It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen who killed cyclist in DUI hit-and-run sentenced to 1 year, 10 days

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It looks like her dad called in some favors. It's total BS. This level of corruption is everywhere.

well depending on where this female actually does her one year and ten days, unless it's in protection and then protection from the criminals that are in protection. I'd say this could turn into the longest twelve months of her life, not that it's any consolation, but ladies and gentleman i can tell you orange definitly is not the new black.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

This is true, but her lawyer may have gotten her ad-sec (administrative segregation) -- so she might end up with her a cell to herself.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

imho... cyclists should either stay off the road, or start paying road tax.

That was a dumb thing to say. Road taxes are only paid by "motorized" vehicles.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
a reply to: SheepDipped

She probably isn't actually an addict....just a rich party girl with no sense of consequences for her actions. And this sentence just reinforces her affluenza. She's probably in a huff because she didn't completely get off.

She was out of rehab for 6 days when this happened. She'd been in rehab or a recreational adderal addiction. She's definitely an addict.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sadly, that's how it works. When I had a D.U.I, my girlfriend (A Jewish gal with a lot of connections in the entertainment industry) gave me an attorneys name. Turns out my attorney was in the local Italian Club and golfs with the judge who prosecutes DUIs. I got off nearly Scott free with 3 days in a cushy hotel instead of what I should have gotten. If I didn't have the money and the connections it would have been a lot worse.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
An oversimplification. This woman clearly had the connections to hire a decent attorney to work a deal.

Justice isn't cheap in the U.S. of A..

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

UGH! By the time this is over, they'll be down to paying restitution to Ellis for "bothering" her following her murdering Dussenbury...
www.adn.com...

The sentence has now been whittled down to 113 days.

What a frickin joke.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join