It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telekinesis discussion anyone?😊

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Ok, the first statement and logical fallacy you point to, is an anecdote because, uh I have no idea where I made the case that, "being unable to explain SOME things, means Everything is real" you're gonna have to bold that part of my reply, otherwise, you're just stating random fallacy's,that don't apply therefor I'm not going to argue it or defend a position I didn't take, but it is humorous this arguing tactic I will remember it,and employ it for laughs with less intelligent people. Thank you for the laughs

Maybe you need to read your posts again.

No evidence to support what? Are you suggesting we live in a universe where strange and inexplicable events do not occur? My argument, is indeed based on the fact that we live in a universe where strange and inexplicable things do occur!

Further, I don't need to be reminded of the thread topic, and indeed it falls under 'strange and inexplicable'

Your posts say we live in a universe where inexplicable events happen, and TK falls under inexplicable, therefore it can't be invalid. So your logic is saying EVERYTHING inexplicable is valid because SOME things are inexplicable.

Now that we have that cleared up, back to my point. This HAS been investigated, and no evidence has ever been found, just stories which can never be backed up.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

(No, I am saying that TK is not invalid because it is inexplicable;that you cannot judge validity because of the nature a phenomenon falls under)and surely has an explanation,as All things that are seemingly Inexplicable do. We just are not always in a position to answer those things immediately.

The only way to determine validity is through investigation, it would be prudent not to close parameters just because something doesn't fit into your notion of how things should be, this is not an argument on wether this is an inexplicable phenomenon this is an argument on wether this should be further investigated, and I believe it does warrant because of eye witness testimony.

There really isn't any argument, I am not suggesting Santa clause should be investigated, I am however saying if multitudes of reports from normally sane adults claiming they were seeing Santa clause's fat ass coming down the damn chimney, then I would say it warrants investigation. You however would say, they were all psychotic. Your logic says because you feel something is invalid it requires no investigation.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The only way to determine validity is through investigation

Did you read nothing I wrote and just chose to argue? That's exactly what I said. It HAS been investigated. Every investigation ends in the same way, no evidence to support it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I personally believe that there is a parallel flow of information yet unaccessed , aka the collective unconscious. I believe that the mind interacts with reality more than we currently understand, Carl Jung is one I look to for answers into the strange and inexplicable, so I have my personal beliefs.

That have the backing of a theoretical psychologist who arguably shaped modern day theory of the mind, I think that it's possible phenomenon can manifest and have a quasi 'real' objective state. Because of archetypes , and the collective ebbs and flows of stressors.

So I see a lot of this as a deep rooted psychological phenomenon, and that would explain the hit and miss behavior, and the inability to reproduce in a lab setting. Now this is a hypothesis, and a short one. The way to approach this and investigate this is what I have been alluding to. I have said again and again ,what is the proper way to investigate, atleast for me is the question. I hope that helps you understand where I am coming from.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

And I believe that if this ability existed then it could be demonstrated, investigations always come up empty. If someone has actual evidence to offer I would be interested. Otherwise, the evidence says it's not real. You agreed if it's real it needs to be proven through investigation.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Yes, but if my hypothesis is right than lab investigations will prove Invalid, and we need a different approach and another way, short of holding a Truman show type test I'm not sure how we investigate such things because as I've stated I believe they are manifestations of the collective unconscious. Not predictable with our current understanding.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

No offense but to me that sounds like a cop out. I am always open though to evidence. Right now, that evidence says it's not real.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I understand which is honestly why I didn't want to divulge further because I have a very logical mind myself and see that it could be flawed, and that the idea needs a lot more development. I truly believe it's the type of investigation, like I said I don't have an answer. It's not a cop out and I'm not offended.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I meant when I said I am open to actual evidence, I think the idea is awesome and it would be amazing if it's true. I WANT it to be true. Sadly that isn't enough. I think there may be some things that are 'strange' that may turn out to be right, this just isn't one of them for me.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Just for bantering purposes, care to share on of those 'strange' things that might have validity? I'm honestly curious brother

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

So is it safe to assume that you didn't read any of the info provided? Nor understand the concept I was trying to imply?
And if you don't agree with it, why? Because right off the bat you pretty much said, "Doesn't exist'' and "No evidence". I understand mainstream science says no provable evidence, but what of even the concept I presented?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yes. Indeed.
These pk and tk is possible.
Reminds me of times focusing on objects.
To slow them down. And I laugh as a kid. Thinking I was successful.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 There have been strange things witnessed and reported, nothing that could be controlled on purpose or if it actually was done by the person, but usually the person seems to be under some kind of unknown influence at the time by an entity. It is more than telepathy or TK, there have been several reports with eye witness accounts of them producing water and manipulating it to move around the location in odd directions. I don't know what to think of it. Poltergeist activity (what ever we assume it is) activity seen or witness seems to be with people ill, young, or premenstrual. Could this mean there is a possible connection to a persons chemical balance and our using the brain?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh yeah, for what it's worth...

I also wanna add I saw repeatable PK with my father and clouds. He could make them dissipate with intense, draining concentration and I saw it on several occasions... and no, it wasn't some mistake or trick ... I've never seen multiple, dark cumulus clouds get holes in the middle (doughnut shaped) in the space of several seconds before or since.

He said he didn't go to a lab for testing simply because he did not want to be bothered or dissected... and that many people already knew all about it... valid points, imo. I sorta wish he had... due to the chiding I've encountered in the years since then when I've told the story, but then again, other incidents have been documented in labs and then dismissed as unbelievable, so ... oh well.

Those of us who have seen it and are convinced, know... but I get those who remain dubious. I had to see it to believe it, too. Maybe whatever unseen powers I think might exist hide this ability... from ourselves. My father thought anyone with enough concentration could do it... but, so far, I can't, so maybe it's only some that have "it."

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I definitely think it is possible. Pushing energy out through one's hands and making something move. I know the biggest example of this is the common practice of the "PSI wheel" (paper wheel on top of a needle). I know there are people who claim that they have done it with a container around the "PSI wheel". I'm sure there are youtube videos of it, although it'd be easy to fake if you're knowledgable with magic tricks.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to move anything slightly heavy, or, if it is possible to move things from a distance by only using one's mind.

If you think "CHI" is not real, try making a PSI ball. Is it a mind trick or is it energy being formed into a ball? Either way, it'd give one a taste into the realm of PSI/CHI control practices.

In my opinion, I wouldn't see the point of practicing telekinesis. What's the point of being able to move a paper wheel beyond showing off to friends?

edit on 2-9-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 3-9-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm wondering if my OP just turned into an argument, of if this is a real phenomenon or not, that wasn't the point in the slightest. I hoped what was presented, would of at least made an argument of HOW it could of even been possible. If mods are watching please trash bin this thread because it turned into the opposite of my intentions. To the rest of ATS, sorry, maybe it'll turn out better next time.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Can we not have a single paranormal thread (on a CT forum) without some pre-determined debunker trying to derail with every post??

We get it it. You don't believe the OP is plausible. K, bye.

To the topic...
I think there could be some truth in the OP, and not just because it can't be disproved. There have been many experiments on the power of the human mind that yielded intriguing results. Anyone interested should look up the science of noetics.
noetic.org...

The first time I saw a brown recluse spider in my apartment (no prior indication of a pest problem), it was under a dish in the sink. I went to put the dishes in the washer, and as I was about to reach under the plate an image of a spider flashed in my mind. I paused long enough to assure myself I was being irrational then lifted the dish, revealing a large spider. I am not arachnophobic and have never been bitten by a dangerous spider. Part of the reason I hesitated at the thought of a spider was that it was strange for me to think of them at all.

Wish I could think of a better example, but the when these things happen a person tends to assume simple coincidence and forget about it. If things like this are not just coincidence, then is it precognition or are we manifesting the results we want to see?
edit on 3-9-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
imo its possible but you have to put your life in it

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Telekinesis is just an extreme form of manifestation, and manifestation is statistical chance control. Technically by quantum principles, anything can happen but things like levitation have an infinitesimal statistical probability. The closest thing to telekinesis I have witnessed is someone influencing a camera light that flashed every 6 seconds and had a double flash one out of every 4 flashes on average. She made it double flash eleven times in a row, which has a 1 out of 4194304 possibility. It's the same as a coin landing on heads 22 times.

The telekinesis occurred under conditions of trauma and the absolute faith that it was possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join