It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mentally Ill In America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear your story and even more sorry to say it is common.

I regret now moving home ten years ago. Even with out the terrible problems you have this is like a third world country.
I see so much suffering and we pride our selves of being "The Greatest Nation". It is a charade.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Here's my research and conclusions and sessions info, with references. I uploaded the 1-hour track to Google-Drive, so if you want it, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will share it with you. I can't guarantee any results, but it is what is is, and if you think it may help, I will share it with you. Here's what it is:

There are few specific brain wave frequencies which produce unique or specific results more so than others in their respective ranges. When researching some of the few actual specific frequencies, I found several which when used in combination with others, were shown to work together for many specific purposes. Interestingly, all of them are octaves of each other – relative to a note “E,” the Brow Chakra, or Pineal Gland – the “3rd Eye.”

The one hour session I’ve created consists of 10 minutes each, of isochronic tones for brain wave entrainment (headphones NOT required,) as follows:
40Hz Gamma, 2.5Hz Delta, 5Hz Theta, 10Hz Alpha, 20Hz Beta, 40Hz Gamma

The isochronic tones are accompanied by plush synthesizers, and singing bowls recorded at the Integratron. Low-frequency sine waves are included, for use with low-frequency transducer systems for Vibro-Acoustic Therapy. You may be able to hear them in good headphones or speakers, or if you have a home-theater system with a sub or transducer system, and many cars utilize transducers in the seats. Do not use the track while driving, however!

Use responsibly - stop the audio if you experience any discomfort. Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after your utilizing the track.

Before using the track, I recommend drinking a glass of water, maybe a quick stretch, and get comfortable and relaxed.

In 2004, a study was conducted on eight long-term Tibetan Buddhist Monks. They showed high spikes in 40Hz Gamma brain waves. These oscillations in the monk's brain signals were the largest seen in humans.
-National Academy of Sciences USA, 2004 Such evidence and research in gamma-based oscillations may explain the heightened sense of consciousness, bliss, and intellectual acuity subsequent to meditation. Notably, meditation is known to have a number of health benefits: stress reduction, mood elevation, and increasedlife expectancy of the mind and it's cognitive functions.
-"Meditation on Demand," Peter Reneir, Scientific American, May 26, 2009 40Hz was dominant when problem solving in fearful situations.
-Ray Auxilion, 1999 Used in conjunction with 22Hz* for out of body travel, also for psychic healing in unpublished studies by the Monroe Institute. When the body is profoundly relaxed and the mind is in a state of high focus and concentration, 20* & 40Hz brain activity can be seen in the [EEG readings] of some subjects...40Hz pulses are thought to lead to synchronization and coordination of neurons assigned to the processing of incoming sensory stimulation...40Hz may be the brain's "operating frequency."
-Dennis Webber *I use 20Hz, the octave of 40Hz, same Beta range, but “in-tune” and therefore will not create unwanted intervals.
40Hz is associated with information-rich task processing and high-level information processing; 40Hz brain activity may be a kind of binding mechanism. It serves to connect structures in the cortex where advanced information processing occurs, and in the thalamus, a lower brain region where complex relay and integrative functions are carried out.
-Dr. Rodolfo Llinas, Professor of Neuroscience, New York University

80Hz and 160Hz were found to be "involved with stimulating 5-hydroxytryptamine production." It was suggested these two frequencies be used in conjunction with a 2.5Hz Delta frequency, shown to increase production of endogenous opiates. These are a family of chemicals the brain produces that serve as pain killers, and also help to reduce anxiety and fear. -Octaves and Windows, Equinox, 1998
The 20Hz octave was also shown to stimulate the pineal gland and as an adrenal stimulant, when used as a Rife Frequency. The 5Hz Theta wave octave was shown in studies to reduce sleep needed, induce relaxed states, and it created pain relief beta-endorphine increases of 10-50%.
-Intelegen, Inc. 10Hz Alpha waves enhanced release of seratonin and showed to be a mood elevator. -Megabrain Germany
The 10Hz signal boosts production and turnover rate of seratonin. - Patterson & Capel, 1983 10Hz showed to improve motor impulse coordination.
- Ray Auxillon, 1999
And also for treatment for ADD and hyperactivity.
-JF Lubar, 1991

I hope you ask me to share the track with you to try, and if you do, I will include info on how to utilize octave-related color-therapy with it, including crystals, with which piezo-electric effects increase by 400% when used with light, as well as a more relaxing track to help you sleep. PM me an email. The AMA has a page on chromatherapy, in which they don't endorse it, but don't deny it either.

edit on 19-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: ETA

edit on 19-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: wantsome

Was there something traumatic that had happened in your life or in your family's life that could explain why the paranoia suddenly began? I imagine you had not been taking drugs, otherwise you would have mentioned something about them.

2. Had you ever, at any point in time, thought that maybe demonic activity had taken over your mental abilities? I know that the demonic realm plays an important role in some cases regarding psychosis. On that note, do you have a relaionship with some type of faith at all?

3. Have you ever thought that maybe someone had placed a curse or a hex or something against you? Sometimes that happens as well, depending on the company you keep or have kept in the past.. Paranormal explanations can and do exist for this type of thing.

4. Did you ever feel a physical assault of some sort by the energies that were manipulating your thoughts and vision? I am also wondering if you may have ever experienced a physical assault while attempting to sleep during the sessions of insomnia.

Maybe you'll have time to answer those questions there..

Thanks for getting back to me by the way

100% healthy FOOD only!!
I'm not a spiritual person and I consider myself an atheist. That's not to say I'm totally closed off to the idea there might be a god. I hope there is I really do but deep down inside I don't think so.

Spirituality had nothing to do with me getting schiz. It's genetic and runs on my moms father side of the family. My moms cousin has 3 sons and one of them was recently diagnosed with it.

Some people can carry the genes and never get the illness. I've read that if somebody has the genes the illness can be triggered by stress or drug use or from nothing at all. The genes flip on just like cancer genes.

My grandfather ate his vitamins and lived a healthy life style and he got colon cancer. My grandmother grew up on a tobacco farm and started smoking when she was 10. She never got cancer she died at age 75.

They did a study with identical twins and schiz. They found most of the time only one of them got the illness.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Spirituality had nothing to do with me getting schiz.

There are many factors for this as illness perceived phenomenon called schizophrenia. I would clearly recommend that you take a closer look into radical constructivism to get another viewpoint for your concideration. Best wishes!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You'd be a shaman in many other societies ...
Not suggesting you leave to the jungle and live in trees. Have you ever studied, read or watched how many other cultures treat mental illness ?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm sorry, but going off your meds like that is an astoundingly irresponsible and frankly stupid thing to do. Yes, the side effects may be unpleasant and your doctor ignoring them is a problem. But you absolutely should not stop taking medication (especially for something like bipolar disorder) without being told to by a doctor. Do you have any idea how often people do that, and how dangerous it can be? It's things like that that lead to suicides and even violence.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
a reply to: onequestion

I'm sorry, but going off your meds like that is an astoundingly irresponsible and frankly stupid thing to do. Yes, the side effects may be unpleasant and your doctor ignoring them is a problem. But you absolutely should not stop taking medication (especially for something like bipolar disorder) without being told to by a doctor. Do you have any idea how often people do that, and how dangerous it can be? It's things like that that lead to suicides and even violence.
My bad I thought this was targeted at me I so made a response. I've since deleted my response.
edit on 24-8-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join