It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix, From Joe Rogan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: robhines

Have you seen Koyaanisqatsi?

Must see…

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: robhines

Have you seen Koyaanisqatsi?

Must see…

Nope, looks interesting though so will try to watch it soon, thanks!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is a theory that some big physicists are taking seriously!
edit on 28amFri, 28 Aug 2015 09:57:50 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Simulacrums...All I see are stacks of simulacrums...All the way up. What is real if every symbol is based on another symbol? Only the idea animates an object instance of a symbol. Thusly, the mind creates reality.

-MM
edit on 28-8-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why has it taken so long for VR headsets to come out? I mean the Occulus has been "in development" forever. Morpheus by Sony isn't out...

Hololens is just augmented reality -- not true virtual reality.

Where the hell is virtual reality? It's 2015 for crying out loud!

We went from putting our first man in space to putting a man on the moon in 10 years. Ten freaking years! And you're telling me that 40+ years later we don't have real, working virtual reality I can buy at the store? What?

I have a robot that cleans my floors and a litter box that cleans itself...yet I can't have virtual reality? We really need to prioritize better, less instagramming and snap-chatting and more cutting edge virtual reality hardware and software please. I don't want to swipe right or find women on tinder, I want to create an avatar and run around inside a virtual world!

Come on silicon valley people, get your heads in the game and give us VR already!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Once you get over the uncomfortable part that your current creation is simpler than you imagined, you should be comfortable with the fact that you exist elsewhere in a dimension where in relation to this one you might exist for thousands of years.

Since, we're speculating about at some point creating a virtual world indistinguishable from reality, how many nested virtual levels would be above us at this point, infinite perhaps?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Here's another good video from Joe Rogan, sometimes he talks about some very deep stuff. The part about life being the most intense psychedelic trip ever was intriguing.

"I'm piloting this ****in' flesh vehicle around some sort of dimension filled with other flesh vehicles, if I didn't know what this was, if I came from a neutral standpoint and looked at human behavior moving around the planet, it would be the most psychedelic **** ever."

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Maybe there's a conspiracy here.
think about it.

What if.....say, our reality is a holographic one. We step into a holographic simulation and at first nothing too unusual, but as you play longer, days, weeks, months, you get used to some of the glitches while others are constantly being patched.

Maybe even one day whilst logged in, the programmer implements a minor patch, not neccesary for users to log out. The update inadvertently gives the user a glimpse of Deja Vu or something so similar to what we experience here that it shatters their existence.

Hey, why not.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My question: now that you've discovered the truth about our constructed reality, what will happen to you?
Are the Overlords going to allow you to pollute the minds of others, or are they going to silence you?

edit on 29-8-2015 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Cool video.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Joe Rogan is correct. The point is actually moot (for most of us)
because of what most of us believe.

If you are religious, then what you believe (if you are completely
honest) is that YOU ARE living in a virtual reality--just like
in the movie Avatar. Your soul is housed inside a robot that it
controls. This robot is NOT YOU--it is simply a vehicle for you to
plug into, control, and utilize to experience this strange virtual
reality you find yourself in.

In the end, the robot wears out (or gets broken beyond repair),
and the soul departs.

Athiests are omitted, because they believe their consciousness
arose as part of the animal that they are, and that it will
die with the animal, and they will completely cease to be
at that point--sort of like an "actor" in a SIMS game, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Q33323
My question: now that you've discovered the truth about our constructed reality, what will happen to you?
Are the Overlords going to allow you to pollute the minds of others, or are they going to silence you?

Maybe someone truly awake would silence themselves to an extent, knowing that the consequences of trying to wake people up en masse could be far worse than just leaving them to their own devices. They probably wouldn't purge everyone awake from the program either, it'd be like playing whack-a-mole, especially with the amount of meditators waking up and so on, and/or that amount of silencing could act like a major glitch in the program and start waking many others up who noticed something was seriously off.

So it could be that they'd just accept it to an extent (especially when you add in the "self-silencing" aspect of those awakened, if that's the case mostly), and try to keep a check on the bigger picture. But at some point, people would probably start waking up in large numbers, maybe just naturally. The question then might be whether or not the "Overlords" would at that stage start falling under the control of more awakened beings, who are trying to help the rest of the population naturally come back to their true awareness.

The whole thing could just get reset or something several times as well, but there'd probably have to be some other conclusion at some point.
edit on 29-8-2015 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The program itself could be completely neutral too, with the overlords simply being a major faction within it. In that case, they simply wouldn't be able to silence some of the awakened, they wouldn't have the ability to. In that situation it'd probably be good for them that the awakened were mostly self-silencing.

The not self-silencing ones who go on a crusade of sorts might not be fully awake, which would mean that at some point on the path to awakening, there's a chaotic stage where you either go on a crusade, or keep to the path and wake up properly.

So it could be that the crusaders would only be partly awake and more likely to be silenced, with the real awakened mainly being left alone (but still trolled from time to time by the overlords, even if the overlords couldn't cause too much damage to them personally.)

Final point : the "self-silencing" wouldn't mean awakened didn't help. They'd help those who wanted to wake up and found them, but not broadcast the fact that they were awake and just help more naturally.

That could explain a couple of things, like the awakened not "declaring" themselves awake (no reason to do that, ego transcended, etc), and the saying "Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." (to an extent.)
edit on 29-8-2015 by robhines because: final point bit

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ok, I won't lie, I had some snarky response for this, mostly because I am dealing with the experience of my job being phased out due to automated tech/algorithms etc (MDs beware, you are next!) but I really wonder. Experientially, it is happening before my very eyes...

I don't like the future. I have NO place in it, and neither do the 98% of you.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sometimes, I feel like a thread killer. Sorry for the input.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join