It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody ever seen SWAT Kats??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen that cartoon called "SWAT Kats?" It was about these two renegade fighter jet pilots, but it was one of the most awesome cartoons I ever saw.

And they had an awesome variant of the F-14 Tomcat (they're cats; in their world, there are no humans, just bipedal cats).

Anyhow though, I just figured I'd mention them and see if anyone else ever saw the show and enjoyed it as much as I did.

It is off the air now I believe, but it will probably come back eventually. Unfortunately, you can't buy the episodes on DVD because they didn't release them (the jerks). Hopefully they will.

BTW, here is a link of the blueprint of the SWAT Kats F-14, called the "TurboKat:"

mattfiske.werewolfsmg.net...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Broadsword20068]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I've seen SWAT Cats.

It aired during the mid 90's I think.

While no where near as cool as the cartoons that came out in the 80s (Macross, Transformers, GI Joe, Mask) it was cool for a 90s cartoon.

I used to watch it with the kid I babysat for afterschool.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well I never cared for G.I. Joe or Mask but Macross looked cool. SWAT Kats to me was still cooler though

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Aaaa...
The SWAT kats must be one of the best cartoons I've ever seen.
Not only the jet was cool but the stries were allways incredible

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh yeah, i remember.

Swat kats was that Hanna-barbera cartoon of these 2 cats, T-bone and rajor saving their cat city like powerpuff girls.

It was on CARTOON NETWORK over here in india . i used to watch that thing everyday soon after getting home from school. it was aired between 1996-99 (? ) in india.

I recall, they had a plane that could take off and land vertically. it was involved in several dogfights with UFO like fighters of the bad guys.
It often also dropped a cool motorbike with millsiles.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How does this come under =Aircraft projects ??
Yeah! I saw that cartoon - impressive but unrealistic[CATS!!
]
Also MAcross was way way better than Swash cats was. I think those Japanese dudes do much cooler stuff than HB's guys!
The F-35 tries to be some thing like the Turbocat with the VTOL capabilty and all also with improved JDAM's-no chance of seeing a cement cannon and stuff(what was HB thinking!) on the F-35!

IAF..

join