It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in the bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No problem bro its a good thing i found them cause i know i posted it a while ago, hope you get all the information your seeking

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I read this book awhile back that covers most of the tidbits mentioned here and more:

The Yahweh Encounters: Bible Astronauts, Ark Radiations and Temple Electronics

Really entertaining read if you're interested in this topic.

Product Description:
This astonishing analysis of the Bible reveals that the Scriptures are filled with technological data, and speak of a visitation to earth by celestial beings who created man. Strong evidence is presented that the Exodus tabernacle and the temple of Solomon, with the ark as centerpiece, were microwave transceivers comminicating with orbiting spaceships. "The Yahweh Encounters" also examines Biblical predictions of 21st century technology including orbiting thought -control devices and laser exterminators; a comparison of ancient and modern UFOs; and Biblical descriptions of the horrors of a one-world dictatorship and end-time cosmic disasters, to occur just before the return of Jesus and the spaceships. Three of the twelve chapters include circuit descriptions involving plasma physics, crystal lasers, ionic loudspeakers, sonic holography, microwave resonators, and twelve six-foot diameter metal dish antennas on wheels. The plan of the construction and operating procedures (rituals) were taken directly from the Bible passages of God's plans given to Moses and Solomon.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok, I'm sure everyone has seen this stuff, or at least something similar... but heres a little more icing for the cake im baking....

www.ufoartwork.com...
www.bibleufo.com...
www.marsearthconnection.com...
www.ancientx.com...
dudeman.net...
www.crystalinks.com...

Now lets see someone tell me all that art work is coincidence.

*edit... The first 2 deal with more biblical as well. I took art in high school for 3 years.. my art teacher was Teacher of the year, it was awhile ago, but I guess he was on TV, etc... Anyways, how he explained art work from these times (almost all artwork pre-1800s) was that they would look at something and copy it straight usually... People at this time were into a form of art called Realism (I mean come on REAL-ism)- they would draw/paint/scuplt things that were important in real life. And these websites show many examples of this... Jesus and Mary.... The queen/other ruler or whatnot...
enjoy

[edit on 31-12-2004 by shanerz]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
of course the Bible and everything in it is far more advance than us humans can ever imagine. Computers does exist example the scroll thats over everyones head recording all u say and do. the angels which fly quickly down to earth on a wheel. come on just cause u dont see it every day dosnt mean its not real. Heaven and all thats in it is alein to us.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The UFO dropped him off ,Mary became his adoptive mother, He was from another Planet. Whats it all mean ? I cant understand the Bible and those that can, can not agree . What are we doing here? fighting, killing our fellow man , for thousands of years just wars. Just does'nt make sense. We will never know. We live We die. were will the world be in 50 years from now, i mean Geez we did not even have transistors, computers,etc 50 years ago were did all the technology SUDDENLY come from? To many Unknowns!! Looking for UFOs leave me cold, just paintings and drawings get me the REAL evidence, to many dreamers out there.....

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Actually Shanerz I'm not so sure if everything was realism. Surely there were some symbolism in art involved? Just found this site that does a pretty good job at debunking some of the more popular art considered to be depicting UFOs.

www.sprezzatura.it...

Conclusions:

In the Visoki Decani Crucifixion fresco there are no UFOs. The two objects near the cross are anthropomorphic symbols of the Sun and the Moon, represented in much the same way as they are in many other Byzantine Crucifixions.

That was one of the paintings that stood out for me when I first saw it and did a quick research and found this out. I was a bit dismayed when I read this because it makes sense and I'm the type that wants to believe...

There are still so many more "odd" paintings and artwork, but what many ufo-related websites lack when posting these work is context and background.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kageki
Actually Shanerz I'm not so sure if everything was realism. Surely there were some symbolism in art involved? Just found this site that does a pretty good job at debunking some of the more popular art considered to be depicting UFOs.

www.sprezzatura.it...

I can see how people could interpret those as ufos but I also see how they can represent the sun but why the people inside? And the second picture looks like the person is in a space suit...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sure I can see the sun and moon symbolism/idealism, but yes why the people in them, the space suit? As well, the so many other paintings that dont just depict something that could possibly represent a sun and a moon, but more of an elliptical shaped object/objects that are flying (sometimes in uniform) in the air.... POssibly they are birds, but some of the work makes it look very unlikely it isnt some sort of technology...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
Sure I can see the sun and moon symbolism/idealism, but yes why the people in them, the space suit? As well, the so many other paintings that dont just depict something that could possibly represent a sun and a moon, but more of an elliptical shaped object/objects that are flying (sometimes in uniform) in the air.... POssibly they are birds, but some of the work makes it look very unlikely it isnt some sort of technology...

Yeah they look to much like UFO's. It is just way to quincidental.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
-ezechiel in the dessert
-mozes on the mountain when he got the ten commitments
-the star when jezus was born
-the eclips of the sun (mozes one of the plagues on egypt.)

Some I believe are ufo's or ailen acts.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hi there, I used to also think of the "chariots of fire" & the nephilim in the bible, maybe all that was some kind of alien experiences that happened from way back then, but really, I now believe all this kind of stuff really is evil & it just happens to take our focus off of God, we will get all the answers later on, rather focus on why you are here for now, as by the time you realise what life is really about you will have worried about nothing with aliens etc, it's just another way of diverting yours & my attention, live for now for God & all your answers will be answered later.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Bah! I had forgotten all about this subject, and this morning I was reading the Bible and ran smack into....

Revelation 11:12: And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

They ascended in a cloud. Notice that they didn't ascend into a cloud. They actually got in a cloud and went up in that matter. So what are these clouds exactly? While I'm on the subject I might as well go ahead and dump out the other references that come to mind. Please pardon the excessive quoting.

Exodus 19:9 (NIV) The LORD said to Moses, "I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear me speaking with you and will always put their trust in you." Then Moses told the LORD what the people had said.

Exodus 19:16 (NIV) On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled.

Daniel 7:13 (NIV) "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

Matthew 24:30 (NIV) "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64 (NIV) "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Mark 13:26 (NIV) "At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.

Mark 14:62 (NIV) "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Luke 21:27 (NIV) At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Acts 1:9-11 (NIV) After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Revelation 1:7 (NIV) Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

There are actually more examples in the Bible, such as Psalms 18:9 and Psalms 97:2 but I think this is enough to raise an interest in the topic. This isn't enough to prove anything, and of course no one behind any pulpit will touch this subject. It's just too far-out there. Still, there it is as a recurring theme in the Bible. Any time mention is made in the Bible of Jesus' return it seems to indicate that he will arrive with "the clouds of heaven."

Why wouldn't Jesus just appear on the Earth *poof* with his feet already on the ground? Why wouldn't he just disappear *poof* when he left in front of his disciples? He performed this magic act when he appeared to them after his resurrection so why not appear or dissappear in this instance? Quite obviously he's making a show of the event.

Now before you start thinking I've gone off the deep end, I do believe that heaven is in a different dimension I dont' think we could get to it even if we had ships that could travel at light speed. Still, that doesn't rule out the possibility, the recurring hints, that Jesus appears in or on a cloud and seems to have an armada of clouds with him. I don't think this means that Jesus can only appear during stormy weather or that he brings his own rain with him. This means something else. There's no doubt.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cpr12r

Read Ezekiel-from the beggining-it might be the most important text ever written-clear reference to UFO's oddly ignored by ufologists.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The only problem with UFOs in The Bible is that it's in The Bible. It's in a body of work widely regarded as being full of parables, analogies, fables, symbolism, etc. I'm not saying that there aren't clearly UFOs in The Bible. But all the other stuff muddies the waters and makes it difficult to discern what the writer is describing.

I hope that makes sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join