be prosecuted when they break the law!!

But GD it, there is no discourse around the assholes who get shot because they were antisocial losers who resort to violence and crime to avoid a job or whatever reason they use to justify criminal and violent activities.

Oh, yeah. Not their fault. They have excuses. Cops have no excuses. It's society's fault there are criminals. Whose fault is it that after seeing the worst that humanity has to offer day in and day out that cops become jaded and resort to violence in potentially dangerous situations?

Having a one sided discourse regarding bad cops without having the SAME effing conversation about bad citizens is pointless and will accomplish nothing positive. The existence of both sides of the coin are related.

I am semi-retired. I spent a few months working at a section 8 property. I felt sorry for the children. I felt sorry for a few of the residents there. The rest are ... trash. They made their choices and continue to make their choices. Bad choices. I am not saying these people have no worth in their lives, but frankly, by the way they live they apparently do not believe their lives have much worth. That is what needs to be changed. That will never change until we eliminate the PC police and have honest and brutal discourse, as a nation, about the problems that result in ghettos, cheap lives, violence and crime.

Sorry, but simply pointing at poverty is BS.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A police spokesman (seen on CNN) said they were reviewing the footage and deferring judgement until it had been studied. According to the spokesman, the "missing hand", the one obscured by the telephone pole, held a knife. The unreleased video was shot much closer to the scene.
a reply to: Shamrock6

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join