It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between pleasure and Happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Pleasure is making yourself feel good regardless of others. Happiness is feeling good with others.

Without Love, there is no Happiness only temporary pleasure. Eating a delicious meal by yourself is pleasure, but eating a delicious meal with others is Happiness.

It's the moments of Happiness with others that turns into Loving Memories. True happiness is being Loved and Loving others.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

It's the moments of Happiness with others that turns into Loving Memories. True happiness is being Loved and Loving others.

That much will do well enough...easy does.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ones more long term and more memorable then the other, since pleasure can be considered a sensual thing, and momentarily.

But it was a pleasure dropping in...

edit on 23-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
for me....pleasure is going out fishing...happiness is catching something i can eat

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Without knowing sorrow, you would never know what happiness nor pleasure is. Whatever context you use it in, doesnt really matter if you dont understand the opposite. A hungry man takes pleasure in food, while feasting his happiness knows no boundaries. The rich man looks at the hungry man with joy watching the hungry man dine with pleasure.

Everything with joy fits in your own ego. Feel the pain of hunger if you want to know happiness with others.
edit on 23-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My first inclination was to agree with this wise statement. But then I remembered that a psychopath or sociopaths happiness can feel real to them without having to be empathetic to others. a reply to: yulka

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChrisVH

Then id say 95 percent of this world are major psychopaths

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

But pleasure is temporary. Happiness shared with others becomes an important, happy memory.
edit on 23-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

still ego, as long as you think your happiness its wrong even tho its through others, you need to find happiness within you.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Finding "happiness" in your own separate world is loneliness. Happiness is shared with others.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

Without knowing sorrow, you would never know what happiness nor pleasure is. Whatever context you use it in, doesnt really matter if you dont understand the opposite. A hungry man takes pleasure in food, while feasting his happiness knows no boundaries. The rich man looks at the hungry man with joy watching the hungry man dine with pleasure.

Everything with joy fits in your own ego. Feel the pain of hunger if you want to know happiness with others.

I don't agree with that at all. If I tickle a baby, it will laugh. It doesn't have to know what it feels like to get beaten in order to understand what it feels like to get tickled.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Pleasure is making yourself feel good regardless of others. Happiness is feeling good with others.

Is it not also possible to bring pleasure to others?
Is it not also possible to feel happiness when alone?

Without Love, there is no Happiness only temporary pleasure. Eating a delicious meal by yourself is pleasure, but eating a delicious meal with others is Happiness.

Pleasure is always temporary and happiness does not depend on love.

It's the moments of pleasure that turn into happy memories.

You seem to have some very unthought views on this subject and should rethink perhaps.

Nothing I say above is written in stone, but at least it makes more sense.

Cheers.

edit on 24/8/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if eating a delicious meal with your robot loved one sitting next to you will result it happiness?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Pleasure is making yourself feel good regardless of others.

Fail. I share pleasure with others when we laugh at a good movie. Pleasure is a synonym of happy.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't know I feel like a lot of things can be done without love. I find that love is like an amplifier of things such as for hatred such as if scorned by an ex or enhanced due to a significant other making you feel that way. I think it can also be different for those of us who enjoy that time by ourselves especially if we are always surrounded by others.

top topics

join