It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions Reported At Two New Mexico Churches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Two bombs, although small ones, exploded today outside two churches in the southern New Mexico City of Las Cruces; one in a mailbox and the other a trashcan.

No one was hurt during the incident and no known suspects are being reported. The FBI along with other authorities are investigating the explosion.

Source

The FBI, along with local authorities, is investigating explosions at two different churches in Las Cruces, New Mexico, which took place about 30 minutes apart from one another. There were no injuries in the incidents, with witnesses saying both churches were evacuated, ABC News reported.

Alternative source

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

I don't like hearing this.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I don't like hearing this.

I thought the same thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't think I'd exactly call these 'bombs". A mailbox blew up, and a trash can blew up and broke a window or two. It sounds like a couple kids with M80s.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I don't think I'd exactly call these 'bombs". A mailbox blew up, and a trash can blew up and broke a window or two. It sounds like a couple kids with M80s.

Initially I thought the same thing, but having browsed around a bit I came across another article that interviews a gentleman who was outside when it happened, and seen the rigging or at least a piece of it.

Source

"It was a real bomb, I saw all the parts," said Cavalry Baptist member Dennis Llewellyn, who said he was outside the church when the explosive went off. Llewellyn said he was a former special forces member with the Marines and recognized bomb parts that included an Eveready battery.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Interesting, if true. On the other hand, though, if someone went to the trouble to make a "real" bomb, and this was the result, I'd say there's nothing to worry about. You can create a 'bomb' several orders of magnitude more powerful than these apparently were with $10, a trip to Wal-Mart, and 15 minutes to assemble it lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Someone forget the Beano?

…sorry I had to….

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am sure they will blame it on the Tea Party. Get ready for mainstream media to spin this, they way they do everything else.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
I am sure they will blame it on the Tea Party. Get ready for mainstream media to spin this, they way they do everything else.

When has the tea party ever been accused of bombings at churches? There is no precedence for that assumption.
edit on 08am12am312015-08-03T00:01:33-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Possibly however we cant discount the possibility that these 2 explosive devices were a test to make sure they worked. Even serial killers start small, usually with animals before moving up the chain.

a reply to: mahatche
When has the msm ever reported on the tea party / its members in a positive light?

edit on 3-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join