It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What US city/region would you wish living in...and why of course...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If your not from there, everything just looks the same. And you really can't look around much because of the terrifying traffic. Not to mention the variation in traffic laws, and the tendency of New Yorkers in the boroughs to double park both ways, and block of streets.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If your not from there, everything just looks the same. And you really can't look around much because of the terrifying traffic. Not to mention the variation in traffic laws, and the tendency of New Yorkers in the boroughs to double park both ways, and block of streets.

Next time you visit you have a chauffer, and I promise we will only run over three or four squeegee guys max.

Maybe five.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Hawaii... yes, I can understand that. I lived on Aruba for two years.. For americans (and the rest of the planet) this is associated with a holiday resort. After a while the holiday goes back home and you are left for what it is. My experience was emptyness.. nothing substantial. Had to leave the islandbecause I had seen it all and needed to go back where real life is.

I do not know much about Hawaii but isn't that something simular? Can any american pack his bags and move to one of the Hawaiian islands?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Isurrender73

Fantasy island?

Hawaii.

Not a bad choice. Been there once and loved it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I used to live in a rural part of Pennsylvania and I loved it, but then I moved to Florida to go to a college down here... I literally hate every single thing about this area. Everything... So obviously I am going to move when I finish my degree program. I'm really considering the areas around western North Carolina or eastern Tennessee. Maybe Oregon or Washington, even Alaska... Probably Tennessee/North Carolina though.
I need mountains, nature, and seasons.

On that note, I hate when Floridians complain about how it's "freezing" when the temperature so much as touches 80. Don't ever come here, people are crazy.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
20+ years ago we decided where we wanted to live. We're from Gary, IN. Lots of crime, jobs/people were leaving Gary en masse.

We sold off most everything, moved to rural southern Colorado and never looked back. There was nothing to go back to.

People have to be highly motivated before making such a drastic change. It was hard getting reestablished but living in Gary was harder. We had little to lose. Safer outlying areas surrounding Gary were unaffordable for many because of layoffs. Over the years Gary's crime spread to those once safe neighborhoods so we absolutely made the right decision.

We love where we live and it only gets better. Our kids are grown, well established, life is easier. Even during tough times living so close to nature, bad memories of Gary made it all so worth it.

It was a good test for our marriage, having only each other to depend on makes for a strong bond. Kinda puts things in perspective. Making such a drastic change comes with risks. Unless you/your spouse are on the same page, it can be a huge failure.

Weigh your options carefully then give it a go. The life we wanted was out there, making it happen was the challenge. Settling for less, in Gary, simply wasn't an option for us.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'd be interested to know of some places too. Got to come over to the U.S. For a couple of months and wondering where to go. I'm freelance so actual location doesn't matter so long as it is reasonably close to an airport

Spent two years in NYC so not keen to go back there (although I loved it at the time). Thinking of somewhere in the countryside - any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I used to live in a rural part of Pennsylvania and I loved it, but then I moved to Florida to go to a college down here... I literally hate every single thing about this area. Everything... So obviously I am going to move when I finish my degree program. I'm really considering the areas around western North Carolina or eastern Tennessee. Maybe Oregon or Washington, even Alaska... Probably Tennessee/North Carolina though.
I need mountains, nature, and seasons.

On that note, I hate when Floridians complain about how it's "freezing" when the temperature so much as touches 80. Don't ever come here, people are crazy.

Why not go back from where you original come? You have probably family and friends there too. Why change a winning team...? So Florida is not an option.. Many people consider Florida a tropical heaven in which growing old is something to look forward to. I am sure you had some real nasty experiences which made you absolute sure Florida is not for you..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Can any american pack his bags and move to one of the Hawaiian islands?

Hawaii is one of the 50 states, so, yes, any American can move there. However from what I hear it is an expensive place to live.

Sal

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

I've driven through Southern Colorado several times when I lived in Laramie, WY. Trinidad was a lovely community, but Pueblo wasn't so hot.

Im definitely an eastern slope kinda guy.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I'm there, really. It's a rural area. I don't have to deal with crap in the city. The only thing I would change is it gets cold and it snows. I hate winter.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've often said that where I am is not my "forever home". I have 4 of my children entering high school this year...FINALLY and am looking forward to the day that the S.O. and I can go anywhere. Now, we disagree on where that is. It's funny really it's not a deal breaker but, we both know that I will win LOL...He wants to go out west...somewhere...he says Grand Canyon-ish.
I have always gravitated toward water. It is just natural to me. I prefer the ocean although we do live on a beautiful lake.
I often say "This would be perfect if there were waves crashing on the shore" and not from the boats...

I like Tennessee enough. It is beautiful but, can't we find beauty anywhere if we look hard enough?
I have a gypsy soul I think and am not afraid of change. We have lived in about 15 houses in about as many years as we have lived in TN. I know THAT sounds crazy!

Anyway, the day will come and I may live in many places and never find my "forever home"...
that's okay too!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join